Do you want us to beat Melbourne?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Do you want us to beat Melbourne?

Poll ended at Mon 27 Jul 2015 6:08pm

Yes, I want us to win.
88%
No, I want us to lose.
12%

Total votes: 68

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Do you want us to beat Melbourne?

Those 7 losers must be pissed off we won today. Better than losing. Don't give a stuff about November yet.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

hmm those 7 posters want the best for the club.
ok here we go again...
your turn.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:hmm those 7 posters want the best for the club.
ok here we go again...
your turn.

Yep and best for the club in the clubs opinion is winning based on how we are selecting sides. I feel for the 7 losers. They always live in hope of something that may never happen.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
ok here we go again...
your turn.

Yep and best for the club in the clubs opinion is winning based on how we are selecting sides. I feel for the 7 losers. They always live in hope of something that may never happen.
something that may never happen ??? wow..you really are starting to get it. Well done mate :)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
ok here we go again...
your turn.

something that may never happen ??? wow..you really are starting to get it. Well done mate :)

I wonder who the other 6 who wanted to lose were. Must be a strange feeling being upset after a win.

longtimesaint
Club Player

I think it's been clear that losing to obtain an earlier draft pick is a flawed policy.
Number 5 or 6 can finish up as good as 1 - take 2013 draft would you rather have Bontempeli (4) or Josh Kelly (1)
Look at Jack Watts and consider Montagna at 31, Newnes 41 and Lonie 37
Clever drafting is what we require with whatever number we have.
Wins also means confidence and members and sponsors next year.
Better finances mean a top free agent when the time is right.

One year will be our year
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
ok here we go again...
your turn.

I wonder who the other 6 who wanted to lose were. Must be a strange feeling being upset after a win.
The only feelings I have is what is best for the club..am I upsetting you ?

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

longtimesaint wrote:I think it's been clear that losing to obtain an earlier draft pick is a flawed policy.
Number 5 or 6 can finish up as good as 1 - take 2013 draft would you rather have Bontempeli (4) or Josh Kelly (1)
Look at Jack Watts and consider Montagna at 31, Newnes 41 and Lonie 37
Clever drafting is what we require with whatever number we have.
Wins also means confidence and members and sponsors next year.
Better finances mean a top free agent when the time is right.
or we go with the odds and get a high pick that will take a player that is highly rated..increases the odds in our favor, no brainer, and at the end of the day it's all a gamble which is why punters search out the best booky at the gallops..

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:

Not at all. We won today. Im happy because I wanted to win. Im worried how upset the 7 losers are though. Its funny that the club seem to want to win as well. Just got a feeling they know whats better than people who voted to lose today.

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Hey Fireman, yeah it would be great to draft some great kids (and I hope we do)

But when I'm at the game, wearing red, white and black, I just can't help myself. I really want St Kilda to win.

I'm sorry, I can't help myself, I just love St Kilda winning.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Toy Saint wrote:Hey Fireman, yeah it would be great to draft some great kids (and I hope we do)

But when I'm at the game, wearing red, white and black, I just can't help myself. I really want St Kilda to win.

I'm sorry, I can't help myself, I just love St Kilda winning.
your sick ;)

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:

Not at all. We won today. Im happy because I wanted to win. Im worried how upset the 7 losers are though. Its funny that the club seem to want to win as well. Just got a feeling they know whats better than people who voted to lose today.
yes Pluggsy..it's all about who knows better , something that you attempt to convince so many on here that you know better.... of your wide wealth of footy knowledge.
well so if those seven who wanted something better for the club make you upset for them then you are out of touch with or denigrating the differing views of your fellow supporters...which appears to be your modus operandi on here full stop :)
Last edited by The Fireman on Sun 26 Jul 2015 8:35pm, edited 1 time in total.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:

Well I'm upset. Bloody Foxtel IQ didn't work.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

4 pts. Clubs happy. Invaluable experience for the young ones and exposure to the MCG.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:

Well I'm upset. Bloody Foxtel IQ didn't work.
it was on free to air ??

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:

yes Pluggsy..it's all about who knows better , something that you attempt to convince so many on here that you know better.... of your wide wealth of footy knowledge.
well those seven wanted something better for the club so if you are upset for them then you are out of touch or denigrating the differing views of your fellow supporters...which appears to be your modus operandi on here full stop :)

Im just using common sense to suggest the club wanted to win. You seem to be using nothing at all apart from what you want. Who is denigrating their views. I actually feel sorry for them because they wouldn't be happy winning when they hoped we would lose. Unfortunately you like some others have to talk fibs and get personal when you don't get what you want. Its a pity Firey.

Anyway I wanted to beat Melbourne and we did. fact. And great for the club and most supporters today. Love it.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:

well those seven wanted something better for the club so if you are upset for them then you are out of touch or denigrating the differing views of your fellow supporters...which appears to be your modus operandi on here full stop :)

Im just using common sense to suggest the club wanted to win. You seem to be using nothing at all apart from what you want. Who is denigrating their views. I actually feel sorry for them because they wouldn't be happy winning when they hoped we would lose. Unfortunately you like some others have to talk fibs and get personal when you don't get what you want. Its a pity Firey.

Anyway I wanted to beat Melbourne and we did. fact. And great for the club and most supporters today. Love it.
but you feel sorry for them wanting the best for their club.....that is a pity on your part.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:

but you feel sorry for them wanting the best for their club.....that is a pity.

If you can show me just one article where the club want to lose games then I will agree with you but at the moment that is just an opinion that I believe is actually wrong based on the excitement from the club and the side they picked.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:

but you feel sorry for them wanting the best for their club.....that is a pity.

If you can show me just one article where the club want to lose games then I will agree with you but at the moment that is just an opinion that I believe is actually wrong based on the excitement from the club and the side they picked.
??? I thought we were talking about the 7 that you felt sorry for. It was their opinion and what they think is best for the club..why feel sorry for them ?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:I thought we were talking about the 7 that you felt sorry for. It was their opinion and what they think is best for the club..why feel sorry for them ?

And im saying that the club don't think losing is whats best for the club.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:I thought we were talking about the 7 that you felt sorry for. It was their opinion and what they think is best for the club..why feel sorry for them ?

and I'm wondering why you feel sorry for those who want to see the best for the club ?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

and I'm wondering why you feel sorry for those who want to see the best for the club ?

Because we won and it also seems that they are wrong by thinking losing is best for the club as far as the club is concerned anyway. 2 reasons to feel for them. Even had a little cry for them. So sad.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Because we won and it also seems that they are wrong by thinking losing is best for the club as far as the club is concerned anyway. 2 reasons to feel for them. Even had a little cry for them. So sad.
there are so many differing views on here regarding what is thought to be best for the club...you would have to the saddest person on here :)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

there are so many differing views on here regarding what is thought to be best for the club...you would have to the saddest person on here :)

Personal again. Pity. Im not going by what the views on here are about whats best for the club. Im going by what it seems to me are the clubs views and they keep picking sides that are good enough to win. They aren't playing guys out of position. It seems they think winning is whats best for the club.

And im really happy because we won. hardly sad about it except I feel empathy for those who wanted to lose. Its a bad day for them.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

I'm torn about the win.
I'm happy we won but I wanted us to win by over 100 so Roos could get sacked.
Oh well the win was good enough I guess