Win tomorrow and we are 2 games out of the 8

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Win tomorrow and we are 2 games out of the 8

That's not the main objective. Let's face it, we'd only really be making up the numbers. It's all about ...
- finishing the year on a positive note,
-refining and experimenting with the game plan to enable us to compete against different styles of opposition teams
- what are our lists strengths and deficiencies
- what our team needs to do to not make the finals but impact the finals

If the finals occur that's a bonus but I hate to tell you it's not the main focus.

stonecold
SS Life Member

tony74 wrote:That's not the main objective. Let's face it, we'd only really be making up the numbers. It's all about ...
-refining and experimenting with the game plan to enable us to compete against different styles of opposition teams

If the finals occur that's a bonus but I hate to tell you it's not the main focus.
+1 Tony, some posters have no understanding of what the club is trying to achieve in regards to short-term and long-term goals/success!!!!!

'Cause StoneCold Said So'!!!!!

We will be great again once Billy is back playing!!!!!

The 'Last Post', it's the gift that keeps giving 📯📯📯📯📯
saynta
Saintsational Legend

stonecold wrote:
tony74 wrote:That's not the main objective. Let's face it, we'd only really be making up the numbers. It's all about ...

+1 Tony, some posters have no understanding of what the club is trying to achieve in regards to short-term and long-term goals/success!!!!!
Speak for yourself.

But of course, Tony is right.

:D :D :wink: :lol:

1965 Saint
Club Player

If we hadn't been dudded in the first game against North we would now be in ninth on equal points with them. Who said umpires don't determine outcomes?

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

If that's the case Tony I thought they should have been rotating the squad through more of the year which would help keep it fresh. Guys like Lee, Curren, Eli, Pierce, Murdoch, Shents could have got more of go to test out the list and work out where they are at. I still don't understand why Gresham has to play every single game. He's looking the goods - lets try some fringers and give them some encouragement.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

1965 Saint wrote:If we hadn't been dudded in the first game against North we would now be in ninth on equal points with them. Who said umpires don't determine outcomes?
Not to mention the Hawthorn fiasco. :evil:

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Trev from the Bush wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:Sliding doors with the close North loss earlier in the seasin!

...............and Launceston!
Get those two over the line and ......

Wait for it!

1 48 Adelaide
2 48 Western Bulldogs
3 48 Hawthorn
4 44 GWS Giants
5 44 Sydney
6 44 West Coast
7 44 Geelong
8 40 St Kilda
9 36 North Melbourne
10 32 Port Adelaide
11 28 Melbourne
12 28 Collingwood
13 28 Richmond
14 24 Carlton
15 20 Gold Coast
16 12 Fremantle
17 4 Brisbane
18 4 Essendon

A little above our station - but seriously - at what stage did anyone think that given a few [more] lucky breaks we could have been in the 8 at round 17 fighting to hold our spot!!!!!!!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
1965 Saint wrote:If we hadn't been dudded in the first game against North we would now be in ninth on equal points with them. Who said umpires don't determine outcomes?
Not to mention the Hawthorn fiasco. :evil:
I think the point was, that had we beaten North it would have been an 8 point reversal.

Playon
Club Player

Thats not currently what Richo is saying.
Hoping that we play finals.

Also I don't imagine thats how the players feel
I don't imagine that's how the recruiting department feels, we need to attract players
I don't imagine that's how the marketing department feels we need to attract members and sponsors
And I don't think the supporters would agree

Where we are atm I would suggest we do everything possible to play finals, Where better to find out what we need to win in finals is play some.

Yes we get that we have to develop our game but we'll do that regardless

evo
Club Player

Playon wrote:

Thats not currently what Richo is saying.
Hoping that we play finals.

Also I don't imagine thats how the players feel
I don't imagine that's how the recruiting department feels, we need to attract players
I don't imagine that's how the marketing department feels we need to attract members and sponsors
And I don't think the supporters would agree

Where we are atm I would suggest we do everything possible to play finals, Where better to find out what we need to win in finals is play some.

Yes we get that we have to develop our game but we'll do that regardless
I am with you on this. Finals are a great promotional tool for players considering their future as well as supporters.

Playon
Club Player

evo wrote: I am with you on this. Finals are a great promotional tool for players considering their future as well as supporters.
Well in fairness to Tony I'd imagine thats how we approached the season and then some, But now that were down to the serious end and considering where we are we should be doing our best to win. Our focus should of changed to win any way we can