DUDE LOOKS LIKE A LAIDLEY

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

DUDE LOOKS LIKE A LAIDLEY

Former Saint assistant coach arrested for stalking.

I pose this question, if you were going to stalk someone, who would it be?

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victo ... 5992f5b782

Former St Kilda assistant coach coach Dean Laidley is in custody charged with stalking.

The 53-year-old was arrested outside a home in St Kilda on Saturday night.

Police confirmed he was charged with stalking and other offences.

The Moonee Ponds man fronted the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court today.

He was remanded to appear at the same court on May 11.

Victoria Police would not provide further details into his alleged crimes.

“As the matter is before the court it would be inappropriate to comment further at this time,” a spokesperson said.

More to come.
Last edited by Joffa Burns on Wed 06 May 2020 9:06am, edited 1 time in total.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
BarryGrogan
Club Player

Re: Junk yard stalker

They surely didn't refer to him as a St. Kilda Assistant did they??

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

No they didn’t but this is going to be one very strange story involving drug abusive, cross dressing and family violence.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
Bowey Boy
Club Player

Some interesting pictures on Twitter. Some serious stuff clearly going on in Dean's mind.

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Cross dressing hey. I wonder why?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Harves Man
Club Player

I never thought of Laidley as a "quality person". A lot of trouble seems to magically find him. He didn't even attempt to get bail - odd, really. Never felt comfortable when he was in a coaching role at the club.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

BarryGrogan wrote: Sun 03 May 2020 9:18pm They surely didn't refer to him as a St. Kilda Assistant did they??
No, just having a bit of fun with that one.

Some weird pictures in the Herald Scum.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

From wikipedia

"Dean Laidley (born 27 March 1967) is an Australian rules football assistant coach and former player, who played for the West Coast Eagles and North Melbourne in the Australian Football League (AFL) from 1987 to 1997, including in North Melbourne's 1996 premiership side. He was coach of North Melbourne from 2003 to 2009. "

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

That is some weird arse s*** going on there.... :shock:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-20 ... 641cb0217b

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote: Mon 04 May 2020 12:17am Cross dressing hey. I wonder why?
Because he can! :lol:

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 04 May 2020 1:41pm
Being an ex AFL coach and player seems to give a false sense of accomplishment. Pretty sad really

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

I feel terribly sorry for Laidley. That picture of him with his mascara running ... just tragic.

The cop who leaked it on to the web is in strife as are at least one of the six people he sent it to.

I wouldn’t judge him on on his choices ... apart from the ice, which is just dumb.

But what is going to make it humiliating for him is that he has identified as a family man and macho footballer/coach. Sure, there have been rumours, but to be publicly outed like this must be very hard

Latest story is that he has been suffering from a psychiatric illness and was on bail when arrested.
Last edited by bigcarl on Mon 04 May 2020 4:09pm, edited 4 times in total.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote: Mon 04 May 2020 3:21pm
Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 04 May 2020 1:41pm
Being an ex AFL coach and player seems to give a false sense of accomplishment. Pretty sad really
Don't think it has anything to do with him being a ex AFL footballer and coach. Just a life choice which has turned bad.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote: Mon 04 May 2020 3:45pm I feel terribly sorry for Laidley. That picture of him with his mascara running ... just tragic.

I feel the cop who leaked it on to the web is in strife.

I wouldn’t judge him on on his choices ... apart from the ice, which is just dumb.

But what is going to make it humiliating for him is that he has identified as a family man and macho footballer/coach. Sure, there have been rumours, but to be publicly outed like this must be very hard.
Yep
And Caro will be tearing into him .
Not because of what's happening
Just that in a wig and makeup
He's still hotter than she'll ever be !

In red white and black from 73
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

is he eligible for our aflw team?

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Nick_BlueNRG
Club Player

mr six o'clock wrote: Mon 04 May 2020 3:56pm
bigcarl wrote: Mon 04 May 2020 3:45pm I feel terribly sorry for Laidley. That picture of him with his mascara running ... just tragic.

But what is going to make it humiliating for him is that he has identified as a family man and macho footballer/coach. Sure, there have been rumours, but to be publicly outed like this must be very hard.
Yep
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(M)ake (S)t Kilda (S)elf (S)ustainable
loris
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 04 May 2020 1:38pm That is some weird arse s*** going on there.... :shock:

What a misleading heading in that Foxtel article. “Senior cop...... “, from that description, I thought it would be a high ranking police officer, at the minimum, officer level.

Nah .... It’s only a lowly senior Constable .... one rank above the bottom level of Constable rank (which includes first Constable). Leaking a photo like that shows why he/she had only reached the lower ranks of a senior Constable of the police department.

But I guess this is some grubby journalist (or editor ) trying to make a sad, scandalous story appear more sensational. Why am I not amazed?

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

In the words of John Lennon....

Nobody told me there'd be days like these,
Strange days indeed,
Most peculiar Mama .

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
saynta
Saintsational Legend

mr six o'clock wrote: Mon 04 May 2020 3:56pm

Yep
:wink:

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

The guy has got issues that shouldnt be aired in public. Leave him alone.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

loris wrote: Mon 04 May 2020 7:59pm
Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 04 May 2020 1:38pm That is some weird arse s*** going on there.... :shock:

What a misleading heading in that Foxtel article. “Senior cop...... “, from that description, I thought it would be a high ranking police officer, at the minimum, officer level.

Nah .... It’s only a lowly senior Constable .... one rank above the bottom level of Constable rank (which includes first Constable). Leaking a photo like that shows why he/she had only reached the lower ranks of a senior Constable of the police department.

But I guess this is some grubby journalist (or editor ) trying to make a sad, scandalous story appear more sensational. Why am I not amazed?
er - a senior cop IS a senior cop! How else would you describe a senior cop? Cop is short for constable-on-patrol, I believe. So... presumably your post is just to have a go at journalists when the villain of the piece is the senior cop. Why?

Oh - and just to add, that's setting aside the victim of the stalking. But we don't care about that, for some reason. Poor Dean. Poor lowly cop. Damn journos! Especially Caro. Gee, she's ugly, right?

Sanctorum
Club Player

This is an incredibly sad story and should never be trivialised in the way that some on this forum have done. Good-on North Melbourne FC and the AFL Coaches Association coming out in support of Dean Laidley. He certainly needs all the help and support he can get to survive this public humiliation.

There are literally thousands of males and females of all ages in our society who struggle with the question of their sexuality, and it causes many who can't deal with this internal conflict to take their own lives prematurely.

Please, if you don't have any sympathy for these poor individuals, just shut up and don't vent your warped prejudices with either sarcastic or negative comments.....

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Sanctorum wrote: Tue 05 May 2020 4:18pm This is an incredibly sad story and should never be trivialised in the way that some on this forum have done. Good-on North Melbourne FC and the AFL Coaches Association coming out in support of Dean Laidley. He certainly needs all the help and support he can get to survive this public humiliation.

There are literally thousands of males and females of all ages in our society who struggle with the question of their sexuality, and it causes many who can't deal with this internal conflict to take their own lives prematurely.

Please, if you don't have any sympathy for these poor individuals, just shut up and don't vent your warped prejudices with either sarcastic or negative comments.....
With your username, I think you spelled Sanctimonious wrong...…..

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
asiu
Saintsational Legend

of course it should be aired
it’s an issue of ... healing of Self
that starts with acceptance of Self

how its ‘aired’
well

that says everything about the airers
the sharp the sensitive the sad ‘n the sick

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Sanctorum wrote: Tue 05 May 2020 4:18pm This is an incredibly sad story and should never be trivialised in the way that some on this forum have done. Good-on North Melbourne FC and the AFL Coaches Association coming out in support of Dean Laidley. He certainly needs all the help and support he can get to survive this public humiliation.

I wouldn’t be so quick to assume that Laidley is a victim just yet. There is still a lot that is unknown.

There is no question that this is a gross breach of privacy and I feel for him in that respect.

But, he is being charged for stalking, let’s not forget that.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.