Simon (Lethlean) says...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Re: Simon (Lethlean) says...

Cairnsman wrote: Wed 27 Mar 2019 8:54pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Wed 27 Mar 2019 7:56pm
saynta wrote: Wed 27 Mar 2019 6:57pm
WellardSaint wrote: Wed 27 Mar 2019 6:23pm
Sanctorum wrote: Wed 27 Mar 2019 5:40pm I can't see the point in all of the hysteria and negativity about Hannebery's transfer to the Saints. He is 28 which to many people appears to be "old", when in reality he should have at least another 3-5 or more years to play at the top level. Sure, he has some serious issues with his hamstrings and calves, but at 28 these can be fixed, and usually are.

It is far too soon to be writing Hannebery off, and I have no doubt he will get back to full physical fitness - there's no rush, and I hope he proves all the sceptical supporters wrong. And when he is fully fit he will provide the team with boundless energy, skill and strong experienced leadership, much like did for the Swans!
"28 is not old." :shock:
Really? It is, in sport.

He's had 2 injury-riddled years.
There's been a few players retired before 28.
Dan Southern of Bulldogs, Luke Penny who had bad knees.

I wonder whether our medicos who couldn't fix Weller, will do any better with Hannas. Sure they fixed Freeman (or was he fixed by a German guru on Germany?)
Swans have better resources than us, as well as more depth. They could have rested him for longer but maybe thought that they've done their best and he can't be fixed?
Swans Ran him into the ground. Played him injured for two years when he couldn't train.

That's what our guys are trying to fix. If they do we will have an A grade all Australian playing for us for the next 3 to 4 years.
Pretty much Saynta. Dan has alluded to it in interviews but out of respect for the Swans he will never publically bag them. It says a lot about his character.
What do the haters do when Dan plays, do they boo him? Do they cheer him, just curious. Clearly they won't be happy. His debut is going to be awkward.
I don't think some Saints supporters out there would know how to cheer to be honest. They actually harp on anything negative or if something isn't working more than not. Pretty odd and weird behaviour to be honest again.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Strawman argument

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
damienc
Club Player

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 28 Mar 2019 7:39am
Cairnsman wrote: Wed 27 Mar 2019 8:54pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Wed 27 Mar 2019 7:56pm
saynta wrote: Wed 27 Mar 2019 6:57pm
WellardSaint wrote: Wed 27 Mar 2019 6:23pm
Sanctorum wrote: Wed 27 Mar 2019 5:40pm I can't see the point in all of the hysteria and negativity about Hannebery's transfer to the Saints. He is 28 which to many people appears to be "old", when in reality he should have at least another 3-5 or more years to play at the top level. Sure, he has some serious issues with his hamstrings and calves, but at 28 these can be fixed, and usually are.

It is far too soon to be writing Hannebery off, and I have no doubt he will get back to full physical fitness - there's no rush, and I hope he proves all the sceptical supporters wrong. And when he is fully fit he will provide the team with boundless energy, skill and strong experienced leadership, much like did for the Swans!
"28 is not old." :shock:
Really? It is, in sport.

He's had 2 injury-riddled years.
There's been a few players retired before 28.
Dan Southern of Bulldogs, Luke Penny who had bad knees.

I wonder whether our medicos who couldn't fix Weller, will do any better with Hannas. Sure they fixed Freeman (or was he fixed by a German guru on Germany?)
Swans have better resources than us, as well as more depth. They could have rested him for longer but maybe thought that they've done their best and he can't be fixed?
Swans Ran him into the ground. Played him injured for two years when he couldn't train.

That's what our guys are trying to fix. If they do we will have an A grade all Australian playing for us for the next 3 to 4 years.
Pretty much Saynta. Dan has alluded to it in interviews but out of respect for the Swans he will never publically bag them. It says a lot about his character.
What do the haters do when Dan plays, do they boo him? Do they cheer him, just curious. Clearly they won't be happy. His debut is going to be awkward.
I don't think some Saints supporters out there would know how to cheer to be honest. They actually harp on anything negative or if something isn't working more than not. Pretty odd and weird behaviour to be honest again.
What is really weird and odd is praising the footy club for every bad decision taken and saying it's good.