Round 22 Adam Goodes

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Round 22 Adam Goodes

satchmo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Sorry but I wont keep them to myself if they are said on a public forum and I think its a poor comment. Report me for something if you like. Not sure what though. And I don't care what you say I look like because there is no racism against white people in Australia. And im not beating my own drum. Im saying your comments don't mean a thing when comparing them to Goodes. Look me up on facebook on the Ormond footy site if you are so keen to look at me. I have told you I look like a red faced jew.
Honestly, it's like someone distilled all the stupidity in the world and pumped it into your head.

Why is that? Because your mate said something I think is crap. Yep good one. Debate the topic if you like otherwise your post means jack but you can still say what you want. Its a free country. Luckily someone set you free.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:Please send me the pic so I can make my own observation and if my description of you is close yet unflattering will you get upset ? In meantime keep your interpretations of what I say to yourself. I'm not interested in them unless of course you you are doing this to beat your own drum ? Most on here would agree with the latter :)

Sorry but I wont keep them to myself if they are said on a public forum and I think its a poor comment. Report me for something if you like. Not sure what though. And I don't care what you say I look like because there is no racism against white people in Australia. And im not beating my own drum. Im saying your comments don't mean a thing when comparing them to Goodes. Look me up on facebook on the Ormond footy site if you are so keen to look at me. I have told you I look like a red faced jew.
I would never report you Pluggsy...that's not my go and you are right I have nothing to report ...serial pest is not reportable one here :) ..and there is no racism against white people in Australia...how did you come up with that gem ? racism is a 2 way street no matter where you are..very silly thing to say Pluggsy.

Sorry I missed a couple of vital words. When comparing white people to animals etc. There is nothing you could compare a white person too that is racist. As soon as you mention apes with black people it is racist.
Do you make this stuff up as you go along ? :) Your chest beating and supposed indignation of my comments are going nowhere so annoy someone else ;)

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I think the pragmatic approach is that no-one is going to agree on the subjective rationale for booing. People will give all number of reasons. Booing is part of the game etc etc. In this case, there is some evidence it may be race based, even if that is just for a minority of the booers. If that is the case, its best just to refrain and nip it in the bud.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Tue 28 Jul 2015 5:51pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:Please send me the pic so I can make my own observation and if my description of you is close yet unflattering will you get upset ? In meantime keep your interpretations of what I say to yourself. I'm not interested in them unless of course you you are doing this to beat your own drum ? Most on here would agree with the latter :)

I would never report you Pluggsy...that's not my go and you are right I have nothing to report ...serial pest is not reportable one here :) ..and there is no racism against white people in Australia...how did you come up with that gem ? racism is a 2 way street no matter where you are..very silly thing to say Pluggsy.

Sorry I missed a couple of vital words. When comparing white people to animals etc. There is nothing you could compare a white person too that is racist. As soon as you mention apes with black people it is racist.
Do you make this stuff up as you go along ? :) Your chest beating and supposed indignation of my comments are going nowhere so annoy someone else ;)

I can officially say you don't get racism. I again feel sorry for you and again in a sad way. I hope you are over 60. They have excuses. Dawn Fraser doesn't get it either. Nothing to do with chest beating but if it makes you feel better than say it. I wont tell you to annoy someone else.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

I don't waste my time booing players unless one has flattened a saints player during a match i may be watching .
I've always loved the way Goodes has played and would haved loved to see him playing for us .

What i think his problem is , He or perhaps the swans should have retired him at the end of 2013 .
His last 18 months of football have been hampered by injury and poor form , he is still capable of kicking a good goal or being invovled in a good passage of play but overall he is average at best .
What better way to defect form related questions , bang on about some other issue concerning yourself or the community in general .
The football follower just want to hear about footy footy footy footy and footy with the occassional side issue from there football heroes .
So when one talks about everything other than footy , they are easily put off !

In red white and black from 73
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:I think the pragmatic approach is that no-one is going to agree on the subjective rationale for booing. People will give all number of reasons. Booing is part of the game etc etc. In this case, there is some evidence it may be race based, even if that is just for a minority of the booers. If that is the case, its best just to refrain and nip it in the bud.
will be hard to stop, it has become a fad. Might be a message in it for players of the future...stick to the footy and if they want to take the crowd on except to come back at you.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I can officially say you don't get racism. I again feel sorry for you and again in a sad way. I hope you are over 60. They have excuses. Dawn Fraser doesn't get it either. Nothing to do with chest beating but if it makes you feel better than say it. I wont tell you to annoy someone else.
So I am a racist ?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

So I am a racist ?

I have no idea. I do know you don't get racism though. Why did you mention people said Nick looks like an alpaca? What was the relevance if it wasn't to about Goodes looking like an ape?

lewdogs
Club Player

Can we please not boo Goodes. We're better than that. Seriously, 10 year olds boo. Then we grow up, right?

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

If you boo Adam Goodes in our match against the Swans in Round 22, it'll be seen by the wider community as condoning racism.

Regardless on your thoughts over the matter, let's all show some restraint and not boo him. If all of us (if not, at least a large majority) don't resort to booing Goodes, the end result will be a great reflection on us as supporters of the St.Kilda Football Club. It would be fantastic to not see anything in the press which suggests there are bigots supporting us.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

I have no idea. I do know you don't get racism though. Why did you mention people said Nick looks like an alpaca? What was the relevance if it wasn't to about Goodes looking like an ape?
Now you are making sense.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
satchmo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Honestly, it's like someone distilled all the stupidity in the world and pumped it into your head.

Why is that? Because your mate said something I think is crap. Yep good one. Debate the topic if you like otherwise your post means jack but you can still say what you want. Its a free country. Luckily someone set you free.
No, because it was a most pathetic attempt to bait even for you. We were debating the topic until you started that your usual derailment s***. Is there a thread around here where you haven't tried this?
By the way, what does a "red faced jew" look like? I grew up in the middle of a Jewish community, and I have no idea what that means.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
gringo
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

So I am a racist ?
My cousin is half Indigenous and I have an old school friend who is full blood. My school friend went through uni and became a teacher and worked for years in a role helping struggling kids who are from disadvantaged backgrounds. He got a new manager last year who came in and told him he was on a warning for no reason. He took him aside after he asked why and the guy told him it's because he didn't like the fact he got where he was because he got an armchair ride with free uni and opportunities that weren't given to white people. It wasn't true and this guy actually was just from the era of free uni in Australia. He ended up having to leave after bullying and it's now in the hands of a lawyer. That's the sort of crap Indigenous Australians face. This guy doesn't consider himself racist but has said lots to suggest he believes that he shouldn't have to be dictated to by society and employ someone because they are black. It's a s*** job anyway but he loved it and gets great results. He has people who keep in contact with him an credit him with having made their lives a success.

Anyone that gets prejudged before they enter a shop or goes for a job has more right to be sensitive when they get compared to primates, there were people who tried to say that they were genetically closer to apes and tried to dehumanise them. They weren't citizens with voting rights until 1967. Comparing me to a Llama doesn't hurt me, calling him a monkey does.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
satchmo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

No, because it was a most pathetic attempt to bait even for you. We were debating the topic until you started that your usual derailment s***. Is there a thread around here where you haven't tried this?
By the way, what does a "red faced jew" look like? I grew up in the middle of a Jewish community, and I have know idea what that means.

That is complete crap. We were debating racism and a person comes on here and says people say Nick looks like an Alpaca. it isn't relevant at all what Nick has been told he looks like and if people cant see the difference between a white person looking like an Alpaca and a black person being called an ape then either they don't get racism or if they do then they are racist. It is completely relevant what I said and it is the correct thread. There is no derailing at all. You don't like it because the guy is mate or maybe you also don't get an issue with it.

A red faced jew looks like me. I have no other way I explaining that. Like I said look on facebook if you are that interested. I can assure you my looks are poor and not that interesting.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: will be hard to stop, it has become a fad. Might be a message in it for players of the future...stick to the footy and if they want to take the crowd on except to come back at you.

You honestly believe that is such an important message that needs to be sent?

What if the message is 'Hey black man, know your place in society and dont speak out. We dont want to know."
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Tue 28 Jul 2015 6:24pm, edited 1 time in total.

asaint
Club Player

Shame on anyone that boos him. Most don't even realise they are being racist, too stupid to stop and think. I would be so embarrassed if our supporters booed, in fact I would get up & leave.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
saynta wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
RODOS wrote:There have always been players that just get booed no matter what. Riewoldt used to get booed a lot even up to a few years ago (until everyone accepted him for the champion he is).

Although the booing of adam goodes could have started from that indiscriminate booing of a good opposition player, it's moved into a whole other cluster F*** of reasons.

Racism
Bullying
Booing him because he's a good player
Because everyone else is
Because he's a cheap player/sniper
etc

It's ugly, it's the pack mentality on show, to the point it can't be ignored. I can't pretend I like Goodes, but I've been trained (rightfully so) to dislike almost any player that isn't a saint. But for the people that straight out hate him and dislike his political agenda, I think there's a lack of empathy there for indigenous people in general. They've been through a hell of a lot, and are still doing so today.

Oh and in regards to the term australia day. If my people were on the receiving end of genocide i'd probably struggle not to rain on parades and call it invasion day also.

We aren't seriously suggesting other players have been booed like Goodes. There are many reasons for this and now I think the stupid herd mentality has taken over but there is no doubt one of the reasons is racism. It certainly wasn't his fault he was Australian of the year and it certainly wasn't his fault he was called a gorilla. Could he have handled it better? Probably but it is enough for those with racist feeling in their body to have a reason to boo him.
Never heard that he was called a gorilla before. Is that a news scoop Some other uninformed poster suggested earlier that he was called a monkey. Wrong again. You gotta wish people that want to sprout off their knowledge, would get their facts right first.
During a promotion for 'King Kong the musical', Eddie said something like, "I wonder if Goodesy will be coming down for it."

So in fact he was called a gorrila. Lets not pretend otherwise.
A girl called him an ape. No one called him a gorilla. lets not get cute about that either.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
A red faced jew looks like me. I have no other way I explaining that. Like I said look on facebook if you are that interested. I can assure you my looks are poor and not that interesting.
A bit harsh on yourself. I don't know what you look like but I am sure you have your own charms. Chin up.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:If you boo Adam Goodes in our match against the Swans in Round 22, it'll be seen by the wider community as condoning racism.

Regardless on your thoughts over the matter, let's all show some restraint and not boo him. If all of us (if not, at least a large majority) don't resort to booing Goodes, the end result will be a great reflection on us as supporters of the St.Kilda Football Club. It would be fantastic to not see anything in the press which suggests there are bigots supporting us.
It's being strategically managed as we speak, by the time we play the swans it'll be a grave offence to boo goodes... If you're not ejected, maybe you'll be put up on the big screen and shamed.

Just heard someone calling for all players to do the war dance after they score a goal this weekend... It's only gonna get more absurd, the afl have to win this one and stop it now.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
A girl called him an ape. No one called him a gorilla. lets not get cute about that either.
Does that matter at all? If it does can you explain?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
Eddie inferred he was an ape/gorrila with the King Kong stuff (just after the girl incident). Lets not pretend otherwise and play species semantics of apes v gorrilas.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:Society is becoming too thin skinned...won't be long before we are reduced to thought transfer..then the $hit will hit the fan.

I Recall some saying that Roo looked like an Alpaca...just sayin.

Tell me you aren't trying compare that to Goodes being called an ape? Please.
oh dear here we go again.

You tell yourself what ever you like.

So no answer so you are comparing. Fair enough. It just proves you don't get racism. You like saying here we go when questioned about statements that make no sense.
So many things I say make little sense to you , I get that, in the meantime you can make whatever you like out of the things I say but do us all a favor and keep them to yourself.
PS Send me a pic of yourself and I may be able to give you my thoughts on what you remind me of :)
Ms Piggy? :D

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
saynta wrote:
Eddie inferred he was an ape/gorrila with the King Kong stuff (just after the girl incident). Lets not pretend otherwise and play species semantics of apes v gorrilas.
NO ONE CALLED HIM A GORILLA.

Eddie was just trying to be funny, and I hate the fat headed clown.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
saynta wrote:
NO ONE CALLED HIM A GORILLA.

Eddie was just trying to be funny, and I hate the fat headed clown.
?
Are you trying to say gorrilas are worse than apes or something? Like this species differentiation matters in this debate somehow? Are you a zoologist?

In which case, beg my pardon. But if not , I am not sure what your point is here at all or why the CAPS.

Ok everyone relax and close the thread. There is no issue here - noone called him a gorrila, just an ape. So all is good.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Tue 28 Jul 2015 6:35pm, edited 3 times in total.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

lewdogs wrote:Can we please not boo Goodes. We're better than that. Seriously, 10 year olds boo. Then we grow up, right?
Some do, some don't. This forum is proof of that, but I'm with you on not booing Goodes,