Riewoldt

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The_President
Club Player

Re: Riewoldt

Came into work in the pre season to organise some media stuff, just looked as fit as I've ever seen him.
Dropped weight and just looked like a full blown athlete.

Went to the TAB that day and got him at $1001 to win the Brownlow and $251 to win.

Looks like a big pay day if he keeps up his current form

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Gershwin wrote:I've got a feeling that we are going to see a very good season from Nick. You would expect that mentally he is in a far better space than last year. He has a lovely bouncing son in James and from all reports has had a good off-season in Texas and has returned in good shape.
In the forward line he will get good support from Bruce, McCartin and Hickey and will most likely will get a run in the midfield to keep him fresh.

Bad luck aside I think he might just have another B&F in him.
Yep, mentally he is in a very good space. But he does expect perfection. And he lost it after the game on Sunday.
P.S. Didn't think the HeraldSun would run with it.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

ofcourse they would Tony--

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
felix
Club Player

What did nick lose , how did he lose it what did he do ??? Did he cry..? Or go off his face at people? I need to know. :D

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:
Gershwin wrote:I've got a feeling that we are going to see a very good season from Nick. You would expect that mentally he is in a far better space than last year. He has a lovely bouncing son in James and from all reports has had a good off-season in Texas and has returned in good shape.
In the forward line he will get good support from Bruce, McCartin and Hickey and will most likely will get a run in the midfield to keep him fresh.

Bad luck aside I think he might just have another B&F in him.
Yep, mentally he is in a very good space. But he does expect perfection. And he lost it after the game on Sunday.
P.S. Didn't think the HeraldSun would run with it.
What, he lost his perfection after the game on Sunday?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

I just heard on SEN that something like the following occurred (although I may have misheard it) - he swore at a St Kilda media girl as she wanted the players to take selfies with the crowd after the match and Rooey thought we didn't play very well and shouldn't be smiling and carrying on and should just get off the ground. He has apparently apologized to the girl.

Schwarz said he has enough credits in the bank that, now that he has apologized, we can forget about it and move on.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
The_President
Club Player

Jacks Back wrote:I just heard on SEN that something like the following occurred (although I may have misheard it) - he swore at a St Kilda media girl as she wanted the players to take selfies with the crowd after the match and Rooey thought we didn't play very well and shouldn't be smiling and carrying on and should just get off the ground. He has apparently apologized to the girl.

Schwarz said he has enough credits in the bank that, now that he has apologized, we can forget about it and move on.

Just a massive over reaction by the media.
Absolute non story.

supersaints
Club Player

There an article in th Herald scum... Wonder if it may damage our push for a female side... But I'd think the AFL would have already decided Collingwood and whoever else. He may have reacted inappropriately but it shows how passionate he is and what a harsh self critic he is regarding his own team contribution.

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

supersaints wrote:There an article in th Herald scum... Wonder if it may damage our push for a female side... But I'd think the AFL would have already decided Collingwood and whoever else. He may have reacted inappropriately but it shows how passionate he is and what a harsh self critic he is regarding his own team contribution.
If you pass wind in the wrong direction these days some skid mark will be writing about it. Rooey knows what it takes to be a top 4 side and should be holding the team to a high standard. Can't put in a first half like that every week and get away with it.

felix
Club Player

There will be no cheerful whistling around our club rooms. Needs to lighten up and let the young players and fans enjoy a rare win .

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Why does it matter that the person in question is female? Why is that an issue? Why could it affect our female side getting a licence? She was an employee. If the employee he swore at was male there would be no story. What does equality actually mean? Media are a joke.

Non story. Barrett will love it.

Equality means you can swear at anyone in the workplace without fear of recrimination .

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Will it be on the footy show tonite

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
freely
SS Hall of Fame

Unfortunately, he has a bit of form in this area. Without wishing to unleash a torrent of vitriole (because personally, I think she had a point) Kim Duthie's original complaint before releasing the nude photos was because of the way Rooey dissed her. Something along the lines of 'what's that slag doing here?' as I recall.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

freely wrote:Unfortunately, he has a bit of form in this area. Without wishing to unleash a torrent of vitriole (because personally, I think she had a point) Kim Duthie's original complaint before releasing the nude photos was because of the way Rooey dissed her. Something along the lines of 'what's that slag doing here?' as I recall.
He may have had a point. Maybe the boys should have listened to him...........

With regards to this incident, obviously Roo felt that there had been enough showboating after beating a reserves team by only 7-8 goals, and wanted everyone to get inside. No need to speak to ANY staff member like that, as she was only doing her job - a fact that Roo has acknowledged. He probably comes across as arrogant sometimes, but he apologised and I'm not sure this needs to be splashed all over the back pages. Must be a slow news day.

asaint
Club Player

Oh dear, mention the young lady Kim as having issues with the way she was spoken to. She lied about being pregnant, lied about losing a baby, please never mention her with any credibility whatsoever.

Nick said a naughty word and apologised. How did it get in the press?

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Jacks Back wrote:I just heard on SEN that something like the following occurred (although I may have misheard it) - he swore at a St Kilda media girl as she wanted the players to take selfies with the crowd after the match and Rooey thought we didn't play very well and shouldn't be smiling and carrying on and should just get off the ground. He has apparently apologized to the girl.

After the WCE game, they'd want to flog the Bombers by a huge margin.
Carrying on after the game may let the guys feel like it's "job well done", but it wasn't.
He's said sorry to her, but she's just doing her job

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

My mail is that his disrespect to others at the club isn't an isolated incident.

Not overly popular I've heard, unless you're in his clique.

Any truth to this?

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

It's a bit rich though. After the Hawthorn game, the young blokes were gutted immediately after the siren. And the camera panned to Reiwoldt and he was smiling and having a laugh. At the time I thought to myself "Dude, at least pretend you're gutted for the young guys".

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:My mail is that his disrespect to others at the club isn't an isolated incident.

Any truth to this?
Well, he's never spoken to me so there must be.

The Herald Sun was just doing their job - that is, being gutter scum.

The issue here is what was "agreed" before the game. Any after match on field activities must be thoroughly discussed before the game, not after it. There can be contingencies for particular results. I guess there would have been great celebrations had we won on the last kick of the day. Winning easy, even if not easily enough, does not lead itself to spontaneity. If the club employee was suggesting something that hadn't been discussed before the game, then the club is at fault, maybe including her. If Nick had been informed and changed his mind then he is at fault. And I guess there are a range of in-between possibilities. The issue regarding swearing is BS. Just part of the never ending sanctimonious hypocrisy that currently infects our society. Which bring us back to the Herald Sun.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:My mail is that his disrespect to others at the club isn't an isolated incident.

Any truth to this?
Well most of the players must be in his 'clique' as they consistently keep voting him in as their captain.

And from the people I know at the Club I've heard completely the opposite.
A perfectionist in everything he does but always happy to oblige.
Maybe they're all part of his clique'?

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:

Any truth to this?
Well most of the players must be in his 'clique' as they consistently keep voting him in as their captain.

And from the people I know at the Club I've heard completely the opposite.
A perfectionist in everything he does but always happy to oblige.
Maybe they're all part of his clique'?
Maybe there is no clique at all.

Maybe my mail is off the mark!

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

My reading of it is that he is a perfectionist, which means when things don't go well he can get down on himself or the team. It's quite a cross to bear and not much he can do about it apart from accept that football is not a perfect science, far from it.

Anyhow, no real harm done. Move along

saynta
Saintsational Legend

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/opinio ... 5d4d110639

Another scummy journo joins in, And this one really likes being in the gutter.

I see from the comments section that she doesn't have much support.

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

They really are scraping the bottom of the barrel, aren't they?

Page 1 and page 3 of the paper? FFS. It's not like there's an election or anything else newsworthy to report ... :roll:

I would have thought Roo had enough credits in the PR bank to see this one to the bottom of the bin where it belongs. Was the Chief Football writer at the pub again when they made the call?

Always loyal