Jack Steven Knife Incident

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bowey Boy
Club Player

Jack Steven Knife Incident

https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/afl-play ... -c-1042133

Police have been called in to investigate after Geelong footballer Jack Steven required hospitalisation on Saturday night.

The Cats say the 30-year-old was injured in an incident that has been referred to police.

While police are yet to comment and details are unclear, News Corp reports Steven received a knife wound to the chest.

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jack Steven Knife Incident

Culture in Geelong

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

So Stuv has been stabbed.

Maybe the lousy trade pick we got for him was fair value considering it appears he’s still messed up.

Really sad situation for such a great player.

Career over it seems.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote: Sun 17 May 2020 1:22pm So Stuv has been stabbed.

Maybe the lousy trade pick we got for him was fair value considering it appears he’s still messed up.

Really sad situation for such a great player.

Career over it seems.
Big call.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Wouldn’t say career over. But plenty of unsavoury rumours about his lifestyle choices ( not referring to Sinclair specifically here) and how he likes to unwind/relax/party.

I’ve never been critical of the club for allowing him to leave. Seems like a complicated young man

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Sun 17 May 2020 1:40pm Wouldn’t say career over. But plenty of unsavoury rumours about his lifestyle choices ( not referring to Sinclair specifically here) and how he likes to unwind/relax/party.

I’ve never been critical of the club for allowing him to leave. Seems like a complicated young man
I too have no problem with letting him go to the club of his choice.

Paying part of his future contract on the other hand....

asiu
Saintsational Legend

... complicated young man

thats a nice way of putting it

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Yeah, heard rumours about unwise or unsafe life style choices whilst drunk although in this day and age there is supposed to be nothing wrong with those choices.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

“The club's concern is for Jack’s health and wellbeing.”

Moods
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sun 17 May 2020 1:47pm Yeah, heard rumours about unwise or unsafe life style choices whilst drunk although in this day and age there is supposed to be nothing wrong with those choices.
That’s not what I was referring to. Wouldn’t know the veracity of that one although heard from plenty of people.

It’s more the state he gets himself in and what he uses to get into that state that concerns me. Obviously poor choices flow from that.

If nothing else you’d think this
I injury would set him back at least a month. In a shortened season and at his age, hardly ideal

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Sun 17 May 2020 1:56pm
saynta wrote: Sun 17 May 2020 1:47pm Yeah, heard rumours about unwise or unsafe life style choices whilst drunk although in this day and age there is supposed to be nothing wrong with those choices.
That’s not what I was referring to. Wouldn’t know the veracity of that one although heard from plenty of people.

It’s more the state he gets himself in and what he uses to get into that state that concerns me. Obviously poor choices flow from that.
Obviously, hence the mental health issues if he was not that way inclined.

If he was still a saints player, I would not be commenting on the things that I have heard from a very reliable source

saynta
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote: Sun 17 May 2020 1:51pm “The club's concern is for Jack’s health and wellbeing.”
Heard that so many times from Saints officials, it is now wearing a it thin.

From the age.com.au

"Police are investigating after Geelong midfielder Jack Steven was seriously injured and hospitalised on Saturday night.

Football sources said Steven had suffered a stab wound, and although the injury was serious, he was expected to recover.

In a statement the Cats said he sustained his injuries in an undefined incident, and that it had been referred to police.
AFL player Jack Steven has been hospitalised.

AFL player Jack Steven has been hospitalised.Credit:AAP

“Jack is in hospital recovering,” the club said.

“The matter has been referred to police.”

“The club's concern is for Jack’s health and wellbeing.”

The 30-year-old joined the Cats from St Kilda at the end of last season to return to his hometown, but has yet to play an AFL game for the club."

roskilde
SS Hall of Fame

Good to see that much needed move for his mental health which our club basically bent over backwards to grant for a prominent player has been worth it. :roll:

I love Jack Steven and I'll always have nothing but fond memories of his time at the club but like with many things our club does this entire affair leaves a bad taste in the mouth and makes one feel like we're being played for fools.

This was my father's belief
And this is also mine:
Let the corn be all one sheaf--
And the grapes be all one vine,
Ere our children's teeth are set on edge
By bitter bread and wine.
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

roskilde wrote: Sun 17 May 2020 2:15pm Good to see that much needed move for his mental health which our club basically bent over backwards to grant for a prominent player has been worth it. :roll:

I love Jack Steven and I'll always have nothing but fond memories of his time at the club but like with many things our club does this entire affair leaves a bad taste in the mouth and makes one feel like we're being played for fools.
Going to feel great when we lose Battle or some other young because of the salary cap pressure brought on by having to pay much of his next 2 years income!

Moods
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote: Sun 17 May 2020 2:19pm
roskilde wrote: Sun 17 May 2020 2:15pm Good to see that much needed move for his mental health which our club basically bent over backwards to grant for a prominent player has been worth it. :roll:

Going to feel great when we lose Battle or some other young because of the salary cap pressure brought on by having to pay much of his next 2 years income!
Would you guys prefer he was still on our list. I prefer to look at it as a sound move to move him on.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Sun 17 May 2020 2:26pm

Would you guys prefer he was still on our list. I prefer to look at it as a sound move to move him on.
NO! I would have preferred that we said "OK Jack, so your mental health is being impacted by being made to play where you would rather not, how about we tear up the existing contract and free up your choices as to where you play in future?"

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

If it’s not career over it’s another wasted end to what was a great career.

Third round pick was good value now it seems.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

If it’s not career over it’s another wasted end to what was a great career.

Third round pick was good value now it seems.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

<Image removed as the caption makes an accusation that could make this forum liable in a lawsuit.>

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

<Image removed as the caption makes an accusation that could make this forum liable in a lawsuit.>

Nic Naitanui's mum stabbed Steven?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote: Sun 17 May 2020 2:31pm
Moods wrote: Sun 17 May 2020 2:26pm

NO! I would have preferred that we said "OK Jack, so your mental health is being impacted by being made to play where you would rather not, how about we tear up the existing contract and free up your choices as to where you play in future?"
A preferable course of action in my humble opinion.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Why is his career in jeopardy?
Why are people jumping to conclusions. Maybe he has some drug issues. Didnt seem to bother Cousins during his footy career. He left St Kilda, St Kilda didnt leave him.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote: Sun 17 May 2020 3:48pm Why is his career in jeopardy?
Why are people jumping to conclusions. Maybe he has some drug issues. Didnt seem to bother Cousins during his footy career. He left St Kilda, St Kilda didnt leave him.
Cousins may have been drug f,./ed but never did he reach for the mental health card!

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote: Sun 17 May 2020 4:06pm
magnifisaint wrote: Sun 17 May 2020 3:48pm Why is his career in jeopardy?
Cousins may have been drug f,./ed but never did he reach for the mental health card!
Also, Cousins was premiership player, Brownlow medallist and 6x AA, while Steven is a 4x B&F in a crap team...

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

I am sure Jack is keeping himself in tip top condition during this exrended Corona break

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!