Marshall

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Marshall

Moods wrote: Sun 31 Mar 2019 4:30pm
stonecold wrote: Sun 31 Mar 2019 9:11am Your opinions, your intitlded to them, let's see what the 'real experts' do when Billy comes back and is fully fit!!!!!

Let's see who they agree with?????
Who are the ‘real experts’?

Gee I wish our club had experts
It’s a good line to put out there in lieu of being able to actually rationalise or justify a view

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
SuperDuper wrote: Sun 31 Mar 2019 11:06am i recon Marshall is similar type to Hickey but better.. and i think Hickey is decent

it would have been a waste to have both on the list so good trading really..

Hickey went alright on the weekend. Robbo had this to say in tomorrow's herald sun/

"7 TOM HICKEY

Who needs Nic Nat when Hickey plays the kind of football he did on Saturday night?

Coming off a “mare” in Round 1 — he had two disposals against Brisbane — Hickey responded with 18 disposals and 135 SuperCoach points. What he did, and which Nic Nat doesn’t enough, is command the air around the ground. West Coast won the contested-mark count 20-8 and Hickey took five of them. Saints fans may well ask where that form was for five years."
5 contested marks!

Longer zero from five games last year.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

SuperDuper wrote: Sun 31 Mar 2019 11:06am i recon Marshall is similar type to Hickey but better.. and i think Hickey is decent

It was indeed good trading .... until we used the Hickey pick on Hanneberry. At this point - that's not looking like such good trading.

Go you red, black & white warriors
stonecold
SS Life Member

kosifantutti wrote: Mon 01 Apr 2019 11:43am
saynta wrote:

Hickey went alright on the weekend. Robbo had this to say in tomorrow's herald sun/

"7 TOM HICKEY

Who needs Nic Nat when Hickey plays the kind of football he did on Saturday night?

Coming off a “mare” in Round 1 — he had two disposals against Brisbane — Hickey responded with 18 disposals and 135 SuperCoach points. What he did, and which Nic Nat doesn’t enough, is command the air around the ground. West Coast won the contested-mark count 20-8 and Hickey took five of them. Saints fans may well ask where that form was for five years."
5 contested marks!

Yeap, against the worst Ruck Combo in the comp, wow-wee!!!!! 📣

No comment on Hickledik's stinker last week I notice!!!!! 🔕

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Marshall is getting talked up as the next big thing. This kid will only get better once he gets 50 games under his belt.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote: Mon 01 Apr 2019 3:14pm
saynta wrote:

"7 TOM HICKEY

5 contested marks!

You need to reread the post. "Coming off a “mare” in Round 1 — he had two disposals against Brisbane "

stonecold
SS Life Member

saynta wrote: Mon 01 Apr 2019 3:58pm
saynta wrote:

"7 TOM HICKEY

5 contested marks!

You need to reread the post. "Coming off a “mare” in Round 1 — he had two disposals against Brisbane "
Quite aware of all that, Kosi didn't refer to that though did he?????

Don't think I need to re-read, I was not referring to the either the author of the article or the poster of the article, just the responder who decided to ignore all facts!!!!!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote: Mon 01 Apr 2019 4:23pm
saynta wrote: Mon 01 Apr 2019 3:58pm
saynta wrote:

"7 TOM HICKEY

Coming off a “mare” in Round 1 — he had two disposals against Brisbane — Hickey responded with 18 disposals and 135 SuperCoach points. What he did, and which Nic Nat doesn’t enough, is command the air around the ground. West Coast won the contested-mark count 20-8 and Hickey too :D k five of them. Saints fans may well ask where that form was for five years."
5 contested marks!

Quite aware of all that, Kosi didn't refer to that though did he?????

Don't think I need to re-read, I was not referring to the either the author of the article or the poster of the article, just the responder who decided to ignore all facts!!!!!
👍👍. :D

Trixilver
Club Player

I would have kept Hickey over Longer but that's just me. Hickey had played some stinkers for us.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

SemperFidelis wrote: Sun 31 Mar 2019 10:11am He is a beauty. He should be in the team every week unless there’s a good reason why not.

But I don’t want him as first ruck. We look too short (imagine us against the Weagles, as just one example). But we seem to be allergic to playing two talls and it drives me nuts.

Marshall is at his best around the ground, especially in the forward half, but also gives massive support on the wing and down back where we can be undersized.

If we would use Marshall like this it could be a great battle between Longer and Pierce for the #1 spot.
Let's not introduce Josh Battle into this debate - it will only muddy the waters further.....!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
stonecold
SS Life Member

Trixilver wrote: Mon 01 Apr 2019 6:51pm I would have kept Hickey over Longer but that's just me. Hickey had played some stinkers for us.
Not at $600k a year, that's my whole point!!!!!

Viscount Jeremiah
Club Player

Trixilver wrote: Mon 01 Apr 2019 6:51pm I would have kept Hickey over Longer but that's just me. Hickey had played some stinkers for us.
Problem was Longer has / had no market value

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

not sure if already mentioned
but 4 ruckman got over 100 AFL Fantasy Points on the weekend.

Gawn, Grundy, Marshall, and Hickey !!!
So Marshall is up there at the moment as one of the best ruckmen
Hickey somehow got over 100, not sure how they worked it out though

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Reckon we've traded away some handy rucks.

Marshall & Hickey would be a good combination.

Marshall & McEvoy would be good.

Even Marshall & Rhys Stanley would be very handy.

But Longer is one-dimensional, no value up forward and not around the ground.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:

"7 TOM HICKEY

5 contested marks!

Hickey was poor last week.

But if Longer can’t take a contested mark in five games, he doesn’t look like the solution.

Maybe in 6-6-6 land Longer has a role, but my concern is when there’s only 4 players around the ball and one can’t play at all, he’ll be an even bigger liability.

I just hope if he gets a game he can put it down the throat of Ross, Steven, Gresham etc. every time.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

kosifantutti wrote: Mon 01 Apr 2019 10:13pmBut if Longer can’t take a contested mark in five games, he doesn’t look like the solution.
Sure, Billy Longer may not have taken a contested mark in five games. He may have only taken five uncontested marks in those five games. He may have averaged 6 possessions and had only 2 more tackles for the season than Rowan Marshall had on Saturday. And, yeah, Billy Longer might have lost the hitouts in every AFL game he played last year. But if you can't see the obvious value Billy Longer provides over Tomothy Hickford, then something something ruck experts. Several exclamation points. Rix Rox Rux.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote: Mon 01 Apr 2019 11:34pm
kosifantutti wrote: Mon 01 Apr 2019 10:13pmBut if Longer can’t take a contested mark in five games, he doesn’t look like the solution.
Sure, Billy Longer may not have taken a contested mark in five games. He may have only taken five uncontested marks in those five games. He may have averaged 6 possessions and had only 2 more tackles for the season than Rowan Marshall had on Saturday. And, yeah, Billy Longer might have lost the hitouts in every AFL game he played last year. But if you can't see the obvious value Billy Longer provides over Tomothy Hickford, then something something ruck experts. Several exclamation points. Rix Rox Rux.
:lol: :lol:

It’s the blocking... elite level blocking.
Like ‘I’m the oppositions best mid, I’m going to go this way... oh no Billy Longer is standing there. We lost by 12 goals’.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

skeptic wrote: Mon 01 Apr 2019 11:38pmIt’s the blocking... elite level blocking.
That reminds me of when Ross Lyon complimented Kosi by talking about how great he was at filling space.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
stonecold
SS Life Member

kosifantutti wrote: Mon 01 Apr 2019 10:13pm
saynta wrote:

"7 TOM HICKEY

5 contested marks!

But if Longer can’t take a contested mark in five games, he doesn’t look like the solution.

Maybe in 6-6-6 land Longer has a role, but my concern is when there’s only 4 players around the ball and one can’t play at all, he’ll be an even bigger liability.

I just hope if he gets a game he can put it down the throat of Ross, Steven, Gresham etc. every time.
Thanks for noting Hickledik's poor game last week, as I have stated many times before, if Billy can't step up this season, it will be all over for him, same with Pierce!!!!!

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote: Mon 01 Apr 2019 11:34pm
Jack Newnes was on the Sunday Footy show and amongst the gifts he received was Rixx eyewear. He's everywhere.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Jacks Back wrote: Sun 31 Mar 2019 10:50pm It looked like Marshall injured his ankle during the game and got thru it with a jab. I hope he comes up this week.
Fighting fit

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote: Tue 02 Apr 2019 9:01am
saynta wrote:

"7 TOM HICKEY

5 contested marks!

Thanks for noting Hickledik's poor game last week, as I have stated many times before, if Billy can't step up this season, it will be all over for him, same with Pierce!!!!!
Round 8
Hickey v Longer
Two men enter, one man leaves.
Book it in :D

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
stonecold
SS Life Member

The_Dud wrote: Tue 02 Apr 2019 12:43pm
saynta wrote:

"7 TOM HICKEY

5 contested marks!

Round 8
Hickey v Longer
Hickledik will be either dropped or injured by then and who know's Billy might not be playing!!!!!

Not as simple as one contest, cause if that was the case, Billy has already won it several times over at training and wasn't traded out!!!!! ;)

Hickledik was not required at the Saints, thus traded out, game over!!!!!

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote: Tue 02 Apr 2019 12:48pm
saynta wrote:

"7 TOM HICKEY

5 contested marks!

Round 8
Hickey v Longer
Hickledik will be either dropped or injured by then and who know's Billy might not be playing!!!!!

Not as simple as one contest, cause if that was the case, Billy has already won it several times over at training and wasn't traded out!!!!! ;)

39 days, 7 hours, 28 minutes.

Sounds to me like you’re a bit scared for your boy :wink:

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
stonecold
SS Life Member

The_Dud wrote: Tue 02 Apr 2019 12:58pm
stonecold wrote: Tue 02 Apr 2019 12:48pm
saynta wrote:

"7 TOM HICKEY

5 contested marks!

Round 8
Hickey v Longer

39 days, 7 hours, 28 minutes.

Sounds to me like you’re a bit scared for your boy :wink:
My lad has already won, as stated, Game Over, your boy is no Longer a Saint!!!!!

All the best to you and Hickledik at the Eagles mate!!!!!

He's just keeping the seat warm for NicNat!!!!! ;)