Eddy Gone?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

I make special mention of the forum's pet pest and he doesn't even have the balls to post on this thread, instead he has a go at your's truly in the Oppo Forum.

JPBFC you are weak as piss!!

EDIT: this post was meant for another thread my bad you are still weak as piss JPBFC!

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

he contributed well both finals leading up to the gf. had a forgettable gf and gf rematch.

perhaps lyon is trying cut back on the fringe players we have. will be interesting to see if guys like mcqualter will still be around as well.
Last edited by Sainternist on Fri 12 Nov 2010 2:49am, edited 1 time in total.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Robert Eddy will be redrafted by St Kilda.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
ChicagoSaint
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:Robert Eddy will be redrafted by St Kilda.
big call i'd be prepared to suggest that he's not in berbakovs plans.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

So, the reasonings behing this are?

Other than shoot the kids confidence down, why on earth would they take this path?

Not like he isn't a good honest trier, or has a bad work ethic surely?

Ice Wolf
Club Player

SainterK wrote:
So, the reasonings behing this are?

Other than shoot the kids confidence down, why on earth would they take this path?

Not like he isn't a good honest trier, or has a bad work ethic surely?
Maybe he asked to be delisted to try and get picked up by another club where he would have more opportunity, with St Kilda promising to pick him up back up if no one takes him.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Not likely. He is already looking at GWS and GC so that suggests we didnt give him much if any hope of being redrafted.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Ice Wolf wrote:
Maybe he asked to be delisted to try and get picked up by another club where he would have more opportunity, with St Kilda promising to pick him up back up if no one takes him.
more opportunity? hes had a dream run and received most favoured son status under lyon. cant imagine other clubs/coaches being so accommodating.

cant knock his fitness and endeavour and ticker and courage. hes a real genuine goer.

but footy is cut throat at the top. high turnovers of afl lists. sooner or later u need to get a kick. sooner really.

saintphantom
Club Player

Will say I was surprised. Thought he showed a bit in both GF's. Was by no means the worst on the ground (come in Milne and Kozi).

May not be the most skilled but has a big ticker. Unlike Kozi has skill but no ticker.

For the future the wrong player was delisted.

Eric Bana Saints Supporter 'Says it all'

'big fucker passes it to the little Fucker, then back to the...f*** I hate it when they do that'
Ice Wolf
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Ice Wolf wrote:
more opportunity? hes had a dream run and received most favoured son status under lyon. cant imagine other clubs/coaches being so accommodating.

cant knock his fitness and endeavour and ticker and courage. hes a real genuine goer.

but footy is cut throat at the top. high turnovers of afl lists. sooner or later u need to get a kick. sooner really.
I meant more opportunity in that Lyon etc might have told him that he was behind Steven, Armitage, Geary etc in his plans, so he has a chance of going to a club where he has a greater chance of being in the best 22

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Football is a funny game isn't it.....

Still remember that tackle in the final quarter near the boundary line in the first grand final. Lovely kick at goal hits the post. Kick it and he is a hero.....

Thanks munster

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

On Eddy...

* Selection for the GF in 2010 and

* Selection to be on our list in 2011 are two entirely different things.

Whilst you might play a player in the H&A to give him experience etc...in the GF you are only trying to win that game...the future is not a concern.

Eddy, as most are saying, most likely got the nod as we had a few injured players, or at least injured in the latter part of the year which affected their match readieness.

His time at the club was as a fringe player, and he never quite progressed enough to become a regular 22 player.

No problem giving him a go...but the club has to keep churning through the list.

Armo and Steven will be in the hot seat next year...improve...or risk the axe at seasons end. Less so for Steven though.

Geary too.....though Geary has shown that he can win a lot of ball, but he now needs to grow as a player and use it better.

Raph will need to play a full season, otherwise his continued injury run will see him shown the door as well.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Sat 13 Nov 2010 3:19pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Still I just cant understand how Eddy can go from playing two GF's in a week, thereby in the top 22 on the list to being delisted.

Really very very strange.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Still I just cant understand how Eddy can go from playing two GF's in a week, thereby in the top 22 on the list to being delisted.

That has been my point all along. Either our selection committee needs a kick up the arse or our list manager does. i know people have roles in GF"s but he hasnt even had another game after 2 in a row. They even picked him when he had an injury coming into both games.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Still I just cant understand how Eddy can go from playing two GF's in a week, thereby in the top 22 on the list to being delisted.

Well it is strange yes...

But in the GF he was top 22 of the available list for the finals...not the whole list.

The thing about drafting and recruiting...is that you only get to do it in the one period each year...and at that point you have to make your calls on the list going forward.

So in 2011..players like Heyne, Smith, Steven, Armo may all be given a chance...that means hard calls on others....and Eddy got the short straw.

I would see it that the list management decision is that some of the above group may have a higher upside than Eddy.

Maybe they are right, maybe wrong.....one thing I do know if some players are to come into the 22 then others have to go out. Only 22 can play each week.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Don't worry, he will be redrafted.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Don't worry, he will be redrafted.
Certainly not what he thinks. Can I ask how you would know?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

That has been my point all along. Either our selection committee needs a kick up the arse or our list manager does. i know people have roles in GF"s but he hasnt even had another game after 2 in a row. They even picked him when he had an injury coming into both games.
Was it about match fitness then, broken jaw but the ability to still run out a game?

An advantage he probably had over Geary, Armo and Steven?

Dunno.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Was it about match fitness then, broken jaw but the ability to still run out a game?

An advantage he probably had over Geary, Armo and Steven?

Dunno.
I suppose the question is whether a big tank with a rattling head on top of it is of more value than a smaller tank supporting a solid head.

That question wouldn't even have been raised if we had've got up but the end result ensures it will continue to be asked for years to come :?

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
It's what I've heard from a reliable source. How would you know what Robert Eddy thinks?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
It's what I've heard from a reliable source. How would you know what Robert Eddy thinks?
I'd just like to go on record as saying I have absolutely no idea as to what Robert Eddy or St Kilda intend doing :wink:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
I have vocal cords what about you? Is it the same source that rested Joey and dropped Zac this season?

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
I have vocal cords what about you? Is it the same source that rested Joey and dropped Zac this season?
Don't remember joey being rested this year. Was Zac dropped?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Ka-ching 8-)

saintly
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
well plugger wrong again!