Need Brisbane’s Scalp

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Need Brisbane’s Scalp

I think Sunday is a huge game
Win that and we are sending a message that the Cats game was a blip
Lose by 5+ and we are a good lower top 8 side - which IMO is probably right as we are still developing but gee....be nice to get excited and send a message..
Ratts wants a top 4 test again....here it is..

“Yeah….nah””
johnearljames
Club Player

Re: Need Brisbane’s Scalp

We should give it a shake. Lions just beat North. Big game. I'm pretty confident we are going to give them a rattle and shake.

Want to watch the most boring and devious thing on television and probably in mankind's history, then tune into a daily live press conference at 11am.
St Loxton
Club Player

Neale will have to deal with our Steele, that will be their Achilles heel I feel.

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Tough gig but we need to play 4 quarters not 1 or 2 .We have come along way but when you are playing genuine contenders on their home turf you need to bring your A grade game. Not saying we can't but need to be at our best IMO

Secret Kiel
Club Player

The Lions weakness is our strength, the backline.

As always a victory in the midfleid will be crucial. They will go in with the stonger lineup.

shrodes
SS Life Member

St Loxton wrote: Sun 16 Aug 2020 10:38pm Neale will have to deal with our Steele, that will be their Achilles heel I feel.
Just gotta play with zeal, get the ball and peel, otherwise we might be in for an ordeal.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

St Loxton wrote: Sun 16 Aug 2020 10:38pm Neale will have to deal with our Steele, that will be their Achilles heel I feel.
Unreal :wink:

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Am not as confident as I was, though I’m trying to keep in mind that we apparently took our foot right off the peddle today on purpose, so at least we should be fresh.

Play like we did in the first quarter today and we’re a big chance. If we turn up like the second half, will be a flogging.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
stkfc1
Club Player

In Ratts We Trust!

Saints by 22.

To the top
SS Life Member

We last played them at Docklands late last season

They looked all class and gave us a decent touch up

We have a significantly different side this year so we will see the outcome next weekend

The concern I have is that in the absence of Hannebery we are not capitalising on the excellent ruck work of Ryder - and this has been our Achilles heel to date Steele and Jones have the mature bodies but some others we are throwing in the centre square are just not impacting

Apart from that our small forwards did not seem to be positioned for the defensive spoils but perhaps that was a function of the Essendon mids outworking ours hence the disposals racked up by those players

The upshot of this is that I continue to have doubts on the likes of Sinclair, Hind and Lonie including because they lack size

Kent was absent today - and he has the bigger body so harder to block from the contest but is he of the class?

Gresham is but that brings us back to the midfield conundrum

Dunstan may enjoy being at Ryder’s feet

Ross should thrive but lacks the necessary

Every game is a new game so we trust that analysis and focus will see a better performance than today

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Not necessarily. Be a good test but it looks like we are not going to be top 4 even if we won. Be a nice dress rehearsal for the finals though.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

I think we will match up really well and are setting ourselves for this game before the bye.,

bigred
Saintsational Legend

We pinch this one and we're on.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

People were calling the Essendon game an 8 point game. That was just a game against a lower team that we needed to win.

This is a real 8 point game against a fellow top 4 contender

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Secret Kiel
Club Player

kosifantutti wrote: Mon 17 Aug 2020 7:42am People were calling the Essendon game an 8 point game. That was just a game against a lower team that we needed to win.

Good sides bounce back from bad defeats and good sides just get the job done against teams lower on
on the ladder who haven't got much to play for. We have a long way to go before we announce our top 4 arrival but the growth trajectory is still heading north...just. This season is turning out to be a good training run. Bring on a virus free 2021 and full strength footy.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Mon 17 Aug 2020 8:20am
kosifantutti wrote: Mon 17 Aug 2020 7:42am People were calling the Essendon game an 8 point game. That was just a game against a lower team that we needed to win.

Good sides bounce back from bad defeats and good sides just get the job done against teams lower on
on the ladder who haven't got much to play for. We have a long way to go before we announce our top 4 arrival but the growth trajectory is still heading north...just. This season is turning out to be a good training run. Bring on a virus free 2021 and full strength footy.
Why don't you go and tell Brody Mihocek that he is lucky he isn't playing full strength footy

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Secret Kiel
Club Player

Devilhead wrote: Mon 17 Aug 2020 8:49am

Why don't you go and tell Brody Mihocek that he is lucky he isn't playing full strength footy
You're missing the point grasshopper. I can knock myself out at training. Capisci?

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Mon 17 Aug 2020 8:52am
Secret Kiel wrote: Mon 17 Aug 2020 8:20am Good sides bounce back from bad defeats and good sides just get the job done against teams lower on
You're missing the point grasshopper. I can knock myself out at training. Capisci?
Yeah cause players do that every week :roll:

I think you miss the point of Australian Rules Football

Verstehst du?

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Just as a matter on interest because I find it really annoying -0 isn't there some sort of rule on here governing the size of signatures and the graphics that they can contain? Really annoying that half a page is taken up with someone's desperate virtue signalling.....

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Or tell the Carlton players that they don't actually really care about their win :roll:

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Secret Kiel
Club Player

Devilhead wrote: Mon 17 Aug 2020 9:08am
Secret Kiel wrote: Mon 17 Aug 2020 8:20am Good sides bounce back from bad defeats and good sides just get the job done against teams lower on

Verstehst du?
Oh so collision accidents don't happen at training in one of the most brutal contact sports on earth (insert tosser rolling eyes emoji)

takeaway
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Mon 17 Aug 2020 9:44am

Or tell the Carlton players that they don't actually really care about their win :roll:
Well, it is Carlton. They'll take any win, even an AFL Lite win, especially in those circumstances.
All clubs in the hubs have undergone sessions organised by the AFL to educate the players to amplify enthusiasm, desire, reactions in the games to give the impression of a normal season, it is in everyone's interest to keep the barbarian hordes entertained and distracted in these difficult times.
:) 8-)

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote: Mon 17 Aug 2020 9:08am

Verstehst du?
Yes. Well I do anyway. :wink:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote: Mon 17 Aug 2020 9:29am Just as a matter on interest because I find it really annoying -0 isn't there some sort of rule on here governing the size of signatures and the graphics that they can contain? Really annoying that half a page is taken up with someone's desperate virtue signalling.....
Turn all the signatures off. I have. Much easier to read. :D

StPeter
Club Player

I agree this week is an 8 point game but so was Essendon.

If they had beaten us, we would only be 2 points ahead with Essendon having a game in hand. An important win.