Jaxons come on down

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jaxons come on down

Playon wrote:Any truth that JOM refused to meet with St Kilda?
Not according BrianNotSpeaking. Apparently he was going to come to us at the end of last year

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
ace
Saintsational Legend

Playon wrote:Honestly guys can't you take the holiday snaps off to PM's?
My team isn't playing in the finals so there is not much left but holiday schnaps.
I can't even abuse the umpires for making my team lose.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
ace
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
Not according BrianNotSpeaking. Apparently he was going to come to us at the end of last year
If he refuses to meet with other clubs than Hawthorn and Essendon it is Luke Ball all over again.
Don't meet with other clubs, they will not be able to make a medical assessment, they will not try to deal with the Suns, he will not be forced elsewhere than his preferred choice.

He may want to go to Hawthorn for the glory of playing in grand finals but I doubt Hawthorn will offer anywhere near as much money as Essendon.
If Hawthorn fall out of the finals in straight sets he may take Essendon's money instead of Hawthorn's box.
If he goes on holidays without meeting with our club, he will be immediately crossed off our shopping list.

Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote: Trading Pick 6 for Carlisle was a huge risk. I didn't like it at the time. However, the fact that we scored Gresham and Carlisle from it, means it was a win.
After all the academy, father-son, and free agent compensation queue jumping Carlisle and Gresham cost us pick 6 AND pick 29.

So far Nathan Freeman has cost us apparent pick 28 in 2016 but remember that apparent pick 24 we traded in the Carlisle deal ended up being pick 29.
It could well be Freeman only costs us this year's pick 33.
A far cry from what appeared in 2015 to be a low 20s.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

I wouldn't think so. We have already met with his management.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

saintsRrising wrote:Having watched a chunk of the GWS vs Swans it is pretty hard to see how any team will be able to match for them for a while going forward. They are only going to get better for an extended period. This year may be the last non-GWS GF win fora while, and they may win this years. Any team can have an off day of course, but it is hard to not see that list from racking up the silverware.

Bottom 6? They don't have one. Just very good players that are still inexperienced or need to build their bodies still.
They already have more early draft picks locked in, and will get more in each year as they trade off excess players.
And then to rub salt in the wounds they get the option of topping up with any Academy players should any prove to be elite.

Our rebuild faces an enormous task to get past the GWS build, which already has the foundations to re-invigorate itself for many years.
We are not as far behind GWS as some might think, in fact I think we are building a list and game style that will enable us to compete with them.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

I tell you what. If the Gold Coast only offered O'Meara a 2 year deal, it means they consider him a significant risk. Stay away Saints.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:Having watched a chunk of the GWS vs Swans it is pretty hard to see how any team will be able to match for them for a while going forward. They are only going to get better for an extended period. This year may be the last non-GWS GF win fora while, and they may win this years. Any team can have an off day of course, but it is hard to not see that list from racking up the silverware.

Bottom 6? They don't have one. Just very good players that are still inexperienced or need to build their bodies still.
They already have more early draft picks locked in, and will get more in each year as they trade off excess players.
And then to rub salt in the wounds they get the option of topping up with any Academy players should any prove to be elite.

Our rebuild faces an enormous task to get past the GWS build, which already has the foundations to re-invigorate itself for many years.
We are not as far behind GWS as some might think, in fact I think we are building a list and game style that will enable us to compete with them.
Seriously??

ace
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote:I tell you what. If the Gold Coast only offered O'Meara a 2 year deal, it means they consider him a significant risk. Stay away Saints.
A two year deal :roll: - enough to say to the fans we wanted him to stay but enough to tell the star player we want you to leave. :twisted:

Agreed, the Suns don't have confidence in his permanent recovery.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote:

Compete with them, well we do have to play them.
But our window will not open until they are in decline and decline they probably will just like Brisbane.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote:I tell you what. If the Gold Coast only offered O'Meara a 2 year deal, it means they consider him a significant risk. Stay away Saints.
Exactly, LL. If he was the marquee player and GA Jnr replacement they claim he is, and his knee was no longer a concern, wouldn't you make him a "Godfather" offer? They know he's a massive risk, hence only two years. In racing parlance, "Prefer others".

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote:

Based on?

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote:

You are kidding arent you?

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

I picked the Swan to win it this year - but the way GWS smashed them phyisically and with their outside run we are light years away from that. Losing Mumford was the stupidist move the Swans have made in the last 20 years....
Last edited by Impatient Sainter on Sun 11 Sep 2016 9:52pm, edited 1 time in total.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
Thank god he didnt!

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

ace wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:

But our window will not open until they are in decline and decline they probably will just like Brisbane.
Then you don't think our window will open for 7 or 8 years?

ace
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote:
ace wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:

Sadly that is what the AFL has mandated.
Sydney is their growth market and they have rigged recruitment concessions to favour those two teams.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
Exactly, LL. If he was the marquee player and GA Jnr replacement they claim he is, and his knee was no longer a concern, wouldn't you make him a "Godfather" offer? They know he's a massive risk, hence only two years. In racing parlance, "Prefer others".
Yep this. If he was really clearly good to go, they'd have five years on the table at $$$big.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:

Based on?
If it bleeds it can be killed :twisted:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
asiu
Saintsational Legend

If it bleeds it can be killed 
Yes.
thats about the only attitude we can take !

(but no good turning up to a gun fight with knives)

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
ace
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote: If it bleeds it can be killed :twisted:
Please don't kill our club Mr AFL man.
We can be very useful providing income to you through the TV rights deal with Sunday twilight games.
Who else can you get to make that sacrifice of their own income and membership in that pathetic time slot.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote:
ace wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:

Our window will still open. The trouble with windows is that other teams can have them at the same time too! So GWS will be there too and hard to beat. But if you get into a GF anything can happen.

ie in 97 would the Crows have still beaten us if we had not lost Everitt and Vidovic, and then in GF week have Winmar's dad die and Loewe have the issue he had with his sister?
Last edited by saintsRrising on Mon 12 Sep 2016 1:47pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
ace
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
Devilhead wrote: If it bleeds it can be killed :twisted:
Please don't kill our club Mr AFL man.
We can be very useful providing income to you through the TV rights deal with Sunday twilight games.
Who else can you get to make that sacrifice of their own income and memberships in that pathetic time slot.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:
ace wrote:
Linton Lodger wrote:

Our window will still open. The troble with windows is that other teams can have them at the same time too! So GWS will be there too and hard to beat. But if you get into a GF anything can happen.

ie in 97 would the Crows have still beaten us if we had not lost Everitt and Vidovic, and then in GF week have Winmar's dad die and Loewe have the issue he had with his sister?
To be fair, Adelaide lost Modra and Riccuito.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:

Our window will still open. The trouble with windows is that other teams can have them at the same time too! So GWS will be there too and hard to beat. But if you get into a GF anything can happen.

To be fair, Adelaide lost Modra and Riccuito.

Who was talking about being fair? I was just demonstrating that things can occur which can influence who can win on the day.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....