Changes next week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Changes next week

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:I'm certainly not saying he wasn't trying and if he's coming off an injury we're not aware of then it's of course perfectly fair enough that he's had a slow start, but if you're going to be rolling your eyes you might want to be bit more accurate.
Not sure what is inaccurate about
dragit wrote:he had exactly the same stats as Lenny, but everyone seems to be able to tell that he is just not trying that hard
?
The game was effectively over after 15 minutes so I don't think it is accurate to say that it was in the balance in the 3rd quarter.
I'm not saying that Joey's touches or effort were as effective as Lenny's, but there does seem to be some real resentment towards him… I only refer to Lenny as he can do no wrong in many's eyes, a complete contrast to Leigh who gets 25 touches, 5-6 tackles and people want him dropped…
Last week Montagna had Kane Cornes, one of the best taggers going, again he and Lenny both had 16 touches…
People often cite Joey's quiet finals but if you mention the handful of quiet ones Lenny has put in, people disappear from the conversation.
Lenny is heart & soul obviously and offers more than the stats, but Leigh is a genuine gun who is maligned on here it's ridiculous. Add that to the myth that he is only an outside player, when he one of the higher contested ball players in the league…
Don't hear too much complaint about Hayes or Hodge getting involved with the media, why would you single him out for his interest in pursuing a media career… just bizarre.

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

dragit wrote:
AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:I'm certainly not saying he wasn't trying and if he's coming off an injury we're not aware of then it's of course perfectly fair enough that he's had a slow start, but if you're going to be rolling your eyes you might want to be bit more accurate.
dragit wrote:he had exactly the same stats as Lenny, but everyone seems to be able to tell that he is just not trying that hard
?
The game was effectively over after 15 minutes so I don't think it is accurate to say that it was in the balance in the 3rd quarter.
I'm not saying that Joey's touches or effort were as effective as Lenny's, but there does seem to be some real resentment towards him… I only refer to Lenny as he can do no wrong in many's eyes, a complete contrast to Leigh who gets 25 touches, 5-6 tackles and people want him dropped…
Last week Montagna had Kane Cornes, one of the best taggers going, again he and Lenny both had 16 touches…
People often cite Joey's quiet finals but if you mention the handful of quiet ones Lenny has put in, people disappear from the conversation.
Lenny is heart & soul obviously and offers more than the stats, but Leigh is a genuine gun who is maligned on here it's ridiculous. Add that to the myth that he is only an outside player, when he one of the higher contested ball players in the league…
Don't hear too much complaint about Hayes or Hodge getting involved with the media, why would you single him out for his interest in pursuing a media career… just bizarre.
Disagree.

Goes missing when needed most against the top teams, especially in finals.

Do me a favour, before you rant and rave... Watch his game against hawthorn in round 5 or 6 , and if he is in the top half dozen players, I will sincerely apologise.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

tweedaletomanning wrote:
dragit wrote:
?
Disagree.

Goes missing when needed most against the top teams, especially in finals.

Do me a favour, before you rant and rave... Watch his game against hawthorn in round 5 or 6 , and if he is in the top half dozen players, I will sincerely apologise.

So what should we do with Joey? He is on our list. He is a star and we dont have any better options.

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Wait, Polo cant kick and has poor awareness?

Why is even playing AFL football?

What is going on here..so many want him in the side? surely give one of the younger guys another go.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Polo's very average, and has no upside. I'd prefer to play someone who has the potential to improve our team on last season.

andolater

The only quiet player has been Cripps.

Out Cripps
In Ledger

Emerg Polo

Let Ledge prove how hard he is at it and a better user than Polo.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Ralphy wrote:IN
Gram,Polo
OUTS
not sure at this stage Id like newnes to stay in but unlikely...

gram is still 2 weeks away i think. and maybe he should come back through the reserves.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

tweedaletomanning wrote: Do me a favour, before you rant and rave... Watch his game against hawthorn in round 5 or 6 , and if he is in the top half dozen players, I will sincerely apologise.
Not on your life, I absolutely love rattling on about my version of footy truths, I can barely go a day, let alone 3-4 weeks without some ridiculous rant…

What might be better is that just skip over my posts or pop me on your foe list :D

I dare say that if he is in our best 6 players against Hawthorn you will be pretty quiet, god forbid he only gets 25 or so kicks., lazy biatch…

SACK HIM NOW!!!

defacto
Club Player

saintly wrote:
Ralphy wrote:IN
Gram,Polo
OUTS
not sure at this stage Id like newnes to stay in but unlikely...

gram is still 2 weeks away i think. and maybe he should come back through the reserves.
i'd be extremely disapointed if gram is a walk up start. although he's on the pay packet that says he is a walk up start

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

not necessarily my opinion
ill just say the coach seems to LOVE polo.
so dont be surprised if hes in.

no way gram is a walk up. last good game was in 2009 gf? 30 months ago?

saintbob
SS Life Member

No changes, except Cripps to start in the vest.

Newnes into the midfield rotation and Ledger to run off the half back line.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

im never sure if these threads are meant to be

"what you THINK the changes will be"

or
"what you would LIKE the changes to be"

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:im never sure if these threads are meant to be

"what you THINK the changes will be"

or
"what you would LIKE the changes to be"
ya mean there's there's a difference?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Gram has received brownlow medal votes 4 times since the 2009 grand final.....averaged 23 possessions per game and 2.5 tackles....

Individual games of note
Round 18 2010...... 35 pos, 2 goals, 2tackles vs Ess
Round 20 2010....... 34 pos, 4 tackles
Round 3 2011......... 33 pos, 1 goal
Round 17 2011....... 31pos, 1 tackles

This rubbish that the last good game he played for us was the 09 GF needs to be put to bed...

Has played 38 games in that time......injury interrupted in 2010 missing 6 ......he has Had more than 20 touches in 25 of those games, in a couple of them he was injured mid game.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Gram has received brownlow medal votes 4 times since the 2009 grand final.....averaged 23 possessions per game and 2.5 tackles....

Individual games of note
Round 18 2010...... 35 pos, 2 goals, 2tackles vs Ess
Round 20 2010....... 34 pos, 4 tackles
Round 3 2011......... 33 pos, 1 goal
Round 17 2011....... 31pos, 1 tackles

This rubbish that the last good game he played for us was the 09 GF needs to be put to bed...

Has played 38 games in that time......injury interrupted in 2010 missing 6 ......he has Had more than 20 touches in 25 of those games, in a couple of them he was injured mid game.
still should come back vias VFL for mine..

“Yeah….nah””
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I agree, most definitely.....and if he doesn't perform in the VFL he doesn't get back.... And schnieder too

Polo, Peake, Ray, jones, clarke, Gram all should be on notice....perform or play twos.....none are a-graders and need to competing for their spot, they don't have a right to a position...

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Unchanged! Unless Schneider is right.. If he is then he can be sub

Polo is and should NOT be in our future plans... He's depth at best

Sobraz
SS Life Member

At full fitness and a few weeks form under his belt, Gram walks into out starting 18... Probably in our best 12...

Sure, initial VFL duties are fine, and he can be frustrating at times, but is easily a required player as the season progresses..

gringo
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
?

He is marked harshly because people expect a good game from him to be 30 possessions and a heap of run into space. He used to be the guy who would run all day and spread. Doesn't seem to have the intensity he once had at the moment. A couple of good games and everyone will forget. If Lenny is still pulling 15 possessions every week at round 15 everyone will be wanting to retire him. Fickle fans what can you do.

People want to play kids but when Cripps isn't an instant star they want him dropped. He will probably take 50 games to be a consistent footy player but that is what you expect from a young guy in development mode.

PJ
SS Life Member

Dropping someone like Cripps shouldn't be seen as a bad thing. Sometimes they need the easier speed to get their hands on the ball and practice what they are being taught. It can be a confidence booster if handled right.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

BigMart wrote:I agree, most definitely.....and if he doesn't perform in the VFL he doesn't get back.... And schnieder too

Polo, Peake, Ray, jones, clarke, Gram all should be on notice....perform or play twos.....none are a-graders and need to competing for their spot, they don't have a right to a position...
Schnieder comes straight back in. We need quality kicks in our team and he is one of them.

Just because he is 27/28 does not mean he is all of a sudden dispensable when he clearly is not. As above, great kicks do not grow on trees at the St. Kilda Football Club.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Cripps swaps with Ledger. That is all.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote:No changes, except Cripps to start in the vest.

Newnes into the midfield rotation and Ledger to run off the half back line.
Agree re Cripps as the sub for two reasons:

(1) to protect his developing body

(2) he was a great impact player as a sub last year, may be a good role at times this year also.

I think Polo matches up well against the Dogs as a hard mature body/ stopper.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
citywest

MCG-Unit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
citywest wrote:Polo is $HIT

Excellent stuff.
Wouldn't bother replying to this poster, it's another version of NeXus Helen, NeXus Nick etc. who has been banned before.....
For crying out loud. Who is this NEXUS person??????????? :evil:

james rose
Club Player

anyone else notice Armo hobbling with a cork? The reason he was moved to the goal square. Be interesting to see how he pulls up.