Did I hear correct - god help us

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Did I hear correct - god help us

Scollop wrote: Fri 21 Sep 2018 8:45pm Cairnsman:

What did you expect Richo to say? He didn't directly take responsibility but he did indirectly blame the players.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-04-29/r ... ills-again

You are correct in that Richo never directly said that it is the players' fault that we were sitting in 16th and unable to win more games of footy. He didn't however take responsibility that the players we'd drafted and that he'd been part of the list management team were failing to improve year on year. How the hell did the CEO and pres and the head coach think the group was good enough to challenge for a top 8 spot in the lead up to the year and then turn around and 'bemoan the skills of the players'?

He failed to say that the players he was selecting week in and week out were failing to get the job done. He also failed to do anything about the players who failed to be effective with their skills ( that article on afl.com is from very early in the year and Richo was pissweak when it came to selection integrity). He failed to replace those whose skills or attitude were letting down the team...until mounting injuries forced his hand.
Another poster that has totally embarrased himself and is outed as nothing more than a weak internet drone.

Show evidence where the prez, ceo and coach "bemoaned the skills of the players" as is your claim.

Again I apologise for being strong on this issue and I will applogise if evidence can be provided.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: Fri 21 Sep 2018 10:07pm

What did you expect Richo to say? He didn't directly take responsibility but he did indirectly blame the players.

You are correct in that Richo never directly said that it is the players' fault that we were sitting in 16th and unable to win more games of footy. He didn't however take responsibility that the players we'd drafted and that he'd been part of the list management team were failing to improve year on year. How the hell did the CEO and pres and the head coach think the group was good enough to challenge for a top 8 spot in the lead up to the year and then turn around and 'bemoan the skills of the players'?

He failed to say that the players he was selecting week in and week out were failing to get the job done. He also failed to do anything about the players who failed to be effective with their skills ( that article on afl.com is from very early in the year and Richo was pissweak when it came to selection integrity). He failed to replace those whose skills or attitude were letting down the team...until mounting injuries forced his hand.
Another poster that has totally embarrased himself and is outed as nothing more than a weak internet drone.

Show evidence where the prez, ceo and coach "bemoaned the skills of the players" as is your claim.

Again I apologise for being strong on this issue and I will applogise if evidence can be provided.
The CEO, pres and the board didn't want to look stupid. What else were they going to say after having extended Richo's contract? The blame game started when the poor results were mounting and the sharks started circling. The narrative had to be that it was the player's fault and that NO coaching team or footy department would have done any better. The coach bemoaned the lack of on field leaders. If you don't think that is blaming the players I'm sorry but there is no other conclusion

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/05/24/ ... s-wallace/

A far cry form the crap that they sold us after the Doggies won a premiership..."We can do it too" bulltish

Then when the Tigs won one it was..." We can do it too"

Now that Collingwood have turned their fortunes around, for the last 3 months the blue sky brigade have been telling us that Richo is just like Buckley and with the right support... "WE CAN DO IT TOO!!" FUUUUUUCCCKKKK OFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Fri 21 Sep 2018 10:25pm

The CEO, pres and the board didn't want to look stupid. What else were they going to say after having extended Richo's contract? The blame game started when the poor results were mounting and the sharks started circling. The narrative had to be that it was the player's fault and that NO coaching team or footy department would have done any better. The coach bemoaned the lack of on field leaders. If you don't think that is blaming the players I'm sorry but there is no other conclusion

A far cry form the crap that they sold us after the Doggies won a premiership..."We can do it too" bulltish

Now that Collingwood have turned their fortunes around, for the last 3 months the blue sky brigade have been telling us that Richo is just like Buckley and with the right support... "WE CAN DO IT TOO!!" FUUUUUUCCCKKKK OFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for posting that Scollop. There will be other reports similar as well. Whether Richardson said it himself, or he remained silent whilst other senior management blamed the players, it’s the same thing in my book. Adds up to sfa accountability and sfa leadership. A far far cry from TMBK being a great leader. He is nothing of the sort.

saint6709
Club Player

+++111 I still think we have the players they just aren’t getting it together and I blame the coaches - when the tigers started getting pumped tonight I started thinking who are their actual good players ?? And after the first 5 or so obvious ones ( who weren’t making enough of an impact ) I wondered who should really be included ?? We miss a few at the very top end ie Martin,Rance, Cotchin ,reiwiltdt but otherwise we should be all over them - please sort out the coaching !!!!!!! The players will step up

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Just embarrassing Scollop. Come on man. Own it brother. If it helps, you are not alone. There are many others that heard the same voices. Heal yourself and accept.

THERE WAS NO BLAME. BLAME. NO BLAME HERE.

THE BLAIM CLAIM JUST BRINGS SHAME!

BURP!

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Fri 21 Sep 2018 10:59pm

Thanks for posting that Scollop. There will be other reports similar as well. Whether Richardson said it himself, or he remained silent whilst other senior management blamed the players, it’s the same thing in my book. Adds up to sfa accountability and sfa leadership. A far far cry from TMBK being a great leader. He is nothing of the sort.
Just embarrassing SB. Weak character. You made a completely false claim and you have been called out and just can't find it in yourself to admit how weak it is to attack a bloke with false claims from behind a keyboard.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman:

Yours is the only post that is embarrassing ( don't you proof read what you are about to post?)

let me just add...

Was Stuv on his own when he asked Richo whether we were rebuilding?

If the coaches and admin backed the players as much as they backed their contract extension...maybe he wouldn't have

portosaint
Club Player

I'm still waiting for "proof" of this great leadership :shock:

saintkev
Club Player

The man speaks in uninspiring cliches. His ‘outstanding’ references suggest that we should have had a successful year. Yet, the opposite occurred. Why? No issues were addressed.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Fri 21 Sep 2018 11:54pm Cairnsman:

Yours is the only post that is embarrassing ( don't you proof read what you are about to post?)

let me just add...

Was Stuv on his own when he asked Richo whether we were rebuilding?

If the coaches and admin backed the players as much as they backed their contract extension...maybe he wouldn't have
It's just weak character Scollop. Incredibly weak and you should be incredibly ashamed. You are making false claims and attacking somebody with those false claims who just doesn't deserve it nor can defend themselves. Does it make you feel strong and powerful when you attack someone like that from the anonymity of a keyboard? What do you get out of it.

takeaway
Club Player

It's all going according to plan. Beautifully executed. Masterful planning by Richo & club. We just have to finish 13th next year.

Richmond 2016 - 13th. Major review, coach on thin ice - 2017 - Premiership
Collingwood 2017 - 13th. Major review, coach on thin ice - 2018 - Grand Final!
St Kilda 2019 - 13th. Major review, coach on thin ice - 2020 - ITS HAPPENING!

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

I turn up and support the players Cairnsman. They deserve better. Do you think we were tanking when we would line up with 2 forwards in The round 23 match against North or was that Richo's idea of giving the players the best opportunity to win?

If you want to deflect and attack me that's up to you. I give it and I can take it too

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Sat 22 Sep 2018 12:09am It's all going according to plan. Beautifully executed. Masterful planning by Richo & club. We just have to finish 13th next year.

That's what all the Collingwood fans are saying on their fan forums ( my mate is Collingwood and he told me 1 hour ago). I reckon you copied it

And just as always...the blue sky brigade tell us we can do it too

This coach and this footy department ( administered by Finnis and co. ) have set us back 5 years.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sat 22 Sep 2018 12:11am I turn up and support the players Cairnsman. They deserve better. Do you think we were tanking when we would line up with 2 forwards in The round 23 match against North or was that Richo's idea of giving the players the best opportunity to win?

If you want to deflect and attack me that's up to you. I give it and I can take it too

Where did Richo blaim the players and what did he blaim them for?

I know you will never ever be able to provide a straight and honest answer because the so called blaim is a figment of your mind. The sad part is you don't have the strength of character to admit it.

takeaway
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Sat 22 Sep 2018 12:14am
takeaway wrote: Sat 22 Sep 2018 12:09am It's all going according to plan. Beautifully executed. Masterful planning by Richo & club. We just have to finish 13th next year.

That's what all the Collingwood fans are saying on their fan forums ( my mate is Collingwood and he told me 1 hour ago). I reckon you copied it

And just as always...the blue sky brigade tell us we can do it too

This coach and this footy department ( administered by Finnis and co. ) have set us back 5 years.
Channel 7 said it. (except for Saints bit) ITS HAPPENING!

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: Fri 21 Sep 2018 11:44pm

Just embarrassing SB. Weak character. You made a completely false claim and you have been called out and just can't find it in yourself to admit how weak it is to attack a bloke with false claims from behind a keyboard.
Oh FFS mate. Weak character. OK whatever you say....I just can’t be arsed googling the evidence. Get a grip bloke.
If you totally missed the late season direct blaming and implication from Saints senior management that the players were the reason for the dismal season and by extension, senior management wasn’t, then ok, so you missed it. Me and it appears a few others, didn’t. Looks like Terry Wallace didn’t miss it either as per article above. Whatever. Like I said above, take it or leave it, I’m easy either way with whatever you think. Up to you. Bottom line is it was a miserable season and there’s been zero accountability for it from those who actually are accountable and now we’re all expected to tip our money in again and be all optimistic with the same crew in charge. I don’t think so.
Last edited by st.byron on Sat 22 Sep 2018 12:41am, edited 2 times in total.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: Sat 22 Sep 2018 12:18am
Scollop wrote: Sat 22 Sep 2018 12:11am I turn up and support the players Cairnsman. They deserve better. Do you think we were tanking when we would line up with 2 forwards in The round 23 match against North or was that Richo's idea of giving the players the best opportunity to win?

Where did Richo blaim the players and what did he blaim them for?

I know you will never ever be able to provide a straight and honest answer because the so called blaim is a figment of your mind. The sad part is you don't have the strength of character to admit it.
Richo publicly claimed we needed on field leaders. He lamented a lack of onfield leadership for some of the losses and he ( with the backing of Lethers and the CEO and admin ) went out and chased the vice captain of Sydney. What other real honest answers do you need

I provide plenty of straight answers. You don't

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote: Sat 22 Sep 2018 12:34am

Oh FFS mate. Weak character. OK whatever you say....I just can’t be arsed googling the evidence. Get a grip bloke.
If you totally missed the late season direct blame and implication from Saints senior management that the players were the reason for the dismal season and by extension, senior management wasn’t, then ok, so you missed it. Me and it appears a few others, didn’t. Looks like Terry Wallace didn’t miss it either as per article above. Whatever. It was a miserable season and there’s been zero accountability for it from those who actually are accountable.
Miserable season or not, does a man deserve to have his character smeared by invisible snipers attacking his character behind a keboard with completely false claims. You still haven't been able to produce evidence where Richo blamed the players and what he blamed them of. It didn't happen and the really sad part is you can't admit it which says more about your character. Does it make you feel tough to make false claims about someone else that can't defend themselves?

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=95805&hilit=leadership

If a coach is under pressure and his team is struggling when most pundits had them as a top 8 challenger

in 2018, it makes sense to make a public statement which basically deflects the blowtorch towards...the players

Saying that your team lacks leadership is basically blamimg the players for losses.

realdeal
Club Player

Scollop and st.b are correct.. richo and management turned the conversation around and directly and indirectly blamed the players... whilst i agree the players were lacklustre at times, the coaches own unaccountability was a disgrace.. and do we dare discuss 'selection integritygate'?!

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sat 22 Sep 2018 12:53am viewtopic.php?f=1&t=95805&hilit=leadership

If a coach is under pressure and his team is struggling when most pundits had them as a top 8 challenger

in 2018, it makes sense to make a public statement which basically deflects the blowtorch towards...the players

Saying that your team lacks leadership is basically blamimg the players for losses.

Oh the irony, speaking of deflecting, you can twsit words anyway you like to create the context that suits your narrative however you do realise that is deception and just plain making stuff up.

Does it make you feel better when you do it. To continue to bully a person and run thier character into the ground knowing they can't defend themselves and they can't have a crack back is weak. Maybe you were bulllied as a kid, for all I know you are a kid and this type of bullying makes you feel better. It wouldn't surprise me if you are a kid because you are having trouble taking accountability for making stuff up about someone and you still can't produce evidence of where Richo blamed players and what he blamed them for.

Look it's also possible you are actually an adult and you just don't understand the meaning of the word blame and/or the context you are creating in your mind. It happens and I feel really sad for you but you should stop attacking a person's character with false claims especially when they can't defend themselves.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Whether Richardson said it himself, or he remained silent

You are just making stuff up and you know it.

I just can’t be arsed googling the evidence

But you have got the time to make stuff up.

Where is the evidence to back your claim that Richo blamed the players and what he blamed them for.

The bit about what Richo was supposed to have blamed the players for is falsely claimed by numerous posters and there is also numerous false and differing versions of the supposed falsely claimed blame. What's your version again, I've Googled extensively and I get nothing if that saves you time with explaining your false claim.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: Sat 22 Sep 2018 12:44am

If you totally missed the late season direct blame and implication from Saints senior management that the players were the reason for the dismal season and by extension, senior management wasn’t, then ok, so you missed it. Me and it appears a few others, didn’t. Looks like Terry Wallace didn’t miss it either as per article above. Whatever. It was a miserable season and there’s been zero accountability for it from those who actually are accountable.
Miserable season or not, does a man deserve to have his character smeared by invisible snipers attacking his character behind a keboard with completely false claims. You still haven't been able to produce evidence where Richo blamed the players and what he blamed them of. It didn't happen and the really sad part is you can't admit it which says more about your character. Does it make you feel tough to make false claims about someone else that can't defend themselves?
FFS mate, you’re off on your own crusade here. Like I said, up to you. You posted Richardson is a great leader, I asked what evidence that’s based on and you haven’t posted anything at all to back up your claim....but I’m not making judgements about who you are as a human being based on it. I think the players were blamed, you don’t....#they’re opinions on a footy forum.....

spert
Saintsational Legend

When a club has a bad season (plus half of last season), everyone needs to have the finger pointed at them- from the top down. Richo seems to be evading the blowtorch, but he is one big part of the failure, and I know he is not highly regarded by his peers, so why the hell is the club persisting with him? money I guess....

older saint
SS Life Member

Cairnsman wrote: Thu 20 Sep 2018 10:13pm
bigred wrote: Thu 20 Sep 2018 9:34pm

Judge for yourself. I pretty much think his message was that we have all the tools.... Time to build the house.

He is a genuine guy.
Clearly the the OP has not demonstrated actively listening and as such has heard incorrectly. Active listening, Google it to learn how.
or alternatively as stated i heard an extract on the radio, .. detailed reading

Might be a genuine guy, never questioned , but i would prefer an arsehole who is a good coach