Delistings

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

To the top
SS Life Member

Re: Delistings

"Tank" should not be an issue with any player on an AFL List, given it also needs to be developed.

With Lee it is (in my view) the "education" to play a role as Fisher has so brilliantly over years (noting Fisher came from West Adelaide as a forward and was an "accidental" defender due to injury to key defenders then carved out his own contribution on the job including 2 Best and Fairest awards).

How does the Club evaluate the "education" invested into Lee?

We will get the answer over coming weeks.

At this stage he is still on the List.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

At a coterie function a couple of years ago, Richo stated Tommy Lee had everything he needed to succeed, except the required intensity for AFL. Given how few senior games he's played, I think Tommy might be cooked, unless someone else wants him. Pity, as Richo said he had everything he needed.............

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
To the top
SS Life Member

"a couple of years ago" Lee was playing exclusively as a forward.

The "education" to a defensive role has been a 2015/16 exercise.

We will see.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:At a coterie function a couple of years ago, Richo stated Tommy Lee had everything he needed to succeed, except the required intensity for AFL. Given how few senior games he's played, I think Tommy might be cooked, unless someone else wants him. Pity, as Richo said he had everything he needed.............
Agree. I was keen to support his transition last year and for the first half of this year to becoming a key defender, but whenever he plays AFL level his head and heart drops and he's totally ineffective.

Bye Bye Tommy

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
shrodes
SS Life Member

Not Saints news per se but Gwilt was delisted from the Bombers today.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2016- ... st-changes

Well done on a solid career, and bad luck on not getting a new contract.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
White Winmar wrote:At a coterie function a couple of years ago, Richo stated Tommy Lee had everything he needed to succeed, except the required intensity for AFL. Given how few senior games he's played, I think Tommy might be cooked, unless someone else wants him. Pity, as Richo said he had everything he needed.............
Agree. I was keen to support his transition last year and for the first half of this year to becoming a key defender, but whenever he plays AFL level his head and heart drops and he's totally ineffective.

Bye Bye Tommy
Lee was terrible when he played his couple of games this year. He looked slow as treacle.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!