ITK's?????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Re: ITK's?????

Spinner wrote: Sat 27 Oct 2018 10:07am
dragit wrote: Fri 26 Oct 2018 5:20pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 26 Oct 2018 5:05pm Shiel's manager said all 4 clubs were outstanding in their presentation to Shiel and himself, and were all super professional. His words.

Shield still hadn't made his mind up or ruled anyone out until the day he chose Essendon.
Are you really that naive to believe the word of a players manager talking about a clubs professionalism, on the record?

That's a stretch, even for you.

Exactly. Why would any player say otherwise. Unprofessional to do so.

Laughable that this is used as 'evidence'.
Fact is we have no idea either way whether Shiel considered offer or not and there is no way player or manager would comment negatively.

It is reported Shiel took much less than we offered to go to the Bombers, who knows?

I’d think our ladder position and questions surrounding coach in media most likely played a significant part in not choosing saints and the chance of playing finals and playing Anzac Day and in front of big crowds would have been a massive draw for Bombers.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Fact is we are all guessing.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

I'd like to think that if Lethlean, Gallagher, Riewoldt and Hannebery were all involved then it was professional overall. These guys are clearly no amateurs.

It w also a very good learning expierence for Lethlean and Gallagher for next post season. Gubby Allan will be the icing on the cake. I'm personally excited about it now.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Aussie Jonestown
Club Player

saynta wrote: Fri 26 Oct 2018 4:12pm
Sainternist wrote: Fri 26 Oct 2018 3:09pm Well, one so-called ITK forumite said the club the was a laughing stock. So much for that guy bringing the forum any insight.

Yep.

Disgraced himself afaic.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

ST KILDA concedes it didn't know the full extent of prized recruit Dan Hannebery's struggles with his body when it traded for him.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

Rubbish. He was wrong to say that. Dead wrong.
wrong to say it
is different to
what he said was wrong

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

The fact is that ITKs are judged based on what they provide to the forum...

Based on their contributions over the years, Tony and Jax are/were the two standouts here that ppl took the most notice of.

There have been a plethora of others that have come and gone and many many more that claim this that and the other but haven’t been credible in their claims over a long term.

It’s a tough forum to be an ITK IMO. There seems to be this big emphasis on provide your source, why didn’t you know this etc. Given that we’re all posting under nicknames it’s a bit ridiculous for mine. I could say I’m Lazer Vidovic but how would know?
People post what they post and you either believe them or don’t... shouldn’t be more complicated then that.

Both Tony and Jax have gotten way too much abuse around here for just posting what they hear and the odd opinion

stonecold
SS Life Member

skeptic wrote: Mon 29 Oct 2018 11:03pm The fact is that ITKs are judged based on what they provide to the forum...

Based on their contributions over the years, Tony and Jax are/were the two standouts here that ppl took the most notice of.

There have been a plethora of others that have come and gone and many many more that claim this that and the other but haven’t been credible in their claims over a long term.

It’s a tough forum to be an ITK IMO. There seems to be this big emphasis on provide your source, why didn’t you know this etc. Given that we’re all posting under nicknames it’s a bit ridiculous for mine. I could say I’m Lazer Vidovic but how would know?
People post what they post and you either believe them or don’t... shouldn’t be more complicated then that.

Both Tony and Jax have gotten way too much abuse around here for just posting what they hear and the odd opinion
I wasn't having a go at them with this thread, just asking a simple question!!!!!

I would know if you were LV, cause I know for sure your not!!!!! ;)

Thanks for your thoughts all the same!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote: Mon 29 Oct 2018 11:39pm
skeptic wrote: Mon 29 Oct 2018 11:03pm The fact is that ITKs are judged based on what they provide to the forum...

I wasn't having a go at them with this thread, just asking a simple question!!!!!

I would know if you were LV, cause I know for sure your not!!!!! ;)

Thanks for your thoughts all the same!!!!!
Just so we’re clear SCSO, I didn’t mean to imply that you were have having a crack at the ITKs. I pbly should have picked a different example of a player... just thought LV was topical.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

they also dont / wouldn't get to 'use' the forum
as the regulars do

constrained by virtue of the position
they hold / we give them

(bit like the nods would experience)

tough gig

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

asiu wrote: Sat 27 Oct 2018 7:21pm
wrong to say it
is different to
what he said was wrong
Which again is 100% correct

Seeya
saynta
Saintsational Legend

And?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: Tue 30 Oct 2018 2:28pm
wrong to say it
is different to
what he said was wrong
And I'm still to see any public uttering from either Shiel, his management, his family, his friends or anybody to confirm Jaxons' assertion.

And quite frankly the source of Jaxons' assertion can only come from a very limited # of people.
Only those present at the actual presentation.
so for Jaxons to state what he did in the manner that he did means he was either:-
at the meeting
told by someone at the meeting

Now there is no way that anybody involved with the Club who was at the meeting would make such a statement (even if true) so that leaves me to suspect that if Jaxons was told this it was from somebody in the Shiel/Connors camp,
and if that is the case then it makes his other 'tidbits of information' over the years also being sourced from a 'manager' perspective rather than inside knowledge from the Club.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote: Tue 30 Oct 2018 3:14pm
sunsaint wrote: Tue 30 Oct 2018 2:28pm
wrong to say it
is different to
what he said was wrong
And I'm still to see any public uttering from either Shiel, his management, his family, his friends or anybody to confirm Jaxons' assertion.

And quite frankly the source of Jaxons' assertion can only come from a very limited # of people.
Only those present at the actual presentation.
so for Jaxons to state what he did in the manner that he did means he was either:-
at the meeting
told by someone at the meeting

Now there is no way that anybody involved with the Club who was at the meeting would make such a statement (even if true) so that leaves me to suspect that if Jaxons was told this it was from somebody in the Shiel/Connors camp,
and if that is the case then it makes his other 'tidbits of information' over the years also being sourced from a 'manager' perspective rather than inside knowledge from the Club.

Or he just made it up.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

But what's his/her motive for posting it?
I haven't checked his/her posting history but does he/she normally post critical stuff rather than complimentary stuff about the Club?
I just find it really strange that those associated with the 'presentation' (including Lethlean and apparently Roo) would have been collectively so inept that the 'presentation' was 'laughable' and 'amateurish'.
And at the same time it is widely reported that we offered the most money of any of Shiel's suitors.
I just cannot believe that however incompetent we believe some of our admin staff have been that we're not capable of 'presenting' a coherent and cogent case to back up a multi million dollar offer.

IMHO, in this instance Jaxons was posting from the prospective player's management perspective and maybe laying a foundation as to why he wouldn't be accepting our (the largest) offer.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote: Tue 30 Oct 2018 4:19pm But what's his/her motive for posting it?
I haven't checked his/her posting history but does he/she normally post critical stuff rather than complimentary stuff about the Club?
I just find it really strange that those associated with the 'presentation' (including Lethlean and apparently Roo) would have been collectively so inept that the 'presentation' was 'laughable' and 'amateurish'.
And at the same time it is widely reported that we offered the most money of any of Shiel's suitors.
I just cannot believe that however incompetent we believe some of our admin staff have been that we're not capable of 'presenting' a coherent and cogent case to back up a multi million dollar offer.

IMHO, in this instance Jaxons was posting from the prospective player's management perspective and maybe laying a foundation as to why he wouldn't be accepting our (the largest) offer.

Was usually positive up until about 12 months or so again. Bagging the club out became more the norm in recent months.

Someone or something must have got his goat.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

saynta wrote: Tue 30 Oct 2018 4:31pm Was usually positive up until about 12 months or so again. Bagging the club out became more the norm in recent months.

Someone or something must have got his goat.
Hey Saynta
do you think perhaps that
his posts
and our onfield performances & rumours
sort of mirrored each other?

Seeya
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Still nothing posted showing any public utterings by anybody involved (or told by anybody involved) in the presentation to back up Jaxons' disgraceful (IMHO) assertion of what transpired.

Again IMHO, his post on this matter was nothing more than a 'cheap shot' designed to denigrate the Club and those individuals involved in making the 'presentation'.

If he truly is an 'insider' from the Club then I really struggle with what his motivation was.
With all this silence I'm leaning towards him not actually being involve with the Club but on the periphery of it - player management maybe.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Mr Magic wrote: Fri 02 Nov 2018 5:13pm Still nothing posted showing any public utterings by anybody involved (or told by anybody involved) in the presentation to back up Jaxons' disgraceful (IMHO) assertion of what transpired.

Again IMHO, his post on this matter was nothing more than a 'cheap shot' designed to denigrate the Club and those individuals involved in making the 'presentation'.

If he truly is an 'insider' from the Club then I really struggle with what his motivation was.
With all this silence I'm leaning towards him not actually being involve with the Club but on the periphery of it - player management maybe.
or was an itk but now on the outer?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

freely wrote: Fri 02 Nov 2018 5:23pm
Mr Magic wrote: Fri 02 Nov 2018 5:13pm Still nothing posted showing any public utterings by anybody involved (or told by anybody involved) in the presentation to back up Jaxons' disgraceful (IMHO) assertion of what transpired.

or was an itk but now on the outer?
No, I don't read it like that on this occasion.
This particular post was so denigrating towards the club/people involved that it could not possibly have come from anybody with a St Kilda perspective.

It can only have come (again IMHO) from someone either at the meeting from the Shiel camp (or told by someone from the Shiel camp)
or
somebody just trying to create mischief by posting a comment that is easily disproved.

Let me pose this question.:-
if the Club's presentation was so bad does anybody believe that not one of the scores of journalists working at that time wouldn't have gotten wind of the story and run with it?
Beggars belief IMHO

BTW I continue to use IMHO because I have no actual knowledge on this matter only an opinion.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Maybe Dylan was told he would be a senior leader, focus of the 2019 season promotion and that he would need to be able to get a visa to enter China. One or more of those things might have freaked him out. Perhaps he has played up badly in Sydney's Chinatown and there is a file and/or he is shy. Just wants good dough and likkle responsibility. And Essendon assured him there would be no Goddard to nag nag nag.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Fri 02 Nov 2018 5:54pm Maybe Dylan was told he would be a senior leader, focus of the 2019 season promotion and that he would need to be able to get a visa to enter China. One or more of those things might have freaked him out. Perhaps he has played up badly in Sydney's Chinatown and there is a file and/or he is shy. Just wants good dough and likkle responsibility. And Essendon assured him there would be no Goddard to nag nag nag.

Maybe, but that doesn't fit the narrative of Jaxons post and the defence of his post on here.
I've got no issue with Shiel making whatever decision he made - it's his right to do so.
What's 'annoyed' me is the 'picture' portrayed by Jaxons of the reason why he chose not to entertain our offer and the treatment of that 'picture' by some as 'gospel'.
it just seems to me that there are posters who will accept any tidbits as true as long as they are negative/critical of our Club.
Our Club does plenty wrong but, again IMHO. it doesn't need additional 'made up crap' to cast it in an even further bad light.
If Jaxons was a supporter of another club and made this same allegation he would be howled down for it on here.
BUT because some believe he is a Saint supporting ITK his information is accepted by some as true.

Can somebody please remind me if his 'information' in the past has been on anything other than trade/list matters?
If not then he might very well be connected to a player manager and be getting his information about us from there, rather than being a genuine Saints iTK?

stonecold
SS Life Member

Mr Magic wrote: Fri 02 Nov 2018 9:36pm
Yorkeys wrote: Fri 02 Nov 2018 5:54pm Maybe Dylan was told he would be a senior leader, focus of the 2019 season promotion and that he would need to be able to get a visa to enter China. One or more of those things might have freaked him out. Perhaps he has played up badly in Sydney's Chinatown and there is a file and/or he is shy. Just wants good dough and likkle responsibility. And Essendon assured him there would be no Goddard to nag nag nag.

Maybe, but that doesn't fit the narrative of Jaxons post and the defence of his post on here.
I've got no issue with Shiel making whatever decision he made - it's his right to do so.
What's 'annoyed' me is the 'picture' portrayed by Jaxons of the reason why he chose not to entertain our offer and the treatment of that 'picture' by some as 'gospel'.
it just seems to me that there are posters who will accept any tidbits as true as long as they are negative/critical of our Club.
Our Club does plenty wrong but, again IMHO. it doesn't need additional 'made up crap' to cast it in an even further bad light.
If Jaxons was a supporter of another club and made this same allegation he would be howled down for it on here.
BUT because some believe he is a Saint supporting ITK his information is accepted by some as true.

Can somebody please remind me if his 'information' in the past has been on anything other than trade/list matters?
If not then he might very well be connected to a player manager and be getting his information about us from there, rather than being a genuine Saints iTK?
Your spot on!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
dragit
Saintsational Legend

I don't think anyone has taken his account as gospel, but I can imagine some truth in what he is saying.

With regards to his mail, go and have a look for yourself if you are interested, just lazy asking for others to prove his value... he's clearly a passionate saint with some inside connection in the past.

Shiel didn't come, the reasons would probably be many clearly... premiership prospects and our pitch would be pretty likely factors surely.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote: Fri 02 Nov 2018 11:32pm

I don't think anyone has taken his account as gospel, but I can imagine some truth in what he is saying.

With regards to his mail, go and have a look for yourself if you are interested, just lazy asking for others to prove his value... he's clearly a passionate saint with some inside connection in the past.

Shiel didn't come, the reasons would probably be many clearly... premiership prospects and our pitch would be pretty likely factors surely.
Sorry, I find that rubbish.
That's the point I've been trying to make 9obviously not very well)
Jaxons, a supposed ITK, makes an outrageous comment about our Club (in my opinion) and it's 'accepted' on here because some posters on here revel in any bad news about our Club, no matter how far-fetched it is.
Seriously, our presentation to Shiel was such a joke that he immediately dismissed us as a prospect.
Think about it,
That bad and nobody in the media picked up on it
One of the biggest stories at that time (Shiel interviewing clubs) and no journo managed to pick up this story?
Beggars belief that would happen.
My conclusion is that it didn't happen.
Why are you (and others) so convinced that it did happen?

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Jaxons clearly was an ITK.

But around the time he reported Williams was getting the coaching gig, things seemed to turn sour.

Richo getting the job seemed to agitate him. His posting suggested that he was filthy with Finnis for that decision itself and/or being blindsided by it.

The angst toward Finnis and the club seemed to start at that point.

The posting then seemed to go from first hand knowledge, to second or third hand. It gave me the impression that Jaxons was no longer directly involved at the club, or his/her source wasn't.

That's just my take on it. Either way, jaxons' input on this site was outstanding. However now that the goss doesn't appear to be first hand, and has a real whiff of resentment to it (particularly toward Finnis) I don't find it quite as interesting.

Still love the input, but I take it more as merely someone's opinion, as opposed to interesting ITK stuff.