Frees. For and Against.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Frees. For and Against.

"Of course, umpires can be biased, but probably more subconsciously. They all grew up barracking for a team, had some teams the quite liked and some they downright hated (like us!). They have their favourite players and players they dislike. "

Said that on here myself more than once, GSG. Baker and Milne were two good examples of your last statement. Neither could buy a free and the one not paid to Baker in 2009 when the Geelong player pulled his jumper over his head, probably cost us a grand final or at least contributed to our close loss.

Then again there is down right cheating to effect a result like the whispers in the sky match.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

So Jack Steele is chasing the ball to the boundary.
He has his jumper tugged. Play on.
He gets pushed in the back. Play on.
He tries to gather the ball but it gets kicked out of his hands and out on the full. Deliberate free against him.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:Ask Suns supporters what they thought of the umpiring in the last few minutes when the game was on the line.

But of course those supporters would be wrong...

:roll:
That depends on what they say.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: Mon 25 Mar 2019 7:03pm So Jack Steele is chasing the ball to the boundary.
He tries to gather the ball but it gets kicked out of his hands and out on the full. Deliberate free against him.
That was simply extraordinary.

barneyboyz
Club Player

kosifantutti wrote: Mon 25 Mar 2019 7:03pm So Jack Steele is chasing the ball to the boundary.
I fully understand the difficulties in umpiring, however if you take the praccy games into account, how many 'pushes in the back' to our players that were obviously 'pushes in the back', were missed? I saw at least 3 in the Roos game alone. But what really peeves me the most, is when 5 seconds later a free is paid against! I'm not complaining about us giving an obviously free kick away, I just want the same ones paid for us, that's not too much to ask for, is it?

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink: