Has there been anyone more St kilda than Grant Thomas.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Has there been anyone more St kilda than Grant Thomas.

Joffa Burns wrote: Wed 12 Jun 2019 6:31pm
saynta wrote: Wed 12 Jun 2019 6:16pm Injuries before and during the game killed us in that prelim final agadinst the swans coupled wih flogs like Guerra not trying.

If Grant was not hog tied and then fired by a coke headed tosser of a president, I'm certain that eventually, he would have won us a flag or two. .
There are always reasons and excuses.

You have been following the saints a long time, have you ever seen a better list that that in 04 - 05?

No. That was our best list bar none.
Yep.I have followed them for 70 odd years. Can still remember players like Paul Dodds, Keith,Drinan,Les Foote,,Billy Young, Brian Gleeson, Peter Bennett, and Jimmy Ross.

Incidentally, I ran into Ross years later when he had the pub in Longford Tasmania. I was a pit marshall at the Lonford GP in the mid 60's, the year Rocky Tresize was killed. 1965, from memory. We operated out of the pub, or more correctly congregated there before and after the race. He was a friend of my fathers. Nice bloke who left the saints too early.

Rocky was killed , along with a photographer right in front of my eyes. Shocking. I can still see the accident unfold.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

BarryGrogan wrote: Mon 10 Jun 2019 7:21pm
happy feet wrote: Sun 09 Jun 2019 10:43pm Ian Drake
George Huggins
Allan Jeans
Alan Killigrew
Barry Breen
Trevor Barker
Nick Riewoldt

I loved Thommo as coach but massive error of judgement to take a loan from Butterrs.
Why?

Sounds like he did pretty well out of it.
Well yes GT did.

But the bad blood caused by GT not wanting to repay it caused the Saints to fracture.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
BarryGrogan
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote: Wed 12 Jun 2019 8:53pm
George Huggins
Allan Jeans
Alan Killigrew
Barry Breen
Trevor Barker
Nick Riewoldt

I loved Thommo as coach but massive error of judgement to take a loan from Butterrs.
Why?

Well yes GT did.

But the bad blood caused by GT not wanting to repay it caused the Saints to fracture.
The bad blood came when Butterss ditched his missus, whom the Thomas' were very close with. Not to mention they frowned upon it cause it was drug fuelled.

The loan being paid back wasn't in doubt - it was whether it was interest free or not that was in dispute.

But regardless, I was bring facetious.

Rubyjo
Club Player

Teflon wrote: Mon 10 Jun 2019 11:30pm
Rubyjo wrote: Mon 10 Jun 2019 1:11pm
Teflon wrote: Sun 09 Jun 2019 11:54pm Thread title needs a change:

Has There Been Anyone More Grant Thomas Than....Grant Thomas?

Nup.

Mods please lock dumb threads.
Look its just a thread not dumb just scroll on bye no need to comment old timer.
Look I think it’s dumb
It’s just an opinion on a forum....don’t like it? Scroll on by young whipper snapper...
It's got legs stop being boring old farts.. It's not dumb.. Saintsational is just a place for washed up old dissapointed men.. Where is sainter k..? Drove her away with old white men misogyny...for this place to survive we need new threads dumb or not.. It's not up to Teflon and skeptic to throw their depressive opinion over us all.. Gfys

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

BarryGrogan wrote: Wed 12 Jun 2019 9:26pm
saintsRrising wrote: Wed 12 Jun 2019 8:53pm
George Huggins
Allan Jeans
Alan Killigrew
Barry Breen
Trevor Barker
Nick Riewoldt

Why?

Well yes GT did.

The bad blood came when Butterss ditched his missus, whom the Thomas' were very close with. Not to mention they frowned upon it cause it was drug fuelled.

The loan being paid back wasn't in doubt - it was whether it was interest free or not that was in dispute.

But regardless, I was bring facetious.
So in essence you are agreeing that GT allowed personal issues and views to get in the way of his role at the club.

As did Buttress and as did Waldron.

This was/is the problem and is also why none of them should return.

Self before club never ends well for the club.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
freely
SS Hall of Fame

Why don't I remember penny?

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Rubyjo wrote: Wed 12 Jun 2019 9:38pm

Nup.

Look its just a thread not dumb just scroll on bye no need to comment old timer.
Look I think it’s dumb
It’s just an opinion on a forum....don’t like it? Scroll on by young whipper snapper...
It's got legs stop being boring old farts.. It's not dumb.. Saintsational is just a place for washed up old dissapointed men.. Where is sainter k..? Drove her away with old white men misogyny...for this place to survive we need new threads dumb or not.. It's not up to Teflon and skeptic to throw their depressive opinion over us all.. Gfys
If anything, the forum is being taken over by moralist crusaders who keep preaching a “speak no evil” policy about the club or any of its officials, especially at a time when the quality of the administration is very much open to debate.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
HighettMan
Club Player

Nup.

Look I think it’s dumb
Relentless depressive opinions should be banned.

Make your point and move on, but don't bang on about the same boring crap for years.

Have the courage to call out r ACE ism
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

HighettMan wrote: Thu 13 Jun 2019 2:44pm

Nup.

Look I think it’s dumb

Make your point and move on, but don't bang on about the same boring crap for years.
I rest my case.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
HighettMan
Club Player

SydneySainter wrote: Thu 13 Jun 2019 2:57pm

Nup.

Look I think it’s dumb

I rest my case.
Your signature is a disgrace. Have you got daughters?

Crossy66
Club Player

HighettMan wrote: Thu 13 Jun 2019 4:18pm
SydneySainter wrote: Thu 13 Jun 2019 2:57pm

Nup.

Look I think it’s dumb

I rest my case.
Your signature is a disgrace. Have you got daughters?
Or values

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Nup.

Look I think it’s dumb
It hasn’t got legs it’s the same old boring cr@p your pissing and moaning about that’s been done to death on here for a decade or more (appreciate you’ve probably been around 5 minutes..)
Anyhoo that’s not the laughable point you make - the irony is you whinge about not driving people away from saintsational.....but then whinge cause you don’t like my point of view?. Read: “my” point of view.
Take your moral, pre pubescent crusade elsewhere if you don’t like my view don’t read it, don’t respond!
I’m tipping your side didn’t get up in the election either eh moral crusader???
BTW how would you know SS is all misogynistic old white men? Again, cause the place doesn’t conform to YOUR values?
Thanks dad.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Nup.

Look I think it’s dumb

Geezus another one.....
Relentless oppressive cause you don’t like it ??? Is that right?
Seriously leave your politically correct, moral lectures at your next Greens meeting bbq - this is a footy forum and people’s views of all types (that are not offensive) ought to be allowed.
Don’t like it don’t read it.

“Yeah….nah””
HighettMan
Club Player

Teflon wrote: Thu 13 Jun 2019 10:14pm

Nup.

Look I think it’s dumb

Geezus another one.....
Seriously leave your politically correct, moral lectures at your next Greens meeting bbq - this is a footy forum and people’s views of all types (that are not offensive) ought to be allowed.
You haven't been paying attention. I'm a stern advocate for free speech and ironically the boring and depressive agenda driven dribble that constantly attacks those who cannot defend themselves is what I bemoan and ironically is sanctioned by the self righteous religious right ruler and anyone who dare conter these continuous dribblings is banned when weak self proclaimed victims complain of being relentlessly countered.

Written spoken and authorised by a coal loving, tree hugging BBQ operator of the Saints football community.

GO THE SAINTERS!

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

HighettMan wrote: Fri 14 Jun 2019 10:11am

Nup.

Look I think it’s dumb

Geezus another one.....
You haven't been paying attention. I'm a stern advocate for free speech and ironically the boring and depressive agenda driven dribble that constantly attacks those who cannot defend themselves is what I bemoan and ironically is sanctioned by the self righteous religious right ruler and anyone who dare conter these continuous dribblings is banned when weak self proclaimed victims complain of being relentlessly countered.

Written spoken and authorised by a coal loving, tree hugging BBQ operator of the Saints football community.

GO THE SAINTERS!
So you advocate free speech, but on the basis that you get one negative comment and anything more than that warrants a ban?

While yes, there can be a lot of negative commentary on this forum, some of which is probably unwarranted, but those who feel that they always need to defend the club and attach those for not adhering to some sort of optimistic ideology aren’t any better. Just because someone may be an optimist doesn’t by default make them one of the good guys.

Last I checked, Saintsationsl wasn’t a spin doctoring service for the club.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Whats with all the crap above?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote: Tue 11 Jun 2019 3:30pm
evertonfc wrote: Tue 11 Jun 2019 2:13pm I like the way we became a real football club under Grant Thomas.

We began to win. We became ruthless. We had a swagger. We also connected better with our members and felt part of something.

Now we're a walking apology; a vanilla carcass of unrelated causes and administrative expediency, waving the waving white flag on the field and a rainbow one off it.
The thing I liked most through the Thomas era was how he refused to apologise for putting the club first.

A good example was when Baker smashed that Richmond dude off the ball in an unbelievebly stupid act. Oh well, he's our boi so suck it up.

I also liked how he seemed to drive those absolute smashings of the likes of Carlton or Collingwood etc etc. We were absolute flat track bullies at the dome under his coaching and there is no doubt in my mind that he was delivering a message along the lines of "we owe em one"...

The club had a chip on its shoulder against the rest of the league. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.
This is a superb post. I’d forgotten about that - we use to belt teams up.

Thomas would hammer that point into the playing group: destroy the opposition. Don’t just beat them. We owe some of them 100 years of pain.

It was quality to be a part of. I miss that momentum and force - the supporter group went with it and loved it.

It shows what can be done with vision and leadership.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

HighettMan
Club Player

SydneySainter wrote: Sat 15 Jun 2019 10:35am
HighettMan wrote: Fri 14 Jun 2019 10:11am

Nup.

Look I think it’s dumb

Geezus another one.....

GO THE SAINTERS!
So you advocate free speech, but on the basis that you get one negative comment and anything more than that warrants a ban?

While yes, there can be a lot of negative commentary on this forum, some of which is probably unwarranted, but those who feel that they always need to defend the club and attach those for not adhering to some sort of optimistic ideology aren’t any better. Just because someone may be an optimist doesn’t by default make them one of the good guys.

Last I checked, Saintsationsl wasn’t a spin doctoring service for the club.
I'm also an advocate for constructive feedback.
Agenda driven relentless boring dribble not so much.