Hanna's Gastro

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Re: Hanna's Gastro

takeaway wrote: Thu 01 Aug 2019 11:18am
Joffa Burns wrote: Thu 01 Aug 2019 9:53am
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 01 Aug 2019 8:44am 800k at 5 years. 800k at 5 years...

...if it keeps getting posted enough then it might come true.
Which is part is incorrect?
The tenure or the dollars?

As our most reliable ITK, please provide some accurate data on what Dan actually gets paid and the actual term of his contract.

Other than your insight, I guess most will go with 5 years as reported on Saints.com and the $800k widely reported in the media and not refuted by the club.

https://m.saints.com.au/news/2018-10-12 ... s-st-kilda

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.the ... 5098p.html

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/thewest ... 88830z.amp
Those articles only mention what it is speculated he was on at Sydney. No mention of any figure he is paid at the Saints. No evidence at all it is 800k. It may well be 600k, how would we know? People seem to latch on to any figure mentioned and take it as gospel. If someone can produce evidence he is on 800k or whatever figure, fair enough.

I don't take much notice of the media, watching/listening/reading, in fact avoid it except for live matches, don't even watch pre or post match. You just get filled up with rubbish. Anyway, hopefully Hanners gets fully fit soon, because we need him adding to the team, not just leadership and enthusiasm outside match days.
Great post Takers. Yeah, I didn't think people were that gullible either with the media stuff. But if it fits an anti Saints vibe in some way then some latch onto it like an Alabama tick. Even our own supporters.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

So no issues at all with 5 years at $800K? Simple maths after his 2019 year now makes that $1 million a year in shrouded value for the next 4, provided he actually gets on the park. If he plays 20 games a year, I'm hoping that means he's playing some good footy. At $50K a game he'd want to be, especially if younger players are having their contracts squeezed.

Just remember Sydney wanted him out as they saw the 2018 version of Dan Hannerbury, complete with his contract amount & length as a liability to their future.

We went in, eyes wide shut with a bee in our bonnet about signing a big name on big dollars, my god we are a generous club and easy to deal with...insert desperate and naive after "my god we are".

We need to get better with our deals is my belief, forget the chest beating, just get smarter and more ruthless.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Anti Saints vibe???

If we didn't care about the club we wouldn't be writing about it we'd be too busy laughing.

takeaway
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Thu 01 Aug 2019 11:30am So no issues at all with 5 years at $800K? Simple maths after his 2019 year now makes that $1 million a year in shrouded value for the next 4, provided he actually gets on the park. If he plays 20 games a year, I'm hoping that means he's playing some good footy. At $50K a game he'd want to be, especially if younger players are having their contracts squeezed.

Just remember Sydney wanted him out as they saw the 2018 version of Dan Hannerbury, complete with his contract amount & length as a liability to their future.

We went in, eyes wide shut with a bee in our bonnet about signing a big name on big dollars, my god we are a generous club and easy to deal with...insert desperate and naive after "my god we are".

We need to get better with our deals is my belief, forget the chest beating, just get smarter and more ruthless.
Where did you get the 800k figure from?

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 01 Aug 2019 11:21am
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 01 Aug 2019 8:44am 800k at 5 years. 800k at 5 years...

As our most reliable ITK, please provide some accurate data on what Dan actually gets paid and the actual term of his contract.

Other than your insight, I guess most will go with 5 years as reported on Saints.com and the $800k widely reported in the media and not refuted by the club.

Those articles only mention what it is speculated he was on at Sydney. No mention of any figure he is paid at the Saints. No evidence at all it is 800k. It may well be 600k, how would we know? People seem to latch on to any figure mentioned and take it as gospel. If someone can produce evidence he is on 800k or whatever figure, fair enough.

I don't take much notice of the media, watching/listening/reading, in fact avoid it except for live matches, don't even watch pre or post match. You just get filled up with rubbish. Anyway, hopefully Hanners gets fully fit soon, because we need him adding to the team, not just leadership and enthusiasm outside match days.
Great post Takers. Yeah, I didn't think people were that gullible either with the media stuff. But if it fits an anti Saints vibe in some way then some latch onto it like an Alabama tick. Even our own supporters.
Didn’t you just start a thread about Ben King purely based on info you got from... the media?

:roll:

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Thu 01 Aug 2019 9:58am Not saying that it isn't true but I find this hard to believe.

That is a staggering contract.
It's a contract and recruitment that has total goofball stupidity written all over it and Simon Lethlean is directly responsible for it.

No hindsight here.
I was pissed off when I heard St.kilda were interested in recruiting him before the event.
I knew and anyone with a clue knew Hannebery was on the decline and it was not a smart move.

"St Kilda have signed Sydney vice-captain Dan Hannebery on a five-year deal, completing the AFL trade long before Wednesday's deadline.

The Saints received Hannebery and pick No. 28 in the 2018 AFL Draft in exchange for sending pick No. 39 (acquired from West Coast Eagles) and St Kilda’s future second-round selection to the Sydney Swans."

The deal has freed up significant salary-cap space at the SCG, where Hannebery was contracted until 2021 and understood to be earning approximately $800,000 a season."

Any shrewd negotiator would not have given up this years second round draft selection as part of the Hannebery deal.
Sydney would no doubt have been happy just to get the deal done to free up their salary cap as he was contracted there for a further three seasons at $800,000 a year.
After two injury interrupted years where his form was very ordinary when he did manage to play it was beyond obvious he was cooked.

Any competent decision maker would not have touched Hannebery with a 1,000 foot pole.
No other club in the AFL were stupid enough or interested and yet Simon Lethlean went ahead and dished up this goofball stupidity.
How did Simon Lethlean end up at St.kilda again?
How did he get to be appointed General Manager of Football when he has never held this position at an AFL club before?

Simon Lethlean was going to sacrifice the selection of Max King and was only saved from making this horrendous decision by Dylan Shiel rejecting his offer of 1.4 million for five, six or seven years or whatever nonsense this was.

Where is the outrage for this garbage that he is dishing up?
And people wonder why St.kilda Football Club has been a basket case for most of it's entire history.

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

The_Dud wrote: Thu 01 Aug 2019 11:44am

Didn’t you just start a thread about Ben King purely based on info you got from... the media?

No. The drumbeats on Ben King returning are everywhere. Media, public and private.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Ghost Like wrote: Thu 01 Aug 2019 11:30am So no issues at all with 5 years at $800K? Simple maths after his 2019 year now makes that $1 million a year in shrouded value for the next 4, provided he actually gets on the park. If he plays 20 games a year, I'm hoping that means he's playing some good footy. At $50K a game he'd want to be, especially if younger players are having their contracts squeezed.

Disagree and I already explained why the recruitment of Hannas is ok.

Forgetting Hannas, if every player we drafted and recruited become the guns we want them to be on whatever money then we would win the flag every year. Patience is required with any new player.

Again, 800k is just media speculation and for some odd reason its constantly talked about on here almost every day like its gospel. It's not only boresome but very odd. I'm way more looking forward to see if the Saints can go 3 from 3 this week and break Adelaide.

Total = 1.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Saints article states a 5 year commitment, so we can assume the 5 years is there.

As I wrote, I don't know if the $800K is true or not, neither do those who write it is or those who write it is not. Those who write it is not true are speculating just as those who declare it as gospel. It may be $800K or $600 as you wrote above, it also maybe $1M or $1.2M, fact is none of us know.

Fact is it has been quite widely reported he is on $800K and that number has not been refuted by the club, so is more logical to be around the mark than a much lower or higher number.

BTW, I find it hilarious Ted when you log in as takeaway to defend your Ted persona.
What is even funnier is when you forget which comments you have made as either ted/takeaway and repeat them in the different persona.

Like below:
takeaway wrote: Tue 20 Nov 2018 4:15pm You should update your Commodore 64.
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 18 Apr 2019 11:11pm s***, Corfe pulled out his Commodore 64 for that spreadsheet!
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Wed 17 Jul 2019 11:09am It's a pretty well known sexual term amongst kids and young adults. I've heard male Saints supporters use it at Marvel on more than one occasion.
takeaway wrote: Tue 20 Nov 2018 10:51pm

earlier in the year some Saints supporters were using it during a game. I also assumed the the time it was short for Richo (Cho), but later in the game (one we lost of course) I was left in no doubt what these "supporters" really meant - the urban dictionary version.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 01 Aug 2019 11:49am

No. The drumbeats on Ben King returning are everywhere. Media, public and private.
Hmmmm, drumbeats. Sounds like the kind of thing Barrett would say. Is there any actual evidence? Wasn’t B King quoted as saying he was happy at the GC?

I don’t think dismissing or accepting media reports purely because you do or don’t like what they say is a very good way of getting information.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Thu 01 Aug 2019 12:00pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 01 Aug 2019 11:49am

Hmmmm, drumbeats. Sounds like the kind of thing Barrett would say. Is there any actual evidence? Wasn’t B King quoted as saying he was happy at the GC?

I don’t think dismissing or accepting media reports purely because you do or don’t like what they say is a very good way of getting information.
:lol: Poor ted, trips at every hurdle put pushes on regardless.
You've gotta love his endevour.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Dudley, B King wants to come home. Don't ask me how I know but I know. Saints are an obvious destination but let's wait and see.

Corfe, the fact you think I'm Takeaway is very funny and untrue but against forum rules to speculate. The mod went over this sort of garbage before. You just can't let me go can you old fella. Give it a rest. You will enjoy your days more.

Total = 1.
takeaway
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Thu 01 Aug 2019 11:59am

Saints article states a 5 year commitment, so we can assume the 5 years is there.

As I wrote, I don't know if the $800K is true or not, neither do those who write it is or those who write it is not. Those who write it is not true are speculating just as those who declare it as gospel. It may be $800K or $600 as you wrote above, it also maybe $1M or $1.2M, fact is none of us know.

Fact is it has been quite widely reported he is on $800K and that number has not been refuted by the club, so is more logical to be around the mark than a much lower or higher number.

BTW, I find it hilarious Ted when you log in as takeaway to defend your Ted persona.
What is even funnier is when you forget which comments you have made as either ted/takeaway and repeat them in the different persona.

Like below:
takeaway wrote: Tue 20 Nov 2018 4:15pm You should update your Commodore 64.
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 18 Apr 2019 11:11pm s***, Corfe pulled out his Commodore 64 for that spreadsheet!
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Wed 17 Jul 2019 11:09am It's a pretty well known sexual term amongst kids and young adults. I've heard male Saints supporters use it at Marvel on more than one occasion.
takeaway wrote: Tue 20 Nov 2018 10:51pm

earlier in the year some Saints supporters were using it during a game. I also assumed the the time it was short for Richo (Cho), but later in the game (one we lost of course) I was left in no doubt what these "supporters" really meant - the urban dictionary version.
You're certainly a research guru. Must have a lot of time and patience. You might find it a bit more efficient if you updated your Commodore 64 though.
I find it ludicrous that some posters seem to take offence to Ted's posts for whatever reason. Jealousy? Envy? To me Ted just posts what he hears, reads, views about Saints, and I find it handy to get some information, whether right or wrong, in the one location. If you think it is rubbish, just move on.

The mods would confirm that we are not the same poster. I think it is more a case of good football knowledge and logic being in alignment at times. Ha Ha.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 01 Aug 2019 12:09pm Dudley, B King wants to come home. Don't ask me how I know but I know. Saints are an obvious destination but let's wait and see.

Corfe, the fact you think I'm Takeaway is very funny and untrue but against forum rules to speculate. The mod went over this sort of garbage before. You just can't let me go can you old fella. Give it a rest. You will enjoy your days more.
I have no reason to doubt B King wants to come home.

I just find it odd how you use the exact same method of receiving/delivering information that you heavily criticise Barrett and other journos about.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Wed 31 Jul 2019 8:10pm Yeah and Neil Armstrong never landed on the moon!
Speaking of moon landings in a thread about Gastro is quite apposite.

https://soundcloud.com/aeroplanejellyfi ... -jellyfish

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

no

to speculate is ok

to claim ... is naughtiness

are you taking over stingers role
as moderators pet ?

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Gastro

24-48 hour bug

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Great post odores - you are nothing if not a good laugh
You just posted that he was on 800k was the best player since - well I don't know who - just the best player evr
And how we had to PRY him away from Sydney
We went hunting for a big fish and still managed to get him for less
Lethlean truly is a magician

Seeya
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 01 Aug 2019 11:09am
I'm not talking about his contract length. I'm talking the $'s. We have no idea what it is unless you have access to the paperwork stored on the Moorabbin hard drives in Gallagher's office.

BTW, I have no issue with 5 years (even if its at 800k a year which is still wild speculation from the media). Its fair enough given Hannas is a 3 x AA that possesses a vast amount of finals expierence and leadership qualities. Given we only won 4 games last year, you have to pay a bit more to pry a bloke like that away from a club that he has been at all his life with good mates.

I also prefer long term patience and diligence over short term anger and impatience which is a bad human trait. Hannas is only 1 years into 5 years. Still lots more to play out here folks.

Anyway, the 800k is media speculation. Pure and simple driven by the likes of Barret who is constantly after headlines and sensationalism. Geez, I thought people were smarter than that. Maybe not. 🙄
Well it seems you actually do know a lot about Dans contract Ted, please enlighten us to what Dan will be paid and how much of the salary the Swans are paying?
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Tue 18 Sep 2018 2:33pm
He will not be on 800k a year. Will also have a 5th year trigger option. Sydney will pay part of his salary too

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Thu 01 Aug 2019 11:36am

Lots of media state a deal in the vicinity of $800K like below from Tom Morris.
Show me something that states he is not on a package in that vicinity.
Show me where the saints have denied this?

May be BS, maybe 100% correct.
Fact is you do not know the answer and have provided no proof to the contrary, therefore there is a lot more supporting evidence to suggest legitimacy as opposed to inaccuracy.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-20 ... b82769b287

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I don't know anything about the DH contract.
I do know a little about another Saints contract and it has certain performance clauses in it which need to be 'triggered' for him to reach the amount that is thrown about as his 'contract'.
These 'triggers' can form a substantial portion of a players 'contract salary' and I think (not know) that whatever the figure being bandied about for DH would also be subject to these 'triggers'.
My guess is that he will earn substantially less than the 800k being widely spoken of because of his inability to play games this season.
BUT, as I understand it, 800k (if that's the correct figure) is what will be used to determine our TPP under the salary cap
My understanding is that the TPP is not necessarily the same as the actual money paid to all players, only the maximum they can earn under their individual contracts with the Club.

takeaway
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Thu 01 Aug 2019 5:46pm
takeaway wrote: Thu 01 Aug 2019 11:36am

Lots of media state a deal in the vicinity of $800K like below from Tom Morris.
Show me something that states he is not on a package in that vicinity.
Show me where the saints have denied this?

May be BS, maybe 100% correct.
Fact is you do not know the answer and have provided no proof to the contrary, therefore there is a lot more supporting evidence to suggest legitimacy as opposed to inaccuracy.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-20 ... b82769b287
Foxsports? Really? Is that it? "Lots" of media? Surely you can do better than that with your meticulous research skills. Fact is you do not know the answer and have provided no proof, as you have stated is the case for me. So we'll leave it as between 350k and 1.5mill.
Believe the fluff media if you wish. Of course the Saints haven't denied it, if they started to deny/confirm all media stuff they would have no time to put a team on the field.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Don't worry Takers. Corfe will back away quicker than his claim that we are the same poster. I didn't pick him to be one so quick to jump on the 800k media bandwagon.

Lol and if the Saints would confirm a player's exact salary, especially a high prized recruit! Loling off the couch right now. 😂😂😂

Total = 1.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 01 Aug 2019 10:07am Unless we have a printed copy of his contract then its approximates and guesses. Speculation really. Clubs never really detail what a player is actually on either so still speculation.
oh the Hypocrisy.... could someone please Takeaway Ted.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Takers?!

WTF!

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.