Changes v Swans

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ace
Saintsational Legend

Re: Changes v Swans

saynta wrote: Tue 28 Jul 2020 7:48pm
bergsone wrote: Mon 27 Jul 2020 7:10pm out Ross
in Savage

Give Clarke more midfield time,anyway reckon they may look at this
C L A R K ...........ffs
ClarkE is still suspended.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Moods
Saintsational Legend

I am staggered that Hinde’s name has been thrown up by a few on here to be dropped. I’ve said numerous times before, new guys don’t need to get in best players, but they do need to show something. I thought Hinde did some great things. Applied really good pressure, kicked a goal and set up another with a beautiful handpass.

He’s a lock for mine. Just as certain is Parker to be dropped. Looked completely overwhelmed like the game moves way too fast for him. He’s simply not up to it.

Battle has to come in if fit. That makes us too top heavy so I don’t have all the answers

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote: Tue 28 Jul 2020 8:05pm From what I’m hearing there will be quite a few changes ( after the Swans game ) that may baffle a few but it’s just nursing them through the next month. You don’t want to be sitting on the top of the ladder if you’re missing a few of your key playmakers at the end of the season. I gather August will be hamstring month in the AFL.
From what you're saying here we are going all out to beat Sydney (to hopefully win against yet another hoodoo team) and will then bank on our lesser players to beat Gold Coast.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Vazelos
Club Player

Moods wrote: Tue 28 Jul 2020 10:21pm I am staggered that Hinde’s name has been thrown up by a few on here to be dropped. I’ve said numerous times before, new guys don’t need to get in best players, but they do need to show something. I thought Hinde did some great things. Applied really good pressure, kicked a goal and set up another with a beautiful handpass.

He’s a lock for mine. Just as certain is Parker to be dropped. Looked completely overwhelmed like the game moves way too fast for him. He’s simply not up to it.

100% agree with your comments on Hind he is a lock for next week. Has quality... must persevere with this boy... fast aggressive has an eye for goal and is just a good footballer...

Battle has to come in if fit. That makes us too top heavy so I don’t have all the answers
Have to know more about the Swans match ups to make those decisions let the cobblers cobble!!!

Vazelos
Club Player

Moods wrote: Tue 28 Jul 2020 10:21pm I am staggered that Hinde’s name has been thrown up by a few on here to be dropped. I’ve said numerous times before, new guys don’t need to get in best players, but they do need to show something. I thought Hinde did some great things. Applied really good pressure, kicked a goal and set up another with a beautiful handpass.

100% agree with your comments on Hind he is a lock for next week. Has quality... must persevere with this boy... fast aggressive has an eye for goal and is just a good footballer...

Have to know more about the Swans match ups to make those decisions let the cobblers cobble!!!

bergsone
SS Life Member

ace wrote: Tue 28 Jul 2020 9:28pm
in Savage

C L A R K ...........ffs
So sorry for the stuff up,I will just go and shoot myself

minneapolis
Club Player

bergsone wrote: Wed 29 Jul 2020 12:17am
in Savage

C L A R K ...........ffs
Shoote.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
Harves Man
Club Player

bergsone wrote: Wed 29 Jul 2020 12:17am
in Savage

C L A R K ...........ffs
Thank you. Under the circumstances, it is the only honourable thing to do. We will miss you. I will shed a tear every time I watch a Clark Gable film - if only to wonder "what if".

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Aaaah internet 101...
When you can’t use reason or logic to make your argument, go after spelling.

Always very effective

I don’t even know what the discussion was about... only that Berg was defeeeted

Harves Man
Club Player

skeptic wrote: Wed 29 Jul 2020 11:52am Aaaah internet 101...
When you can’t use reason or logic to make your argument, go after spelling.

Always very effective

I don’t even know what the discussion was about... only that Berg was defeeeted
Yeah, but he dyed honourably.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Are you adding an E to Hind's name because you genuinely think that's how it's spelt or is at attempt at humour because half the forum spells Clark's name with an added E?

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

saynta wrote: Wed 29 Jul 2020 12:58pm

Are you adding an E to Hind's name because you genuinely think that's how it's spelt or is at attempt at humour because half the forum spells Clark's name with an added E?
I heard that Nick Hinde was the grandson of the late John Hinde the wonderful ABC film reviewer

Anyway I must go got to get down to the olde shoppe

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
Kevin07

Steelee has been great this year dont you all think?

The Handball Champion in the Southern Hemisphere
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Haha. I actually thought that it was spelt with an e on the end. My mistake

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Wed 29 Jul 2020 2:56pm

Haha. I actually thought that it was spelt with an e on the end. My mistake
:wink: :D

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote: Tue 28 Jul 2020 8:05pm From what I’m hearing there will be quite a few changes ( after the Swans game ) that may baffle a few but it’s just nursing them through the next month. You don’t want to be sitting on the top of the ladder if you’re missing a few of your key playmakers at the end of the season. I gather August will be hamstring month in the AFL.
Yes I am expecting it.

We have many options except that the midfield is light on for quality swaps with Hannas and Dunstan both injured.

And we have both some good experienced players as well as some young prospects like Bytel to try out.

ie
King with his young body.

Carlisle with his old body.

Long will be ready to come back.
If Battle is not back for Swans then will be back after the Swans.

Note knowing who has been showing a bit in the scratch matches but from those who did not play against Port who will be available. (Love that HB line! )

Those in bold I think are the more likely ones.

Austin Clavarino Savage
Robbo Battle Long
Langlands DMak Phillips
Connolly Joyce Marsh
Lonie Bell

Abbott Bytel Byrnes

Alabaksis

We will still want to knock off GC and so I cannot seem them playing too many raw players all at once. So I suspect a mix.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

We go 7 days, Swans
5 days GC
4 days Cats = So this is the critical game re days in between. So using GC as the week to rest more players makes sense.
6 days Dons

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
minneapolis
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote: Wed 29 Jul 2020 9:12pm
Note knowing who has been showing a bit in the scratch matches but from those who did not play against Port who will be available. (Love that HB line! )
Covide-19. It's spreading like wildefire.

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Kevin07 wrote: Wed 29 Jul 2020 2:14pm Steelee has been great this year dont you all think?
f*** yeah.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
spert
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote: Wed 29 Jul 2020 9:12pm
Yes I am expecting it.

We have many options except that the midfield is light on for quality swaps with Hannas and Dunstan both injured.

And we have both some good experienced players as well as some young prospects like Bytel to try out.

ie
King with his young body.

Carlisle with his old body.

Long will be ready to come back.
If Battle is not back for Swans then will be back after the Swans.

Those in bold I think are the more likely ones.

Austin Clavarino Savage
Robbo Battle Long
Langlands DMak Phillips
Connolly Joyce Marsh
Lonie Bell

Abbott Bytel Byrnes

Alabaksis

We will still want to knock off GC and so I cannot seem them playing too many raw players all at once. So I suspect a mix.
I hope the changes are not too drastic as we need to actually win games to stay in the final eight. The Saints are still to develop the killer instinct as we saw against North and Freo who we should have put away, and we can't drift too far from putting our best team on the field in any game.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

I predicted soft tissue injuries would be a significant issue and it sounds like the club is bracing itself for major carnage over the next month. I just hope we don't get any ripped from the bone to the point it effects our pre season and chances next year. It might be time to bring a heap of Sandy players into the team.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Thu 30 Jul 2020 7:58am I predicted soft tissue injuries would be a significant issue and it sounds like the club is bracing itself for major carnage over the next month. I just hope we don't get any ripped from the bone to the point it effects our pre season and chances next year. It might be time to bring a heap of Sandy players into the team.
Agreed on your predictions, this month we are due for ripping of tendons, tanking, closure of the season entirely, bankruptcy, the second coming of Jesus, a Zombie Apocalypse and Armageddon. Brace yourself.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

the second coming of Jesus,
i’m already here ... tick that one off the list

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Thu 30 Jul 2020 9:05am
the second coming of Jesus,
i’m already here ... tick that one off the list
Amen.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

CQ SAINT wrote: Thu 30 Jul 2020 8:55am
Secret Kiel wrote: Thu 30 Jul 2020 7:58am I predicted soft tissue injuries would be a significant issue and it sounds like the club is bracing itself for major carnage over the next month. I just hope we don't get any ripped from the bone to the point it effects our pre season and chances next year. It might be time to bring a heap of Sandy players into the team.
Agreed on your predictions, this month we are due for ripping of tendons, tanking, closure of the season entirely, bankruptcy, the second coming of Jesus, a Zombie Apocalypse and Armageddon. Brace yourself.
There is ABSOLUTELY no way there can be a second coming of Jesus as we haven't seen the first coming of Jesus. But the rest of what you say is definitely going to happen this month.