Richo safe as houses

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Re: Richo safe as houses

Alan looks a changed man this year.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 05 Apr 2019 1:36pm Alan looks a changed man this year.
Small sample size.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

You're allowed to admit Alan has coached well this year.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 05 Apr 2019 1:38pm You're allowed to admit Alan has coached well this year.
May I ask exactly what coaching change was made to see us totally embarrass an inept Essendon last week in the first half
Only to sée the game swing totally to see efc to close within a kick in the last half
Could you pass on a message to him to cut it out

Seeya
stonecold
SS Life Member

sunsaint wrote: Fri 05 Apr 2019 2:39pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 05 Apr 2019 1:38pm You're allowed to admit Alan has coached well this year.
May I ask exactly what coaching change was made to see us totally embarrass an inept Essendon last week in the first half
Only to sée the game swing totally to see efc to close within a kick in the last half
Could you pass on a message to him to cut it out
C'mon TeddyBoy, that ain't gonna happen!!!!!

That would require certain posters on here swallowing 'Humble Pie', no chance!!!!!

We could win the flag and according to 'some', Richo would still be s***!!!!!

It would all be because of 'Ratt's', save your energy TeddyBoy, they ain't listening mate!!!!! ;)

Once an armchair, always an armchair, never a recliner!!!!! ;)

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

care to discuss the answer
instead of taking personal insulting pot shots at other posters ?????????????????

Seeya
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

2 JLT wins. 2 home and away wins. Pretty good record in my opinion.

I reckon the Saints are being better coached based on what I've seen. I'm tipping Alan has improved and changed his style and Ratts and Ladey have helped things too.

Total = 1.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

If you’re satisfied with the quality of footy that we dished up in the first two rounds, then I’m not surprised you’re happy with a coach that has a 33% winning record in 5 seasons.

If all the improvements are coming from Ratten and Lade, why do we need Richo?

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

I'm talking about 2019 form Dudley.

If you hate Alan so much, why do you have a photo of him in your signature thing? Just curious.

I think you focus on Alan Richardson too much.

Total = 1.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Fri 05 Apr 2019 1:37pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 05 Apr 2019 1:36pm Alan looks a changed man this year.
Small sample size.
Why is everyone parroting Chris Scott about sample sizes?

Ask Richmond about sample sizes and tail events last year.

Statistics 101

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 05 Apr 2019 7:01pm I'm talking about 2019 form Dudley.

If you hate Alan so much, why do you have a photo of him in your signature thing? Just curious.

I think you focus on Alan Richardson too much.
He’s in a pretty significant role at the club, so he deserves a lot of focus.

I have a photo of Richo there for the same reason I used to have a photo of R Clarke there.

I was 100% behind Richo until he served up the same rubbish in 2018 that we saw in 2017.

Can I ask why you’re so confident in Richo, who has such a terrible track record, the worst winning percentage in the history of the AFL for coaches with more than 100 games?

stonecold
SS Life Member

sunsaint wrote: Fri 05 Apr 2019 3:09pm care to discuss the answer
instead of taking personal insulting pot shots at other posters ?????????????????
No thanks!!!!!

Not directed at any one poster, however if your insulted that's up to you!!!!!

PS, it's still not a recliner TeddyBoy!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Still too way too much attention focused on Alan. Let's worry about winning footy games.

Imagine if we go 3-0. The anti Richo brigade will go nuclear like the House of Saud!!! 💥💥💥

Total = 1.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 05 Apr 2019 8:59pm Still too way too much attention focused on Alan. Let's worry about winning footy games.

Imagine if we go 3-0. The anti Richo brigade will go nuclear like the House of Saud!!! 💥💥💥
Just avoiding the tough questions Ted?

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Not avoiding anything. Alan is a good coach and is coaching well this year. He seems a bit of a changed man.

Total = 1.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 05 Apr 2019 11:38pm Not avoiding anything. Alan is a good coach and is coaching well this year. He seems a bit of a changed man.
What makes you think he is a good coach, considering the evidence - his terrible coaching record?

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Forget the coaching record for a second. Its been gone over a hundred times all that stuff.

How do you know he can't coach or is terrible?
Have you ever coached a footy side?
In your eyes, why can't he become a better coach from now on?

Just normal questions.
Plus Rd 6 is looking pretty dodgy. 😊

Total = 1.
twirlyhair
Club Player

I think it is ludicrous for those on the outside to think they would have any idea as to how a man is or how he coaches. Smacks of arrogance to suggest you could possibly know. Fair enough to look at win loss records however, and the whole footy world knows that based on that, Richo will not survive if he has another season like last season. But surely, all real supporters want Richo to stay, for if he does, then our beloved team must be going much better.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

twirlyhair wrote: Sat 06 Apr 2019 12:36am I think it is ludicrous for those on the outside to think they would have any idea as to how a man is or how he coaches. Smacks of arrogance to suggest you could possibly know. Fair enough to look at win loss records however, and the whole footy world knows that based on that, Richo will not survive if he has another season like last season. But surely, all real supporters want Richo to stay, for if he does, then our beloved team must be going much better.
Agree twirly.

We have no idea how the coach is performing and communicating internally.

As the dud rightly references Alan had been in the role 5 years with a win ration if 33%.

In a ruthless results based industry it is hard to fathom that he could be deemed a good coach based on win/loss record, however he has retained his job so perhaps internally he is rated.

I don’t subscribe to the we lost he coached poorly this week or we won gee he’s coaching well. I think as a supporter you can only look at the patterns to assess.

Are they improving?
Are they playing with passion and for each other?
Is the game style and match ups competitive?
Are the young players developing?
Is the team consistently competitive?

Very happy with the start to 2019 as we have already have 1/3 rd of the total season wins I predicted, but it’s not time to prematurely evaluate and extend Richos contract again.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 06 Apr 2019 6:47am
twirlyhair wrote: Sat 06 Apr 2019 12:36am I think it is ludicrous for those on the outside to think they would have any idea as to how a man is or how he coaches. Smacks of arrogance to suggest you could possibly know. Fair enough to look at win loss records however, and the whole footy world knows that based on that, Richo will not survive if he has another season like last season. But surely, all real supporters want Richo to stay, for if he does, then our beloved team must be going much better.
Agree twirly.

We have no idea how the coach is performing and communicating internally.

As the dud rightly references Alan had been in the role 5 years with a win ration if 33%.

In a ruthless results based industry it is hard to fathom that he could be deemed a good coach based on win/loss record, however he has retained his job so perhaps internally he is rated.

I don’t subscribe to the we lost he coached poorly this week or we won gee he’s coaching well. I think as a supporter you can only look at the patterns to assess.

Are they improving?
Are they playing with passion and for each other?
Is the game style and match ups competitive?
Are the young players developing?
Is the team consistently competitive?

Very happy with the start to 2019 as we have already have 1/3 rd of the total season wins I predicted, but it’s not time to prematurely evaluate and extend Richos contract again.
I’ll add to that...
Is the list shaping up nice and balanced?
Are players being picked on a reasonably tangible/understandable basis?
Are they in the right positions?
Are we playing players that are hampered by injury?
Are we recruiting/trading in the right type of players ditto the ones we get rid rid of

All reasonably observable from the outside IMO though isolated decisions are worthy of the benefit of the doubt

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

If we have a good year then Alan will probably stay on. Maybe Simon Lethlean has something planned though. Its to early to say what happens but if you don't wish him success, then you aren't behind the club and playing group as a real supporter.

Total = 1.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 05 Apr 2019 11:51pm Forget the coaching record for a second. Its been gone over a hundred times all that stuff.

How do you know he can't coach or is terrible?
Have you ever coached a footy side?
In your eyes, why can't he become a better coach from now on?

Just normal questions.
Plus Rd 6 is looking pretty dodgy. 😊
What do you mean forget about his record? That’s like saying I can run as fast as Usain Bolt, just forget about our records :roll:

He’s now had 6 drafts and 6 trade periods to build his team, it’s not like he’s been handed someone else team to coach, he’s had enough time to build the team he wants. In 2014 we finished with 4 wins, in 2018 we finished with 4.5 wins. That says enough in my eyes.

I would love him to succeed this year and take us to a premiership, just like I did for Watters, and Lyon, and Thomas, and Blight, and Watson, and Alves. But all the data and evidence says this isn’t going to happen. By your reasoning Watson should still be coaching us...

Like I asked previously, if Ratten and Lade are making all the difference the year, why do we need Richo? I put it to you that the sole reason Richo is still at the club is because we can’t afford to pay him out, which is a whole new level of incompetence from the club...

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I’ll throw a few reasons in there. To date, my concerns centre around:
- Poor list balance. Three rucks, a thousand HBF, nil ready made fast mids with good disposal traded in
- Investing a heap into players at the cost of youth to only then cast out said player... Hickey, Weller (poor planning)
- preference for playing injured players at the expense of others... Weller, Longer
- Playing Bruce in the ruck for the 3rd year... on the background of Paddy, Acres, Gilbert and Steele playing their too

These are things that are specifically related to the coach

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Fact is. Alan is the coach and will most definitely see the year out. He has had a good year so far. Over to you Alan.

Total = 1.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

another fact is Richo was coach in 2018
another fact is in rnd 1 we beat a team below us in 2018
another fact is in rnd 2 we beat the bottom team in 2019

another fact is both of those teams won their following matches - so you could say we ran them into good form....
real facts are fun

Seeya