Rookie upgrade via Carlisle ban

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Which rookie should we upgrade for 2016?

Nick O'Kearney
44%
Josh Saunders
15%
Nick Coughlan
12%
Brenton Payne
3%
Jason Holmes
25%

Total votes: 59

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rookie upgrade via Carlisle ban

Won't weaken the dogs or Melbourne

loris
Saintsational Legend

Now I think it was last season a tv station (can't recall if it was free to air or pay tv) ran a program over a month or so. It was about a group of players picked from various competitions around the continent. None of them had been in the various drafts.

Michael Voss was the coach and I think that Dixon fellow (ex-Hawk) was somehow involved. I think the show went something like. Each week a player would be dropped off the group. Until the end of the series one player was left. This players prize was to be placed straight on the Rookie list of an AFL club. This was all sanctioned by the AFL.
Don't know who the player was or what Club he went to and if he lasted that long. I only watched one episode, thought I had more to do with my life than spend anymore time seeing such manufactured crap. In the episode I saw, Michael Voss would never win an Oscar or Golden Globe or Logie - he sure could play footy but was the most uninspiring motivator in a coaching role - no wonder Brisbane Lions took a nose-dive under him.

Now the AFL can make up rules as it goes, is this show being repeated this season? If yes, maybe the winner should be forced to go to Essendope............... just thinking

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

loris wrote:Now I think it was last season a tv station (can't recall if it was free to air or pay tv) ran a program over a month or so. It was about a group of players picked from various competitions around the continent. None of them had been in the various drafts.

Michael Voss was the coach and I think that Dixon fellow (ex-Hawk) was somehow involved. I think the show went something like. Each week a player would be dropped off the group. Until the end of the series one player was left. This players prize was to be placed straight on the Rookie list of an AFL club. This was all sanctioned by the AFL.
Don't know who the player was or what Club he went to and if he lasted that long. I only watched one episode, thought I had more to do with my life than spend anymore time seeing such manufactured crap. In the episode I saw, Michael Voss would never win an Oscar or Golden Globe or Logie - he sure could play footy but was the most uninspiring motivator in a coaching role - no wonder Brisbane Lions took a nose-dive under him.

Now the AFL can make up rules as it goes, is this show being repeated this season? If yes, maybe the winner should be forced to go to Essendope............... just thinking
The program was called "The Recruit" The guy that won it last year, Johann Wagner. went on the Port Adelaide rookie list and has already been delisted. This year Mick Malthouse has replaced Voss as the new coach.