Petracca

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Re: Petracca

plugger66 wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:
stinger wrote:reads like something plugga wrote..... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Not true Sting...

sure, some 'interesting' word choices, but that article used correct punctuation and spelling. :wink:
Now you are working with Stinger. Wow.
Yes they are all against you P66. Victim mentality much?

Missing BigMart to bitch with? He is over at BigFooty, but please dont come over there, it hasn't be wrecked by people in constant pissing contests.
Do you honestly think im upset? BM you were better when were the other nic. I laugh at many people. The new BM is funny. Victim mentality. Hilarious. I cant stop smiling as I write this. I will guess you are growling as you read this. I suppose the other option is to change my nic so people think im actually a different person. By the way I don't care if the other BM is here or not. Maybe you do as you mentioned him. Its been a fun day. A wake and now this stuff.

The funny thing is 2 people mention me but im the bad guy. Weird. And very inconsistent.
From you reply I can tell you are very upset.

You are upset at Dave because you didn't agree with him during the draft period, you are upset at jaxons and tony74 because they steal your thunder you are upset at anyone that doesn't conform to your views.

Very strange to start accusing posters of working with each other. Sounds a bit paranoid. and to sit in front of your computer laughing to yourself sounds a little deranged if the truth is told.

Then to go on some sort of rant about old and new nics makes it sound like you are a bit threatened and also that there is more than a modicml of truth.

Oh P66 Like citywest, it wouldn't make a difference if you changed your nic or not, your posting style is so obvious and easily recognised. One of antagonism, contrarism, and petty jealousies.

Also you couldn't change your nic, you would lose your post count and that would be devestating :wink:

Have a nice time laughing to yourself and squabbling with everyone, you are so good at it :D

Oh on track of the OP, Petracca is very good.
2 people steal my thunder. Now that is funny. I did hear things years ago but don't now. I couldn't be less upset. The working with each other was a joke. You do understand humour don't you BM? Similar to a guy who changed his nic and now threatens people with warnings if they use the old nic. Its called one big joke. And you are right I about changing my nic as we can see that you changing your nic has changed your style. It just proves what I have said all along about you BM. The person who is writes on the computer is actually real so changing your nic doesn't change who you are.

Anyway I stand by what I said. I couldn't be less upset about people having a go at me otherwise why would I comment provocatively a lot of the time. What I do know is you get upset easily. That's you the real person who types because you the real person who types changed his nic because you was embarrassed after saying he would never post on here again. So instead of just telling people you changed your mind like 99% of others you change your nic and threaten people who call you the old nic with warnings. Couldn't get more childish but that's only my opinion.

But to the topic anyway. Cant comment on Petracca as I have seen him in 2 games on TV against kids his own age. Hope is is the next Judd or Hodge.
Actually Pluggs, we are all working together... for you. :idea:

Now, looking at your post above:
Grammar... tick.
Spelling... tick.
A couple of little typos... irrelevant.

Sometimes it just takes a bit of 'tough love'. :D

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:
stinger wrote:reads like something plugga wrote..... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Not true Sting...

sure, some 'interesting' word choices, but that article used correct punctuation and spelling. :wink:
Now you are working with Stinger. Wow.
Yes they are all against you P66. Victim mentality much?

Missing BigMart to bitch with? He is over at BigFooty, but please dont come over there, it hasn't be wrecked by people in constant pissing contests.
Do you honestly think im upset? BM you were better when were the other nic. I laugh at many people. The new BM is funny. Victim mentality. Hilarious. I cant stop smiling as I write this. I will guess you are growling as you read this. I suppose the other option is to change my nic so people think im actually a different person. By the way I don't care if the other BM is here or not. Maybe you do as you mentioned him. Its been a fun day. A wake and now this stuff.

The funny thing is 2 people mention me but im the bad guy. Weird. And very inconsistent.
From you reply I can tell you are very upset.

You are upset at Dave because you didn't agree with him during the draft period, you are upset at jaxons and tony74 because they steal your thunder you are upset at anyone that doesn't conform to your views.

Very strange to start accusing posters of working with each other. Sounds a bit paranoid. and to sit in front of your computer laughing to yourself sounds a little deranged if the truth is told.

Then to go on some sort of rant about old and new nics makes it sound like you are a bit threatened and also that there is more than a modicml of truth.

Oh P66 Like citywest, it wouldn't make a difference if you changed your nic or not, your posting style is so obvious and easily recognised. One of antagonism, contrarism, and petty jealousies.

Also you couldn't change your nic, you would lose your post count and that would be devestating :wink:

Have a nice time laughing to yourself and squabbling with everyone, you are so good at it :D

Oh on track of the OP, Petracca is very good.
2 people steal my thunder. Now that is funny. I did hear things years ago but don't now. I couldn't be less upset. The working with each other was a joke. You do understand humour don't you BM? Similar to a guy who changed his nic and now threatens people with warnings if they use the old nic. Its called one big joke. And you are right I about changing my nic as we can see that you changing your nic has changed your style. It just proves what I have said all along about you BM. The person who is writes on the computer is actually real so changing your nic doesn't change who you are.

Anyway I stand by what I said. I couldn't be less upset about people having a go at me otherwise why would I comment provocatively a lot of the time. What I do know is you get upset easily. That's you the real person who types because you the real person who types changed his nic because you was embarrassed after saying he would never post on here again. So instead of just telling people you changed your mind like 99% of others you change your nic and threaten people who call you the old nic with warnings. Couldn't get more childish but that's only my opinion.

But to the topic anyway. Cant comment on Petracca as I have seen him in 2 games on TV against kids his own age. Hope is is the next Judd or Hodge.
Actually Pluggs, we are all working together... for you. :idea:

Grammar... tick.
Spelling... tick.

I really couldn't give a stuff how any of that is. Apart from on here I don't ever write on a computer or paper or write period, I actually speak to people and all of that is irrelevant. Maybe you should worry about working together with your family and friends because that's all I care about. The only reason all that other crap is better now is I have a computer who fixes most of it. Probably the same as most others. Grammar and spelling are irrelevant to most peoples understanding of what you are trying to say. People who bring up obviously have little to say on the said topic.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

plugger66 wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:Actually Pluggs, we are all working together... for you. :idea:

Grammar... tick.
Spelling... tick.

I really couldn't give a stuff how any of that is...
Oh, but you do too. :wink:

Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:Actually Pluggs, we are all working together... for you. :idea:

Grammar... tick.
Spelling... tick.

I really couldn't give a stuff how any of that is...
Oh, but you do too. :wink:
You don't read people well, well certainly not me. You couldn't be more wrong. Well you could. I have seen some of the things you have written.

Saintberra
Club Player

31/ 80 posts are related to discussing Petracca... Is this a rather common feat?

I usually come on to enjoy reading updates about players and poster's opinions on the player - not of other posters on this forum.

Quite a disappointment when all I see on a new page of a thread is personal insults.

Regardless, my opinion is that Petracca is an all out gun. People often compare highlights of those about to be drafted with that of current players. When you compare his highlights to current gun's highlights when they were at his age, you'd be quite impressed with what this kid has to offer. It would be quite surprising if we did not pick him up, especially with Membrey being added to the squad in the upcoming weeks.

He's also a friend of McKenzie, so perhaps they would motivate each other to work harder if both were to be drafted? I'd also like to know who would mentor Petracca - I'd assumed it would be Armo? (considering Billings and Dunstan are a bit too young)

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

It's a good question - we very quickly run out of mentors!

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Puff piece on the AFL website. The AFL is not afraid of hype. To be taken with several truckloads of salt. I remember they also tried to claim Pendles turned his back on his 'NBA dream'.

Now anyone who knows even the slightest thing about the NBA knows the chances of someone like Petracca or Pendles making it are almost zero. Anyway enjoy!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-20/w ... -nba-dream

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Puff piece on the AFL website. The AFL is not afraid of hype. To be taken with several truckloads of salt. I remember they also tried to claim Pendles turned his back on his 'NBA dream'.

Now anyone who knows even the slightest thing about the NBA knows the chances of someone like Petracca or Pendles making it are almost zero. Anyway enjoy!

Everything on the AFL site could be described as a puff piece.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Saintberra wrote:31/ 80 posts are related to discussing Petracca... Is this a rather common feat?

I usually come on to enjoy reading updates about players and poster's opinions on the player - not of other posters on this forum.

Quite a disappointment when all I see on a new page of a thread is personal insults.

Regardless, my opinion is that Petracca is an all out gun. People often compare highlights of those about to be drafted with that of current players. When you compare his highlights to current gun's highlights when they were at his age, you'd be quite impressed with what this kid has to offer. It would be quite surprising if we did not pick him up, especially with Membrey being added to the squad in the upcoming weeks.

He's also a friend of McKenzie, so perhaps they would motivate each other to work harder if both were to be drafted? I'd also like to know who would mentor Petracca - I'd assumed it would be Armo? (considering Billings and Dunstan are a bit too young)
Good post! All this quoting & re-quoting just to give or trade insults derails perfectly good threads, much like the PC phantom draft threads. If we were in a pub, the "Take it outside" call would be made so why not PM each other?

Interesting about McKenzie, he seems likely if we don't try for speed & precision kicking & desire a KPP.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

andrewg
Club Player

Gws were willing to trade two top tens for him and I am sure considered 3 so he must have something?

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend

andrewg wrote:Gws were willing to trade two top tens for him and I am sure considered 3 so he must have something?
Makes sense, doesn't it andrew(?) :idea:

andrewg wrote:Gws were willing to trade two top tens for him and I am sure considered 3 so he must have something?
... and now... so do we. :D

saint-stu
Club Player

millarsaint wrote:This period we've lost some big names but I think some new blokes have potential to fill the void.
Lenny - Dunstan
Dal - Billings
Goddard - Newnes
Reiwoldt - Petracca
Milne - Wright
Koschitzke - Tom Lee (intelligently designed to be controversial)
I would have Templeton to fill milneys shoes. Has that X factor and knows how to kick goals. Petracca might be more of a goddard type? And unfortunately I always thought of Rhys as our Kosi replacement.

We still haven't found our next Roo. Hopefully there is some truth to the JC trade rumours next year.

1ac46a38
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Ok - ill have a go at the 'Big 6' just for fun.

Lenny - Dunstan
Dal - Billings
Goddard - Acres
MIlne - Eli
Roo - TBA
Fisher - TBA

So for me we are already 4/6 of the way of replacing our 'Big 6'. No pressure lads :-)

We still need a couple of KPPs in the next 13 months.

spot on
Club Player

There's some highlights of him on afl app today part 3, that I haven't seen yet. Geez he looks amazing player. Looks head and shoulders above pat maccartin . We would be crazy to not pick him. We can buy a tall forward in Years to come

#gosaintas
Club Player

He does look like an absolute jet. Doesn't seem to have too many probs with his kicking. I agree, we'd be mad not to pick him

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote:
Saintberra wrote:31/ 80 posts are related to discussing Petracca... Is this a rather common feat?

Good post! All this quoting & re-quoting just to give or trade insults derails perfectly good threads, much like the PC phantom draft threads. If we were in a pub, the "Take it outside" call would be made so why not PM each other?

Interesting about McKenzie, he seems likely if we don't try for speed & precision kicking & desire a KPP.
agreed
mods shouldve combines plenty of threads and tidied up the main board
an ex mod decided to start a thread on pelch that he was sacked when everyone was discussing it in the thread above it
should know better, and it takes 10 secs to scroll the board to t=check the thread titles
we dont need 5 threads on pelch ffs

Saintberra
Club Player

matrix wrote:
Ghost Like wrote:

agreed
mods shouldve combines plenty of threads and tidied up the main board
an ex mod decided to start a thread on pelch that he was sacked when everyone was discussing it in the thread above it
should know better, and it takes 10 secs to scroll the board to t=check the thread titles
we dont need 5 threads on pelch ffs
Be careful, you might accidently turn this into the 6th thread :wink:

Anyone been reading the articles of Petracca on the AFL website? He seems to have quite a flair of confidence - hopefully he won't be too cocky

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

I am really excited about the prospect of us drafting this kid. WE MUST GET HIM. For us to not get him and chasing a tall forward instead would be synonymous to the Portland Trailblazers not drafting Michael Jordan and for their need at the time of a new power forward.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

saint-stu wrote:
millarsaint wrote:This period we've lost some big names but I think some new blokes have potential to fill the void.
Lenny - Dunstan
Dal - Billings
Goddard - Newnes
Reiwoldt - Petracca
Milne - Wright
I would have Templeton to fill milneys shoes. Has that X factor and knows how to kick goals. Petracca might be more of a goddard type? And unfortunately I always thought of Rhys as our Kosi replacement.

We still haven't found our next Roo. Hopefully there is some truth to the JC trade rumours next year.
Caleb Daniel is the next Milney. Crazy little bee in a bottle helmet man.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
saint-stu wrote:
Lenny - Dunstan
Dal - Billings
Goddard - Newnes
Reiwoldt - Petracca
Milne - Wright

Plays nothing like Milney. He is a pure onballer.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
saint-stu wrote:
Lenny - Dunstan
Dal - Billings
Goddard - Newnes
Reiwoldt - Petracca
Milne - Wright

We would be taking him as a small forward. He's got the same lateral movement and frenetic running up and down on the spot. Not saying he's the same player just similar traits that would transfer over to the role Milne played. Probably more like Brent Harvey if you wanted a more exact comparison.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
saint-stu wrote:
Lenny - Dunstan
Dal - Billings
Goddard - Newnes
Reiwoldt - Petracca
Milne - Wright

We would be taking him as a small forward. He's got the same lateral movement and frenetic running up and down on the spot. Not saying he's the same player just similar traits that would transfer over to the role Milne played. Probably more like Brent Harvey if you wanted a more exact comparison.

Yep more like Harvey when Harvey plays as a mid. Daniel isa pure mid. Just because he is small doesn't make him a small forward.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Has shown himself to be useful around the goals, though.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
ace
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Puff piece on the AFL website. The AFL is not afraid of hype. To be taken with several truckloads of salt. I remember they also tried to claim Pendles turned his back on his 'NBA dream'.

I think it would be more fair to say the NBA turned its' back on Petracca and Pendles as they do on anyone who is not over 2 metres tall.
AFL football has one disgusting reality - if you are not over 180cm tall you have very little chance of playing in the big time.
If you are under 170cm forget it, the game is not designed to allow you to play.

There in lies the one virtue of soccer, height has its advantages but equally small has its' advantages too.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA