Bill Slater...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Bill Slater...

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 11 Oct 2018 9:11pm Slater just on his own and his actual appointment will draw in attention, interest, dollars, sponsors, etc. for the club. Well done to Simon Lethlean.
+ 1

supersaints2
Club Player

Errrr... At least we now have an A grader...

I used to be supersaints but after 16 years my profile dissapeared... ??? if I make any reference to past posts .. it will be under supersiants.. glad to be back on line
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

the saints just signed a player considered by many the greatest fullback in the game, and who played for the best team in the comp over the last ten years. confuse your non rugby mates with that.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
barneyboyz
Club Player

fugazi wrote: Wed 10 Oct 2018 8:23pm Actually an appointment that is beyond my furthest expectations....Respect!
Who could possibly shirk their efforts with Slater watching?
Great leader and arguably the most elite Aussie sportsperson of the last decade.
I assume they told Sheil he was coming before he turned us down.
Interesting point about Sheil. I don't reckon he would even understand how good the Storm culture has been, let alone Billy Slater, working and living up in the heart of NRL country

We in Melbourne are very privileged to have such a good sporting club sitting right beside the best game in the country, and we at StKilda should be very blessed to have their best now working for us.

Advice to the boys...when Bill speaks, listen real hard

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
Superboot
SS Hall of Fame

Next up, Gary Lineker

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

desertsaint wrote: Fri 12 Oct 2018 3:03am the saints just signed a player considered by many the greatest fullback in the game, and who played for the best team in the comp over the last ten years. confuse your non rugby mates with that.
Even that toad Phil Gould - who despise Melbourne Storm - calls Billy Slater the greatest rugby league player ever. That alone shows how highly regarded he is amongst his peers.

Go you red, black & white warriors
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

barneyboyz wrote: Fri 12 Oct 2018 4:44am
fugazi wrote: Wed 10 Oct 2018 8:23pm Actually an appointment that is beyond my furthest expectations....Respect!
Who could possibly shirk their efforts with Slater watching?
Great leader and arguably the most elite Aussie sportsperson of the last decade.
I assume they told Sheil he was coming before he turned us down.
Interesting point about Sheil. I don't reckon he would even understand how good the Storm culture has been, let alone Billy Slater, working and living up in the heart of NRL country

We in Melbourne are very privileged to have such a good sporting club sitting right beside the best game in the country, and we at StKilda should be very blessed to have their best now working for us.

Advice to the boys...when Bill speaks, listen real hard
Nice sentiment but trust me - anyone who lives in Sydney knows exactly how good Melbourne Storm are and especially how perfect Billy Slater is (due to State of Origin). It's completely inescapable for a month a year up there. And NSW have watched Slater and his mates rip them a new one for a decade.

Go you red, black & white warriors
HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Fri 12 Oct 2018 12:38pm
desertsaint wrote: Fri 12 Oct 2018 3:03am the saints just signed a player considered by many the greatest fullback in the game, and who played for the best team in the comp over the last ten years. confuse your non rugby mates with that.
Even that toad Phil Gould - who despise Melbourne Storm - calls Billy Slater the greatest rugby league player ever. That alone shows how highly regarded he is amongst his peers.
Gould is a cockroach not a toad, he'd implode if you called him a toad.