freeman

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Re: freeman

Devilhead wrote: Thu 12 Jul 2018 5:10pm "TIcked all boxes" - such an overused irritating idiom
its pretty funny given he has been playing well since his return in 2018 against BoxHill - so Im certainly not writing him off due to a good performance against "lowly Coburg" Its even more hilarious that a KPI for one player in the seniors boils down to just being in a winning side but apparantly in the VFL its a whole raft of KPI's

His contract is up at the end of this year and given we play Carlton for heavens sake - this is the game to ease him in and if need be carry him.
If we cant beat carlton on the strength of ONE utility player then we really are in a big cesspool of bovine excrement

Seeya
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

What are Wellers KPIs?

Nee!
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

He not in

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Has he played in the manner that we think he can support what we're doing out there?"

Gold Alan just gold!!! :lol:

“Yeah….nah””
saintadamski
Club Player

fugazi wrote: Thu 12 Jul 2018 7:08pm What are Wellers KPIs?
If the likes of Newnes, Savage, Gilbert, McCartin, Sinclair, Weller, Dunstan etc etc are meeting their KPI's ... perhaps Freeman will never achieve selection, because the KPI criteria must be "be as s*** as possible " ?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

If Freeman gets injured this week playing on substandard grounds, I will be really pissed off.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Thu 12 Jul 2018 11:23pm Has he played in the manner that we think he can support what we're doing out there?"

Gold Alan just gold!!! :lol:
Has he demonstrated ability to be beaten in the contest, get caught out defensively, make poor decisions and show that he will make basic skill errors time and time again when he has possession? No? Lonie it is then

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

freeman

If Carlton beats us tonight the apocalypse is nigh. I can understand not wanting to debut anyone this week. Even Freezer, who I desperately want to get a run.

Barring injury Freezer will play this year.

Always loyal
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

SemperFidelis wrote: Fri 13 Jul 2018 3:53pm Barring injury Freezer will play this year.
the point still remains - who would you play him against ???
surely NOT the Tigers
then Giants, Dogs, Hawks, Bombers, Roos
...agree with your point about a loss this week will mean a coaching staff implosion
But I still maintain if we cant carry him this week against the blues then we really are pretty poor.

Would you throw him to the wolves in what will be his first game of senior football against the much higher caliber opponents we have coming up in 2018? The ONLY club in the above list that will not be vying for finals spot will be the Dogs.

Oh and message to AR - in 2018 I couldnt give a stuff about your win loss ratio this year - so the remaining games must be about sorting out who will be at the club in 2019.

Seeya
DJ Higgins
Club Player

Freeman isn't anything special at Sandy and our current mids are better believe it or not. He has lost his speed which was why we got him so now he is just another inside mid. Richo can't lose tonight, if we get pumped Richo will be s#@ting bricks about his future therefore he will play it safe. Going forward he will get a run in a game that a) we will lose anyway or b) last round as a thanks for the efforts and good luck in the future.

chico2001
Club Player

He never got selected for tonight but my spies tell me he is very very close. I am told his 1%percenters are out of this world. I was reliably informed that the saints recruited him on these parametres...1. Ability to guard space 2. Off ball blocking. 3.Staying out of the forward line. 4.Straps his ankles securely so he does not waste bandages. 5. Never gives the ball directly back to the boundary umpire for a throwin, thereby allowing the saints to man up quickly. Also a beautiful kick when he gets the pill.
Mind you, this is all at training but practice makes perfect does'nt it?

Good luck to the young man..

saynta
Saintsational Legend

chico2001 wrote: Fri 13 Jul 2018 4:48pm He never got selected for tonight but my spies tell me he is very very close. I am told his 1%percenters are out of this world. I was reliably informed that the saints recruited him on these parametres...1. Ability to guard space 2. Off ball blocking. 3.Staying out of the forward line. 4.Straps his ankles securely so he does not waste bandages. 5. Never gives the ball directly back to the boundary umpire for a throwin, thereby allowing the saints to man up quickly. Also a beautiful kick when he gets the pill.
Mind you, this is all at training but practice makes perfect does'nt it?

Good luck to the young man..

:roll: :roll: