Armitage

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Armitage

HitTheBoundary wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
BigMart wrote: Besides mentioning the TAPE which you falsely indicated was the basis of my assumptions hat he was injured, you failed to mention that I wrote that I saw the injury, saw him assisted off and saw him CLEARLY limping!!!
Didn't you post a number of times earlier this week that you didn't see the game?
If so, how is it you are now posting that you did?
Interesting (yet unanswered) question.....

In his defence he was talking about 3 games ago. he has since played the 2 next games. I have never seen a player get injured in a game and play the next week. That is a first.

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
HitTheBoundary wrote:
Mr Magic wrote: Didn't you post a number of times earlier this week that you didn't see the game?
Interesting (yet unanswered) question.....
In his defence he was talking about 3 games ago. he has since played the 2 next games. I have never seen a player get injured in a game and play the next week. That is a first.
Thanks for the clarification.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Just an observation - almost ALL elite sporting organisations involving ball sports insist that all players have their ankles strapped, regardless of an injury. It's considered pre-cautionary, and sometimes clubs won't insure the players if they refuse to tape their ankles.

There are injuries and then there are injuries. BigMart if you have played the game, you would know that there is such a thing as carrying an injury. EVERY player that takes to the field would be carrying an injury. Roo has carried an obvious one for 5 years - and yet still managed to be BOG in big finals. It doesn't mean that it stops them playing at 100%. Luke Hodge won the Norm Smith in 08 with broken ribs, Stevie J kicked 4 goals in the 2011 GF with a knee injury that stopped him from training most of the week and would have kept many players out for 4 weeks. Strapping on a player shouldn't automatically be an excuse for a sub par performance nor the fact they are carrying an injury. The player needs to be honest with himself and the club - if he can't perform, tell someone, and they'll rest him. Otherwise he's considered fit and good to go.

Once you are strapped and take to the field you are 100%. I hope so anyway - because I was towelled up by plenty of blokes who had plenty of strapping on them.

elizabethr
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
BigMart wrote: Besides mentioning the TAPE which you falsely indicated was the basis of my assumptions hat he was injured, you failed to mention that I wrote that I saw the injury, saw him assisted off and saw him CLEARLY limping!!!
Didn't you post a number of times earlier this week that you didn't see the game?

Not heard of the new fangled invention called "the replay"??

nothing to say
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

St Kilda midfielder David Armitage remains in hospital four days after slashing his knee open in the weekend’s loss to Adelaide.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/l ... z2z5aTOpLf

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
falka
Club Player

Not great, but in a way might give seb a month to step up.

Still remember back to 2011 when Steven got thrown in midfield and showed he was going to be a player.

Go saints

ChelseaGuy
Club Player

Tough break for Armo. Hoping he recovers quickly. Would think a big opportuniyy for Seb Ross.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I don't know who is sending our players back out but Roberton last year was a disgrace. If Armo was sent out when we weren't going to come back anyway it is a disgrace if he was concussed. The players should expect to be looked after.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I don't know who is sending our players back out but Roberton last year was a disgrace. If Armo was sent out when we weren't going to come back anyway it is a disgrace if he was concussed. The players should expect to be looked after.
Agree, hopefully that article is incorrect.

elizabethr
Club Player

He went back out there and still tried his guts out!

nothing to say
stinger
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I don't know who is sending our players back out but Roberton last year was a disgrace. If Armo was sent out when we weren't going to come back anyway it is a disgrace if he was concussed. The players should expect to be looked after.
i agree...if he could see tendons , kneecap, whatever...with concussion to boot...that is flowering disgracefull....we were being pumped anyway....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
Agree, hopefully that article is incorrect.
no it is no incorrect...he had concussion....he got whacked in the head......that's a given...so is his knee...disgraceful imho....

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

P66

So you're not saying taping is irrelevant? You're not say he was not injured?

What exactly are you saying?

And have I read correctly in you saying, you've never seen anyone injured, then play the next week, wrongly? I would suggest it happens often... And sometimes it is costly. Sometimes it is alright...
Eg. Nigel Lappin played in a GF with broken ribs.. Clearly injured, he had numerous jabs and played?

And you can't really comment on my life, you don't know me? So it would be a waste of time writing what you imagine you think it is, because all you know is I follow stk, married with kids, work in education, play and coach sport and live on the bay... And of course get stalked on the Internet by a bloke who follows StK and likes to believe he and only he can have an opinion about anything to do with the joint?!

You're on a high horse plugger, but no one on SS thinks you should be, except of course you... With the self proclaimed importance

You answered every point.... Poorly

falka
Club Player

Does this happen in every thread these days?

Seriously these 2 need their own thread.

Saints94
SS Life Member

falka wrote:Does this happen in every thread these days?

Hahaha so funny cause its true!!

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Saints94 wrote:

Hahaha so funny cause its true!!

Quiet you two are ruining their thread.

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

It is their own thread.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:P66

And have I read correctly in you saying, you've never seen anyone injured, then play the next week, wrongly? I would suggest it happens often... And sometimes it is costly. Sometimes it is alright...
Eg. Nigel Lappin played in a GF with broken ribs.. Clearly injured, he had numerous jabs and played?

And you can't really comment on my life, you don't know me? So it would be a waste of time writing what you imagine you think it is, because all you know is I follow stk, married with kids, work in education, play and coach sport and live on the bay... And of course get stalked on the Internet by a bloke who follows StK and likes to believe he and only he can have an opinion about anything to do with the joint?!

You're on a high horse plugger, but no one on SS thinks you should be, except of course you... With the self proclaimed importance

eddy played injured in the 2010 grandfinal replay........i think everybody knows how sick dawson was the year before....as a teen i was in the saints rooms many many times both before games and at half time .....couldn't count the number of players i saw given pain killer injections.....if plugger is saying that players don't play injured...then that's crap......

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

eddy played injured in the 2010 grandfinal replay........i think everybody knows how sick dawson was the year before....as a teen i was in the saints rooms many many times both before games and at half time .....couldn't count the number of players i saw given pain killer injections.....if plugger is saying that players don't play injured...then that's crap......

I actually said most if not all players arent 100% fit.

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

stinger wrote:

P66 quotes, taken from earlier posts in this thread;

"Its obvious that no player in the AFL is probably 100%."

"He may not be 100% but im doubting many if any players are 100% after about 2 games of footy."

"Im sure Armo isnt 100%. Im sure Lenny isnt, Im sure Rooy and Joey arent."

Yet despite these repeated statements, BM wrote "And have I read correctly in you saying, you've never seen anyone injured, then play the next week, wrongly? I would suggest it happens often..."

BM either has serious comprehension problems or is trolling.
I suggest his refusal to quote is so he can make stuff up to prove his own arguments.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Hit the boundary

You missed the point... So be concerned about your ability to comprehend? Or you are trolling? Otherwise why weigh in?

I posted David is injured IMO ... Because of a collision, taping, limping

P66 ... Then argued the point, saying taping is irrelevant... My conclusion is baseless

I then refuted that argument as ridiculous and reiterated it wasn't the only indicator of my conclusion

P66 .... Then changed his argument to say everyone plays injured.... (Which is again ridiculous)... Then conceded David is likely to be injured

I asked .... Why did he argue in the first place

Conclusion
Just a vain attempt to prove me wrong!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Hit the boundary

You missed the point... So be concerned about your ability to comprehend? Or you are trolling? Otherwise why weigh in?

I posted David is injured IMO ... Because of a collision, taping, limping

P66 ... Then argued the point, saying taping is irrelevant... My conclusion is baseless

I then refuted that argument as ridiculous and reiterated it wasn't the only indicator of my conclusion

P66 .... Then changed his argument to say everyone plays injured.... (Which is again ridiculous)... Then conceded David is likely to be injured

I asked .... Why did he argue in the first place

Conclusion
Just a vain attempt to prove me wrong!

No that is a lie. You said Armo was clearly injured and then your next post said he wasnt 100%. You were one who changed your mind. I said strapping for SOME players can be for confidence.

defacto
Club Player

True Believer wrote:Sorry to interrupt on what is apparently your personal blog here BM
nailed it

defacto
Club Player

should just rename saintsational to bigmart vs plugger vs any other walk up contender

matrix
Saintsational Legend

seriously you two ruin nearly every f****** thread around here with the my dick knows more about footy than your dick crap

good lord
troll bait bite troll bait bite
you do it to each other daily and must truly love the attention you give each other while trying to prove the other one wrong

no wonder we give you both shite at the sight of the first numpty comment one of you make :roll: