One of the worst umpiring displays I have ever seen

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: One of the worst umpiring displays I have ever seen

The_Dud wrote: Mon 12 Aug 2019 4:20pm
Jacks Back wrote: Mon 12 Aug 2019 4:13pm Dud, you can't judge umpiring performance after knowing your team has won the game. You have to be in-the-moment where emotions are running high. Even the Mrs (who, like you, always says there are no issues with the umpiring) thought it was terrible.
No offense, but I think the exact opposite is best.

Try judge it with no emotion and no ‘dog in the fight’, that’s how you get the most accurate read.

In the heat of the moment you get upset if every 50/50 doesn’t go your way, so you’re basically guaranteed to get upset. You could see it yesterday when the crowd was booing blatant free kicks that were called correctly.
Wow, just wow, 17,000 supporters were wrong, and you were right. WOW. What an ego. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Mon 12 Aug 2019 5:02pm
Jacks Back wrote: Mon 12 Aug 2019 4:13pm Dud, you can't judge umpiring performance after knowing your team has won the game. You have to be in-the-moment where emotions are running high. Even the Mrs (who, like you, always says there are no issues with the umpiring) thought it was terrible.

Try judge it with no emotion and no ‘dog in the fight’, that’s how you get the most accurate read.

In the heat of the moment you get upset if every 50/50 doesn’t go your way, so you’re basically guaranteed to get upset. You could see it yesterday when the crowd was booing blatant free kicks that were called correctly.
Wow, just wow, 17,000 supporters were wrong, and you were right. WOW. What an ego. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
So I suppose when the Perth crowd go off their head at a WCE game they are also correct.

That’s exactly what you’re saying.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Mon 12 Aug 2019 5:32pm

So I suppose when the Perth crowd go off their head at a WCE game they are also correct.

Listen(deleted). The boos continued long after the siren had sounded. That doesn't normally happen at Saints matches.

No comparison to the "perth" crowds, who are all brain dead morons imho. :roll:

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Mon 12 Aug 2019 5:35pm

Listen(deleted). The boos continued long after the siren had sounded. That doesn't normally happen at Saints matches.

And there it is. What bias? Lol

Anyone booing long after that great win is an absolute flog imho, enjoy the bloody win!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Mon 12 Aug 2019 6:02pm
saynta wrote: Mon 12 Aug 2019 5:35pm

And there it is. What bias? Lol

Anyone booing long after that great win is an absolute flog imho, enjoy the bloody win!
Ah well, you have just insulted over 17, 000 saints fans. Proves once again that you aren't really one of them.

You are lucky I wasn't one of them , hence not included in your flog comment, otherwise you might have got reported.

I never boo anyone. Maggots or players,

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Mon 12 Aug 2019 11:43am
kosifantutti wrote: Mon 12 Aug 2019 11:31am
Special wrote:
saint64 wrote: Mon 12 Aug 2019 9:41am
Special wrote: Mon 12 Aug 2019 1:06am
saint64 wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 11:14pm People claiming this was the worst umpiring they have ever seen have clearly not seen us playing the Eagles here in Perth!
That’s true but given it was in Melbourne against an interstate team the roles should be a reversed a bit.

I think the anger is about the AFL promoting someone based on gender not ability. That was self evident today as it was last time she tried to ruin our game
Where is the evidence that this particular umpire has been promoted on gender instead of ability though? We have had the same debates in the past about female goal umpires and female commentators, both of which we now accept without a second thought (and in fact most of us probably agree that female commentators have been a breath of fresh air in previously male-only-commentated sports over the last decade or so). It was a bit sad listening to the booing of this particular umpire on the telecast yesterday. Let's just give her a go.
She is incompetent - way below the already poor standard of the others. She’s had a go and has been dropped 4 times. Hopefully a fifth and permanent time after this week.
Could you perhaps mention an error she made yesterday that justifies all this vitriol?

Start a new thread if you don’t think six is enough!
First saints match this year that I have heard the whole ground boo the maggots off. Surprising is the fact that it never happens from supporters whose team has won. Not so yesterday.

The three of them had a poor day. Not sure she was the worst, but seemed reluctant to award any frees to saints players. No such hesitation when she was awarding frees to the shockers. And she was overruled by one of her fellow maggots at least once.
Now I'm confused, is the maggot that overruled the female umpire (who it is apparent from above post cheats against us) not involved in the cheating against us because he overruled a cheater?
Does this no longer make him a maggot?

I get lost with all this AFL sanctioned corruption.
What about the maggot that paid 10 free kicks against us one day and none too us, was he out there?
Isn't his name Foot?

Surely the overruler is one who refused to compromise and bow to the AFL and cheat against us, or is this another way to conspire against us by lulling us into a false sense of security?

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
The Recruit
Club Player

17,000 fans booed for at least a minute as the umpires walked off. It was very very loud.
To boo the umpires after a win suggest that they probably didn’t get it right, especially that many people.

Eleni lost the saints crowd against the eagles when 2-3 of her shocking decisions cost us momentum in the game. She didn’t stand a chance against the dockers if there was a dodgy call.

The holding the ball one at the start of the last quarter was just a terrible football decision. The 360 with Mundy I thought was unlucky but not terrible.

Unfortunately Eleni doesn’t umpire with ‘football sense’
But like I said earlier, if you are a s*** team you play sundays and if you play sundays you get s*** umpires. Elani is a ‘Sunday’ umpire.

We need to start playing prime time again, that’s how we be rid of the Elenis of the umpiring world.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 12 Aug 2019 6:50pm
saynta wrote: Mon 12 Aug 2019 11:43am
kosifantutti wrote: Mon 12 Aug 2019 11:31am
Special wrote:
saint64 wrote: Mon 12 Aug 2019 9:41am
Special wrote: Mon 12 Aug 2019 1:06am
saint64 wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 11:14pm People claiming this was the worst umpiring they have ever seen have clearly not seen us playing the Eagles here in Perth!
That’s true but given it was in Melbourne against an interstate team the roles should be a reversed a bit.

I think the anger is about the AFL promoting someone based on gender not ability. That was self evident today as it was last time she tried to ruin our game
Where is the evidence that this particular umpire has been promoted on gender instead of ability though? We have had the same debates in the past about female goal umpires and female commentators, both of which we now accept without a second thought (and in fact most of us probably agree that female commentators have been a breath of fresh air in previously male-only-commentated sports over the last decade or so). It was a bit sad listening to the booing of this particular umpire on the telecast yesterday. Let's just give her a go.
She is incompetent - way below the already poor standard of the others. She’s had a go and has been dropped 4 times. Hopefully a fifth and permanent time after this week.
Could you perhaps mention an error she made yesterday that justifies all this vitriol?

Start a new thread if you don’t think six is enough!
First saints match this year that I have heard the whole ground boo the maggots off. Surprising is the fact that it never happens from supporters whose team has won. Not so yesterday.

The three of them had a poor day. Not sure she was the worst, but seemed reluctant to award any frees to saints players. No such hesitation when she was awarding frees to the shockers. And she was overruled by one of her fellow maggots at least once.
Now I'm confused, is the maggot that overruled the female umpire (who it is apparent from above post cheats against us) not involved in the cheating against us because he overruled a cheater?
Does this no longer make him a maggot?

I get lost with all this AFL sanctioned corruption.
What about the maggot that paid 10 free kicks against us one day and none too us, was he out there?
Isn't his name Foot?

Surely the overruler is one who refused to compromise and bow to the AFL and cheat against us, or is this another way to conspire against us by lulling us into a false sense of security?
I can’t actually think of any of her calls that were overruled.

If any of the rampant accusers can point out which ones were that would be great.