We will target Sloane at end of season!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Re: We will target Sloane at end of season!!

SMS wrote:Hear the news we are offering him 1.2m??? That better be bogus.

After thinking about it ... We need to draft the best 22 year olds not 26. Sloane is good very good but not worth more than 700k.

Lets get trelor or sheil this year and keep working towards 2019+
Honestly we're quite capable of throwing that kind of money around at the moment. We'd be struggling to pay the minimum 95% of the salary cap and if we could snag Sloane on a 5 year deal at 1.2m for two years and 450k after that then I'd be happy. In recent years we've lost Hayes, Dal Santo, Goddard, Milne and Gram who were all on big money and Roo/Fisher/Joey wouldn't be commanding the price they once did. Schneider once was on a big pay packet but couldn't be earning too much now as a rookie. We haven't exactly had any star recruits to take chew up much of this freed up cap space. Steven would have a very heatlhy, front ended contract, Armo will have a nice increase when he next signs and Bruce will probably triple his pay but there would still be plenty of space to throw money at a recruit.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:Sloane in all probability wont leave, but for people on here to suggest to first round picks is bordinging on trolling.

For a start IF Sloane was around at seasons end he is OOC, so Crows can ask for ten first rounders but are in no bargaining position.

Secondly the club has stated not in public that our first pick wont be in a trade for a Sloane type.

So a bit of knowledge before going off half cocked citywest. Or maybe you want us to trade Armo and Steven for him

There are plenty of OOC players who get full value because these days 2 things usually assure that happens, clubs don't want to do the dirty on each other and players don't want to do the dirty on their previous club. It would take a first rounder. There is no way a pick 19 or above would get Sloane.

yes but adelaide cant demand anything like they could if ge was contacted. Thats my point. Its a hypothetical thatas all

You are garbage - Enough said
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

where has it been stated we are offering 1.2m?

“Yeah….nah””
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Do whatever we need to get Treloar. He's the one. A goal-kicking, tough-as-nails, in-and-under type who has pace to burn? And is 22? We go for him with everything we've got to make this statement fall apart:

"It's really important in 50 years time that we can look back and say we were the ones who set the foundation and there's a lot of players here that I reckon will re-sign in the next couple of weeks," Treloar said.

That said, Sloane is a heck of a player. That he's a St Kilda fan doesn't hurt at all. Want to get him, just don't want to sell the farm.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Do whatever we need to get Treloar. He's the one. A goal-kicking, tough-as-nails, in-and-under type who has pace to burn? And is 22? We go for him with everything we've got to make this statement fall apart:

"It's really important in 50 years time that we can look back and say we were the ones who set the foundation and there's a lot of players here that I reckon will re-sign in the next couple of weeks," Treloar said.

That said, Sloane is a heck of a player. That he's a St Kilda fan doesn't hurt at all. Want to get him, just don't want to sell the farm.

Can anyone explain this saints fan thing? My guess is Sloane loves Adelaide and his whole family follow them. He may leave but who he followed 7 years ago would have bugger to do with it IMO of course. If that's the case why didn't Lenny or Rooy leave?

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Sloane's dad was wearing a Saints scarf at the game on Saturday so his allegiances haven't changed!

I personally think that Rory will end up re-signing for 2 years & we might be back in the mix in 2017 to add him as a 28 year old free agent as we climb back into contention.

Shiel is the primary target IMO... I think Treloar has publicly stated his commitment to the fake plastic club often enough that he will look like a Ball like Judas if he leaves.

Kernal75
Club Player

Here's a thought. Our list strategy was to stockpile 10 first round picks over 3 years starting in 2012. By my calculations that means 2015 is the last year of that strategy. Let's stay the course ,stockpile the picks (or as close to as possible) and draft the best talent in the next couple of years. Once we've done all that we can swoop on a players when we are close to playing finals. Forget chasing any free agents or OOC players at this stage.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

I have a feeling that worse comes to worse we will probably be looking at Jack Watts. Not sure I would be thrilled with that but can't see Watts staying at Melbourne.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Agree with tageting Shiel or Treloar, and hoping Rory signs for two years and in 2018 we have the chance to snare him under FA

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
james rose
Club Player

magnifisaint wrote:I have a feeling that worse comes to worse we will probably be looking at Jack Watts. Not sure I would be thrilled with that but can't see Watts staying at Melbourne.
If we can get him for a third round pick I'd be thrilled.

I'd probably almost be content if we got him for our second round pick.

25 next year- 29 in 2020.

Talented.

Finished top 10 in demons b&F last year.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

james rose wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:I have a feeling that worse comes to worse we will probably be looking at Jack Watts. Not sure I would be thrilled with that but can't see Watts staying at Melbourne.
If we can get him for a third round pick I'd be thrilled.

I'd probably almost be content if we got him for our second round pick.

25 next year- 29 in 2020.

Talented.

Finished top 10 in demons b&F last year.
Watts will be a free agent anyway I think.

Vazelos
Club Player

Rumour is 4.5 million for 5 years to stay at Crows.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Vazelos wrote:Rumour is 4.5 million for 5 years to stay at Crows.
Overpriced.

Let them pay that and eat up their cap.

We can spend our money better elsewhere.

Vazelos
Club Player

The process was worth it if we put up the price and made the Crows spend more.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Where would Jack Watts play in our side? As a permanent wingman? I'd take him for a third round pick or as a FA.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Vazelos wrote:The process was worth it if we put up the price and made the Crows spend more.
Absolutely agree..

It might pry a Lever or Crouch out in a year or 2. You never know.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:Where would Jack Watts play in our side? As a permanent wingman? I'd take him for a third round pick or as a FA.
Sandringham.. :lol: :wink:

But in all seriousness, I'd also take him as a 3rd rounder, but it has Fiora MkII written all over it in the back of my mind.

I honestly would play him key forward. Get away from this idea that he is a flanker or wingman with his outsideness and pace. Plays to his weaknesses of being on the soft side.

He is 6'5" or near enough. CHF rotating close to goal and go for your bloody marks and roost the thing anywhere from 60.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Back to the draft Sainters! Controversial on here I know but luring a big fish to Seaford will not be easy.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-22/s ... nts-rumour

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Not convinced by that article. Could easily say I'm not going anywhere but fails to. Heard it all before. Still not sure he's staying.

This doesn't convince me he's staying in Adelaide:

"I'm still talking to the footy club, there's just been this whole media circus around it … I haven't entertained other ideas yet, there's obviously stuff you think about when you're an out-of-contract player and that's the stuff you've got to work through.

longtimesaint
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:This doesn't convince me he's staying in Adelaide:

"I'm still talking to the footy club, there's just been this whole media circus around it … I haven't entertained other ideas yet, there's obviously stuff you think about when you're an out-of-contract player and that's the stuff you've got to work through.
Sounds reminiscent of BJ in 2012

One year will be our year
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Even if he does leave Adelaide do we really want to give up pick 5 for a 26 year old? No is my simple answer. We can get a 26 year for nothing in FA if we really want one.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Old Mate wrote:This doesn't convince me he's staying in Adelaide:

Such a misleading heading. To say you haven't entertained ideas yet, means it's still well and truly up in the air. If anything, it has poured cold water on the rumour he has signed with Adelaide!

It's unlikely, but he is hardly going to come out and say, yeah, I'll probably ask to be traded to St Kilda at years end.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

It still gets back to him being contracted...so we could only get him if we gave up a lot....and we do not a have a lot that we can give up!!!!!!!!!

So a FA will be much better for us. Much better.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Sun 24 May 2015 3:24pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

saintsRrising wrote:It still gets bacl to him being contracted...so we could only get him if we gace up a lot....and we do not a havea lot that we can give up!!!!!!!!!

Soa FA will be much better for us. Much better.
Tend to agree. We'd want Danger compo for our first, top 3 is way too much to give up.

For sure, FA is the best way and Hanners next year could be that - but beggars cant be choosers and I would happily accept any a grade talent to the club.

Ill be watching Vic Country tomorrow though so to get a super mid isnt such a bad consolation prize if we dont get an a grade mid traded to us

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!