Sunny Ernie super thread -user banned>

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Re: Should we go after Harris Andrews?

He is just a slightly better version of Howard

He was outstanding a few years back, but has been really ordinary the last two seasons

Sags off his man like Dougs

SunnyErnie
Club Player

happy feet wrote: Sun 03 Jul 2022 2:58pm
SunnyErnie wrote: Sun 03 Jul 2022 2:45pm It’s obvious to me when Dougal gets injured we are in a lot of strife. If Andrews ever becomes available I would ask our top 10 paid players to take a 10% pay cut and the next 10 highest paid players to take a 7.5% pay cut. Then I would make Andrews an offer to good to refuse.

Any chance we could make this happen?
No, not what is needed. As for your ridiculous notion of pay cuts, I’m a bit speechless. How to sew division in a club. Mind numbing stuff Ernie.
You are a fool and a trouble maker HF. Instead of just blindly saying 'not needed' and 'ridiculous notion', how about you tell us why. Actually forget I asked you. I will just place you on my FOE list. All good.

St Kilda should never trade with Essendon and Sydney ever again!!!

NeXus
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Pros:
Andrews diesn't yell at team-mates
Andrews doesn't usually kick out to opponents
Andrews doesn't lumber like a baby giraffe
🙆‍♂️

Ticks all the boxes for me 🙊🤩

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
happy feet
Club Player

SunnyErnie wrote: Sun 03 Jul 2022 5:28pm
SunnyErnie wrote: Sun 03 Jul 2022 2:45pm It’s obvious to me when Dougal gets injured we are in a lot of strife. If Andrews ever becomes available I would ask our top 10 paid players to take a 10% pay cut and the next 10 highest paid players to take a 7.5% pay cut. Then I would make Andrews an offer to good to refuse.

No, not what is needed. As for your ridiculous notion of pay cuts, I’m a bit speechless. How to sew division in a club. Mind numbing stuff Ernie.
You are a fool and a trouble maker HF. Instead of just blindly saying 'not needed' and 'ridiculous notion', how about you tell us why. Actually forget I asked you. I will just place you on my FOE list. All good.
You didn’t ask me Ernie, you threw it out there and are now sooking that you don’t get the response you were seeking.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
SunnyErnie
Club Player

happy feet wrote: Sun 03 Jul 2022 6:58pm

You didn’t ask me Ernie, you threw it out there and are now sooking that you don’t get the response you were seeking.
You have no idea how to discuss issues on a fan forum. All you do is shoot people down instead of giving your reasons why you disagree.

NeXus
happy feet
Club Player

SunnyErnie wrote: Sun 03 Jul 2022 7:48pm
happy feet wrote: Sun 03 Jul 2022 6:58pm

You have no idea how to discuss issues on a fan forum. All you do is shoot people down instead of giving your reasons why you disagree.
How about you apply the same reasoning to yourself Ernie. You gave zero justification as to why we should try to recruit Andrew’s. Did you quote any player statistics, did you make any comment on why he would be better than other players already at the Club? No, not a single justification to this latest thought bubble, but then you have the hide to come at me and criticize me for not providing you any justification for my comments. Perhaps if you applied your own rules to yourself, you would not post so much garbage on here. Think before you type Ernie. As for the name calling, go you hardest, I have dealt with narcissistic people all my life and they are very easy to expose.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

You’ve already been banned Ernie.

And happy feet is right. You continually post inane crap Stay in the animal enclosure and give us all a break

saintbob
SS Life Member

Jack Payne is the one I’d be targeting from the Lions, he just seems to be getting better with every game.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

We need a strong intercepting full back, not another Howard clone. Unfortunately there is not an abundance of them about.

Saintmike65
Club Player

Impatient Sainter wrote: Mon 04 Jul 2022 12:04am We need a strong intercepting full back, not another Howard clone. Unfortunately there is not an abundance of them about.

Good point…how about we draft a young key back and develop him!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Saintmike65 wrote: Mon 04 Jul 2022 10:50am
Impatient Sainter wrote: Mon 04 Jul 2022 12:04am We need a strong intercepting full back, not another Howard clone. Unfortunately there is not an abundance of them about.

We did.

Saintmike65
Club Player

saynta wrote: Mon 04 Jul 2022 10:57am

We did.
Doubt young Adams will be a key defender, more a third tall…as impatient sainter alluded to, a physically strong defender is needed, Oscar is very lean with narrow shoulders so doubt he’ll fill out a lot..happy to be proven wrong!!

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

We have Joyce, he needs to be given games at AFL level to develop.

Needs to be selected this week and left in the side.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

No more talls.

We need mids mids mids mids.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
SunnyErnie
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Mon 04 Jul 2022 11:09am No more talls.

Wrong, wrong and wrong.

Mids coming through include Bytel, Byrnes, Owens, Windhager. That's enough for now. This offseason we need another 198+cm key back. Harris Andrews or Ben McKay would be perfect for us. The $64Mill question is though, will they be available?

NeXus
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

SunnyErnie wrote: Mon 04 Jul 2022 4:35pm

Wrong, wrong and wrong.

Mids coming through include Bytel, Byrnes, Owens, Windhager. That's enough for now. This offseason we need another 198+cm key back. Harris Andrews or Ben McKay would be perfect for us. The $64Mill question is though, will they be available?
To be successful in this league you need multiple A-grade mids, and we only have one at the moment, and IMO Bytel and Byrnes aren't looking like they'll reach that level, Owens and Windhager have shown flashes but who knows.

We need to bring in a player/s who's already proved how good they are.

A gun midfield makes the talls at either end look much better. To improve our backline we need to get a better midfield.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
SunnyErnie
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Mon 04 Jul 2022 5:29pm

Wrong, wrong and wrong.

To be successful in this league you need multiple A-grade mids, and we only have one at the moment, and IMO Bytel and Byrnes aren't looking like they'll reach that level, Owens and Windhager have shown flashes but who knows.

We need to bring in a player/s who's already proved how good they are.

A gun midfield makes the talls at either end look much better. To improve our backline we need to get a better midfield.
Sorry Dud, I don't agree. Now that Howard is injured, if Joyce gets injured as well we will be in a world of hurt. I would not be writing off Bytel and Byrnes just yet. They have both been impacted by Covid and Bytel has also been impacted by injuries. We have enough midfielders already (for the time being). This off season we would be derelict in our duty if we didn't enquire about Harris Andrews and or Ben McKay.

Note. If we didn't have Joyce to come in this week, who would you play on Lobb (207cms)? Battle (193cms), Lienert (195cms), Highmore (193cms) or Wilkie (191cms). And remember, the game against Freo is under the roof at Marvel so no wind and no rain.

I'm glad I'm not part of the selection committee.

NeXus
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Ah. no.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

[quote="Darth Vader" post_id=1965385 time=1656821392 user_id=20296]
[quote=SunnyErnie post_id=1965383 time=1656819945 user_id=23727]
It’s obvious to me when Dougal gets injured we are in a lot of strife. If Andrews ever becomes available I would ask our top 10 paid players to take a 10% pay cut and the next 10 highest paid players to take a 7.5% pay cut. Then I would make Andrews an offer to good to refuse.

[/quote]

Great idea but he has a surname for a first name so no good.

Suggest we ring up Weitering and ask him to come to us for nothing.
[/quote]

He has a surname I can’t support

SunnyErnie
Club Player

saynta wrote: Mon 04 Jul 2022 7:57pm

Ah. no.
Typical crap answer!!!

NeXus
happy feet
Club Player

SunnyErnie wrote: Mon 04 Jul 2022 9:18pm
saynta wrote: Mon 04 Jul 2022 7:57pm

Ah. no.
Typical crap answer!!!
What do you expect in response to a crap O.P.?

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Wrong, wrong and wrong.

We are dictated by who is on the market, hence I think you will find this year it will be mids given the amount of free agents & OOC midfielders eg Amon & Taranto. Perhaps like last year we can look at another key position defender later in the draft? I doubt very much Andrews leaves Brisbane & McKay if he was to leave it would be to play with his twin brother.

Plus at some stage we are going to have to look at bringing in another AFL ready ruckman?

SunnyErnie
Club Player

Impatient Sainter wrote: Mon 04 Jul 2022 9:38pm

Wrong, wrong and wrong.

We are dictated by who is on the market, hence I think you will find this year it will be mids given the amount of free agents & OOC midfielders eg Amon & Taranto. Perhaps like last year we can look at another key position defender later in the draft? I doubt very much Andrews leaves Brisbane & McKay if he was to leave it would be to play with his twin brother.

Plus at some stage we are going to have to look at bringing in another AFL ready ruckman?
I reckon we will be ok with our rucks. Ryder is playing on next year and Heath will be ready to play next year. Plus Hayes will be back as well and Campbell is there also

NeXus
Saints58
Club Player

Did that with Oscar Adams who is injured right now was playing ok at sandy

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Saw Oscar Adams a few times

He is the player furtherest away from VFL standard (let alone AFL) and that includes Allison and Heath.

He is built like a twig and can’t really run.

Gets two years on the list to show a bit.

Allison was a mistake - he is poor
Last edited by B.M on Wed 06 Jul 2022 8:18am, edited 1 time in total.