Saints fans for Robert Muir Go Fund Me

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Saints fans for Robert Muir Go Fund Me

Calling on all St Kilda Football Club fans to support past player Robert Muir to get his shoulder fixed and show him the collective care and support that should’ve been afforded him when he played for our club.

Let’s raise enough for his surgery plus some extra to say that we appreciate his service and devotion to our Club.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/saints-fans- ... n0tVqvWl_M

st sandy
Club Player

Re: Saints fans for Robert Muir Go Fund Me

Simply a fantastic outcome to date - $27K raised by 2.30pm. Looking for $40K according to the page.
Lots of sainters from previous years have donated & many supporters from other clubs
This is why we love footy & the footy community.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Original target was $25k and that was achieved in hours. In reality he needs $30k+ for the surgery and recovery thereafter.

Wouldn't hurt if we managed to raise a bit more so that he can have a better life financially but more importantly emotionally.

We must show him our love.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Currently sitting just below $48k

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Unbelievable. Incredibly sad story and so heartwarming that there are so many generous ppl out there finally able to help him. The racism some of these guys had to tolerate is almost sickening. Whilst we've all come a long way it shows we've probably got a fair distance to go yet.

I watched that Adam Goodes doco for the first time the other night. Opened my eyes to a few things. Whilst I'm not convinced that the whole thing was racially motivated, maybe it was, mainly because us white fellas are completely ignorant to the casual racism we inflict on others without even realising it.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Hopefully Eddie McGuire chips in a bit due to the disgrace that is Collingwood and what he helped engineer on the Footy Show.

That’s worth a $10,000 donation from him alone.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
George27
Club Player

Over $71 K now . Well done , Saints fans .

Shaggy
Club Player

George27 wrote: Sun 23 Aug 2020 9:46pm Over $71 K now . Well done , Saints fans .
It is terrific but not only Saints fans. I went online to see whether my contribution registered and Bob Murphy contributed $250 at same time.
Thanks Hard Saint for this thread otherwise I would not have known about it. Robbie was a genuine star in tough times and is an important part of my childhood.

saint64
Club Player

Just donated to this great cause.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

George27 wrote: Sun 23 Aug 2020 9:46pm Over $71 K now . Well done , Saints fans .
Just so wrapped at the response to the article. It was a really well researched article and incredibly well written. It's what proper journalism is all about. The best thing that happened all weekend. I really love the club's response too, the media statement was thoughtful written and the club took the opportunity to get on the front foot and own the narrative.

It just gives hope that we are heading in the right direction with combating rasism. A long way to go but it's events like these that can start the healing for individuals like Robbie and for anyone else who has or is experiencing racism.

Faulky63
Club Player

I have made a donation though only $25.
It is however great to see the amount already raised and the support has been outstanding. All supporters should be proud of this achievement, kudos to the club also for taking the time yesterday to take a stand and rectify and hopefully heal any differences that are outstanding.
Racism has NO place in our society!!

asiu
Saintsational Legend

The best thing that happened all weekend.
yep.

well done everyone ... good work

gaz proud of the Collective

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Just under 96k right now.

Will probably crack 100k by midday.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Over $100,000 now. I don't whether HardSaint was involved in setting up the fund, but congratulations to those who did and to all those who have donated. Money never replaces bad experiences and memories but the good will behind the donations may be of some solace to Robert and his family. The words from the Club, and the AFL leadership, were sincere - the AFL, and almost all of the clubs, being at the forefront of addressing a blight on our society that some still want to ignore.
Last edited by perfectionist on Mon 24 Aug 2020 1:02pm, edited 1 time in total.

st sandy
Club Player

Yep
Now $102K donated. Incredible!!
Well done to saint fans & footy community
This can only assist Robert to get his life back on track

asiu
Saintsational Legend

you’d think the old fella
will be able to ease into a smile
as all this (part of his story) unfolds

‘n all thumbs up to that

well done that women
well done the storytellers
well done #32
well done the responsibility takers

my contemptuousness levels
for my fellows
dissipates a tad more

so thats a thanks from me also

well done the Collective

huge work towards a healing
Last edited by asiu on Mon 24 Aug 2020 1:12pm, edited 1 time in total.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Secret Kiel
Club Player

Just so encouraging and really gives hope.

I'd like to hear from the AFL too, Robbie mentioned how he didn't like his unwanted nickname or how the AFL had leveraged from it and how that impacted his children and grandchildren, so I think there is a move that can be made by the AFL, must be made.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Interesting to look at the names on the list of the 1900 or so people who have donated. Aussies opening up their hearts and their wallets once more to aid those less fortunate.

I wonder if it is the same makeup with other appeals. Sticks out like dog's balls actually. :cry:
Last edited by saynta on Mon 24 Aug 2020 3:42pm, edited 2 times in total.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Well done to all evolved !
Questions without notice
How long does it take before Robbie gets the money?
Will he get more than the 10 cents in the dollar that he probably got in the 80's?
Glad he's not in Victoria as he would probably not be able to have elective surgery for years

In red white and black from 73
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Mon 24 Aug 2020 10:22am
Just so wrapped at the response to the article. It was a really well researched article and incredibly well written. It's what proper journalism is all about. The best thing that happened all weekend. I really love the club's response too, the media statement was thoughtful written and the club took the opportunity to get on the front foot and own the narrative.

It just gives hope that we are heading in the right direction with combating rasism. A long way to go but it's events like these that can start the healing for individuals like Robbie and for anyone else who has or is experiencing racism.
Very well said. Hear, hear!

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

And Matt Finnis' performance on SEN this morning in not only backing the statement but giving context to how those in the club were feeling. It's a genuine, heartfelt response from a club and it's leaders whom you get the feeling 'get it'.

Go you red, black & white warriors
Secret Kiel
Club Player

Saintmatt wrote: Mon 24 Aug 2020 4:02pm

And Matt Finnis' performance on SEN this morning in not only backing the statement but giving context to how those in the club were feeling. It's a genuine, heartfelt response from a club and it's leaders whom you get the feeling 'get it'.
Yeah nice work by Matt and the club. I really hope the love is getting through to Robbie and his family and I hope it can make a positive difference to his children and grand children as much as for Robbie.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Over 109,000 dollars now and the pattern with the names keeps continuing.

BonoRocks
Club Player

Why did it get shut down. Let the people give to the man. Maybe help him and his kids more than anyone could imagine

He deserves something good in his life. The people are speaking with their own money. Let them continue

🤗

suss
Club Player

BonoRocks wrote: Mon 24 Aug 2020 8:03pm Why did it get shut down. Let the people give to the man. Maybe help him and his kids more than anyone could imagine

He deserves something good in his life. The people are speaking with their own money. Let them continue

🤗
I agree. Had they let this run for a few more days they would've made a lot more money - it was just gathering steam in the media. Does anyone know the organiser?