Hannebery broken foot

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Hannebery broken foot

Secret Kiel wrote: Sat 19 Oct 2019 10:03am
SaintPav wrote: Sat 19 Oct 2019 9:48am
Secret Kiel wrote: Sat 19 Oct 2019 8:06am
B.M wrote: Fri 18 Oct 2019 10:52pm Give his groins, hammies and calves some time to heal
I thought the same thing, a player of his calibre doesn't need to start flogging himself too early in the pre season. Roo hardly did a full pre season for nearly the last 10 years of his career.
Like all his injuries haven’t had enough time to heal already.
I'm just glad Hannebery is in the RW&B, his presence on and off the field improves our club. I don't care if drinks and takes drug or shags himself silly, drinking and taking drugs is a huge part of Australian culture, we do it bigger and prouder than most nations around the globe. Why do footy fans get so self righteous if a footballer is a normal participant in our favourite national pass time.

Having said that I'll be pissed off if he misses footy next year cause I'm a firm believer in responsible consumption of alcohol and drugs.
I think it’s more because it’s his job at $800k to display the highest degree of professionalism to get the most out of himself.

The comparison to Roo is actually a good one because he was the consummate professional and managed his injuries as well as could be.

The flavour that’s coming across is that ??? exist RE his professionalism that coincide with unanticipated set backs... the latest one bring he broke his foot on the stairs

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Fri 18 Oct 2019 10:52pm Give his groins, hammies and calves some time to heal
I thought the same thing, a player of his calibre doesn't need to start flogging himself too early in the pre season. Roo hardly did a full pre season for nearly the last 10 years of his career.
I'm just glad Hannebery is in the RW&B, his presence on and off the field improves our club. I don't care if drinks and takes drug or shags himself silly, drinking and taking drugs is a huge part of Australian culture, we do it bigger and prouder than most nations around the globe. Why do footy fans get so self righteous if a footballer is a normal participant in our favourite national pass time.

Having said that I'll be pissed off if he misses footy next year cause I'm a firm believer in responsible consumption of alcohol and drugs.
As long as players are in peak condition come game time and aren’t hurting anyone else or doing whatever they do in front of the kiddies, it’s none of my business what they do in their personal lives.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

There is no such thing as "responsible consumption of drugs" ffs.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

saynta wrote: Sat 19 Oct 2019 11:47am

it was tongue in cheek sir.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Sat 19 Oct 2019 11:52am
saynta wrote: Sat 19 Oct 2019 11:47am

it was tongue in cheek sir.
Good . :wink:

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

I'm just glad Hannebery is in the RW&B, his presence on and off the field improves our club.
Serious question, how does his presence improve the club on and off the field.

On field
- 4 games was it?
- no material on field effect on team performance
- clubs highest paid player (reported $800k)

Off field
- was such an inspiring leader he decided to remove himself from the leadership group

So far his recruitment is a major bust and his latest set back continues the pattern.

Without speculating, based on hard facts how has his presence improved the club.

If we weren’t paying him a fortune not to play do you think we could have kept Bruce and used the future 2nd rounder we swapped for him on Jones?

Major bust IMO.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Yes, each possession cost us about $10,000 this year, but he has brought hope and looked good in the last few games.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
freely
SS Hall of Fame

shanegrambeau wrote: Sat 19 Oct 2019 4:45pm Yes, each possession cost us about $10,000 this year, but he has brought hope and looked good in the last few games.
He definitely brought hope to other old crocks looking for a new club!

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 19 Oct 2019 4:16pm
I'm just glad Hannebery is in the RW&B, his presence on and off the field improves our club.

On field
- 4 games was it?

Off field
- was such an inspiring leader he decided to remove himself from the leadership group

So far his recruitment is a major bust and his latest set back continues the pattern.

Without speculating, based on hard facts how has his presence improved the club.

If we weren’t paying him a fortune not to play do you think we could have kept Bruce and used the future 2nd rounder we swapped for him on Jones?

Major bust IMO.
So far, I'm afraid you're 100% correct. All we can do is cross our fingers and hope that he can get it together. It's cost us way too much otherwise.

Broke my foot stumbling on some stairs. Pfft. Talk about half the story only being told (P.S. I haven't heard anything, just what I believe)

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Absolutely diabolical, it really is.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

And we let players go because we were tight in the salary cap.

$800k over 4 or 5 years or whatever the number is to a guy who we recruited and is perpetually injured.

Why is our salary cap tight?

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 19 Oct 2019 8:03pm And we let players go because we were tight in the salary cap.

$800k over 4 or 5 years or whatever the number is to a guy who we recruited and is perpetually injured.

Mixed messages.
Richo used to crow about how we had this 'war chest' to entice big fish.
Who says we let guys go because we needed the money?
I thought Rice, Bailey and White were cut because the club thinks they can't get any better,
and anyways, each club has to delist a minimum number of listed players

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Hannebury is heading for a "breach of contract"

guitars4
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote: Sat 19 Oct 2019 8:03pm And we let players go because we were tight in the salary cap.

Yeah Joff I have been saying the same thing since his recruitment but the Ted's , Taker's & Saynta 's of the world have all supported his cause no matter what he does or how many games he plays.To say he is a great pick up because he can have a positive affect on the playing group by just being there is IMO is a felicity everyone knows he's a party boy ( just ask the Swans )& there is nothing wrong with that but if your the bloke setting the example for our future playing group I would be concerned. IMO only

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

guitars4 wrote: Sat 19 Oct 2019 9:47pm

Yeah Joff I have been saying the same thing since his recruitment but the Ted's , Taker's & Saynta 's of the world have all supported his cause no matter what he does or how many games he plays.To say he is a great pick up because he can have a positive affect on the playing group by just being there is IMO is a felicity everyone knows he's a party boy ( just ask the Swans )& there is nothing wrong with that but if your the bloke setting the example for our future playing group I would be concerned. IMO only
umm bringing Ted up as a credible poster is an insult to the rest.

Shaggy
Club Player

Dan was in our best in 4 out of 5 matches he played last year despite all the time he has had out of footy.

3 time AA.

You are obviously disappointed. Maybe you think our list of 2018 did not need change. As good as Jack Steven has been for us Dan has been better footballer over their career and Dan is 2 years younger. Dan effectively cost us an early 30's pick. I have no doubt Dan has make us sexier to join this year.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

The Fireman wrote: Sat 19 Oct 2019 9:27pm Hannebury is heading for a "breach of contract"
Firey, this is not like De Goey playing with his dog and a frisbee.
Club went to a lot of effort to stop rumours of grog or drugs by clearly saying
"his sister's engagement party, at home, he was carrying sunnies, a hat and other belongings".

They want to paint a picture of a totally innocent family gathering that all of us indulge in.
Showing how it was an unforeseen tragic mishap.
Are you implying that the club is making too much noise?
As the Bard once wrote "Methinks you doth protest too much"

Is there more to it?

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
guitars4
Club Player

The Fireman wrote: Sat 19 Oct 2019 10:05pm

Hey Fireman I never stated that any of the posters were credible I said they supported the recruitment because on or off the field he would have a positive affect on the group but as I said IMO from what Iv'e heard & seen I can see why Sydney off loaded him .

Shaggy
Club Player

On field
- 4 games was it?

Off field

Major bust IMO.
I could not have expected more on field from a player who has missed as much football as he has. 4 times in the best out of 5 games is not bad. You appear disappointed.

He is a 3 time AA earning $800,000 per year. I don't have a problem with that.

Without him I doubt we would have the recruits we have this year.

IMO Dan is our second best player to Hunter.

Hopefully next year he can stay on the park.

guitars4
Club Player

Shaggy wrote: Sat 19 Oct 2019 10:31pm

On field
- 4 games was it?

Off field

Major bust IMO.
I could not have expected more on field from a player who has missed as much football as he has. 4 times in the best out of 5 games is not bad. You appear disappointed.

He is a 3 time AA earning $800,000 per year. I don't have a problem with that.

Without him I doubt we would have the recruits we have this year.

IMO Dan is our second best player to Hunter.

Hopefully next year he can stay on the park.
So do I but I'm not holding my breath. But I do have a problem with a bloke on a 4 to 5 year contract on 800k who has played 4 to 5 games in the first year of contract with a history of injury & bad behavior but IMO

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Stop worrying everybody, they’re saying he won’t miss preseason and will be good to go round 1.

Just like they said before last season 8-)

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

The timeline of events is as follows

- came to us on a big contract ready to play
- got injured and missed an extended period of time
- withdrew from the leadership group
- returned and missed the following week
- played the last 4 games. Got a Brownlow vote in one of them
- injured himself in the off-season on the stairs

I think it’s a bit rich to suggest that Hannebery had a positive impact on our recruiting over the trade period

Second best player raised my eyebrows as well

On form demonstrated and potential... if I was picking players to keep, barely cracks the top 10 so far

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

guitars4 wrote: Sat 19 Oct 2019 10:21pm
The Fireman wrote: Sat 19 Oct 2019 10:05pm

Hey Fireman I never stated that any of the posters were credible I said they supported the recruitment because on or off the field he would have a positive affect on the group but as I said IMO from what Iv'e heard & seen I can see why Sydney off loaded him .
:) understand mate.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Typical Saints luck. Just when things are starting to finally look hunky dory, the football gods go and smite us with another lightening bolt!! :roll:

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Sat 19 Oct 2019 8:48pm

Mixed messages.
Richo used to crow about how we had this 'war chest' to entice big fish.
Who says we let guys go because we needed the money?
I thought Rice, Bailey and White were cut because the club thinks they can't get any better,
and anyways, each club has to delist a minimum number of listed players
Lethlean made the comment about salary cap in one if his interviews, I’ll try and find a link.