Max King

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

poatina
Club Player

Max King

I’m sick of this bloke being untouchable on the basis of potential. When he wasn’t missing marks a bloke of his size should have taken he was missing shots an AFL full forward should kick. We were better off with Membrey as full forward.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Re: Max King

We are St Kilda - we eat our young!

FFS - even with today's return of 1 Goal 3 he has kicked 8 Goals 4 for the season - Tim has kicked 9 Goals 5 and Dan Butler 10 Goals 6

Oh - And Max has played 5 games of AFL football before today!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Max King aint the problem

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
roskilde
SS Hall of Fame

He's not untouchable he's just an exciting talent with not many games under his belt.

We're all waiting for that big, bust out game where he dominates and he wasn't great today but what do you expect? He's going to be inconsistent this early on.

This was my father's belief
And this is also mine:
Let the corn be all one sheaf--
And the grapes be all one vine,
Ere our children's teeth are set on edge
By bitter bread and wine.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

I think the club needs to take footage of Max King in marking contests to the umpires. Should have had at least 4 frees plus a few others than on a good day umpires pay.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
poatina
Club Player

Curly, he gets no worse than anyone else, but seems very easily unsettled by close contact. I don’t think he’s frightened, just that there might be a brief thought that a touch means he should get a free so he doesn’t ignore or work through the contact. I’m not expecting the Second Coming of Plugger( although some seem to be) but when this whole forum is keen to decry our captain’s kicking, why not our full forward’s ?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

FFS he’s a baby forward he’s icing on the cake this year not the saviour talk about loading up pressure on a young guy who will be extremely good for us.

Grow a pair ffs.

“Yeah….nah””
poatina
Club Player

Our new forward plan is no longer to bomb it in, but it is to kick it to King somewhere not far from the square on the expectation that if he doesn’t take the mark the crumbers will swoop it through. I think FREO woke up to this, not saying he was the whole problem by any means but that game plan would be a lot better if he could hold thenm and, when he does, kick them. It won’t work until he can do both and at the moment he can’t. McCartin was immediately criticised for not setting the world on fire but somehow ( following the Ch 7 idiots) Mr King fails to deliver but everyone looks away .

poatina
Club Player

Teflon, that stupid personal response is why this forum becomes unreadable .
Take your hands off what is above your “ pair” .

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

poatina wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 9:35pm Our new forward plan is no longer to bomb it in, but it is to kick it to King somewhere not far from the square on the expectation that if he doesn’t take the mark the crumbers will swoop it through. I think FREO woke up to this, not saying he was the whole problem by any means but that game plan would be a lot better if he could hold thenm and, when he does, kick them. It won’t work until he can do both and at the moment he can’t. McCartin was immediately criticised for not setting the world on fire but somehow ( following the Ch 7 idiots) Mr King fails to deliver but everyone looks away .
What a sad post
Our whole forward line entry game plan is built around a kid who has played 5 games??
Tactical genius in those comments
King will be fine and a gun
Newsflash: He’s also going to have other days where he drops ones he should take and misses goals he should kick
Get a grip for gods sake

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

poatina wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 9:36pm Teflon, that stupid personal response is why this forum becomes unreadable .
Take your hands off what is above your “ pair” .
It does take two hands above the pair which makes typing hard...
That said stop spamming the board with nonsense about a kid whose played 5 games ffs

“Yeah….nah””
realdeal
Club Player

poatina wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 9:35pm Our new forward plan is no longer to bomb it in, but it is to kick it to King somewhere not far from the square on the expectation that if he doesn’t take the mark the crumbers will swoop it through. I think FREO woke up to this, not saying he was the whole problem by any means but that game plan would be a lot better if he could hold thenm and, when he does, kick them. It won’t work until he can do both and at the moment he can’t. McCartin was immediately criticised for not setting the world on fire but somehow ( following the Ch 7 idiots) Mr King fails to deliver but everyone looks away .
Is this guy kidding me.. besides kicking it straight they'd be about 20 blokes id duscuss before a 5 gamer..

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

realdeal wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 9:41pm
Is this guy kidding me.. besides kicking it straight they'd be about 20 blokes id duscuss before a 5 gamer..
I think it’s troll can’t be sure

“Yeah….nah””
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

poatina wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 9:28pm Curly, he gets no worse than anyone else, but seems very easily unsettled by close contact. I don’t think he’s frightened, just that there might be a brief thought that a touch means he should get a free so he doesn’t ignore or work through the contact. I’m not expecting the Second Coming of Plugger( although some seem to be) but when this whole forum is keen to decry our captain’s kicking, why not our full forward’s ?
bulls*** Cox and Miochek got three frees and goals for far less. Watch Ben Brown he gets them constantly. They just take out his arms.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
poatina
Club Player

As I said, untouchable.
All’s great, we didn’t lose today, everything’s going to be great, There are those who can be constantly criticised( see another thread head for three names ) but not Max King.
I’m not a troll. I’ve been a St Kilda member for longer than most of you have been alive. But respectful discussion is impossible on this forum, so , like many others, goodbye for good.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Max will be amazing, we all know that. He will learn so much from a day like today. If anyone thought Max would trot around this year sprinkling pixie dust around and we would be a top four side they are mistaken. He could take 80 games before he is dominant. Today’s poor result was because an entire team decided to stop running

realdeal
Club Player

By all means say he missed a few chances and it would be nice for him to mark a couple more but he's 19, played 5 games, doesnt get outmarked, has shown amazing agility and is yet to bulk up.

If you're such a stalwart you'd realise he's learning, the ball hardly got down to him for 3 qtrs and half our team played like they forgot the opposition was an actual AFL team.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I hope Rats drops Max to send a message to the rest of the team.

Disgraceful performance by him today.

:roll:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Worst call of the year.

Pbly Max’s worst game of the year and still kicked 1.3.

Got very little supply after the 1/2 time and for the life of me I can’t reasonably see what he did that would warrant him being the target.

Even conceding that he was beaten today... I’m especially miffed at the inference that his season has been poor.

Realistically... what are your expectations of King?

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

And with all due respect poatina...

No one has abused you and there are a number of posts in this thread that are reasonable responses to the OP.

You’ve taken a blowtorch to the kid in what is a hot take and in tone, you’re post is an angry one, and you’ve made the bold claim that we’re better off with just Membrey.

Those are challenging ideas and they have been challenged.

You don’t get to do that and they cry foul when you get challenged back so cut out the victim mentality

ace
Saintsational Legend

If he kicks straight we win.
But then he had lots of friends who can be blamed for the loss too.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Darth Vader
Club Player

It’s pretty obvious. When we win he’s the future of the competition. When we lose we should’ve picked Rozee.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

poatina wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 9:55pm As I said, untouchable.
All’s great, we didn’t lose today, everything’s going to be great, There are those who can be constantly criticised( see another thread head for three names ) but not Max King.
I’m not a troll. I’ve been a St Kilda member for longer than most of you have been alive. But respectful discussion is impossible on this forum, so , like many others, goodbye for good.
The ball didn't go up to the forward line in the second or third quarter....When it did he was double teamed.
WTF do you want from the kid?

Nee!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

poatina wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 9:55pm As I said, untouchable.
Bye bye. :wink:

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

poatina wrote: Sat 11 Jul 2020 9:55pm But respectful discussion is impossible on this forum, so, like many others, goodbye for good.
See ya - we will miss your 87 posts!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!