Everitt, back on board

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bowey Boy
Club Player

Everitt, back on board

Just on Ten talking “us”.

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
longtimesaint
Club Player

Re: Everitt, back on board

Spuds was an unusual character but has always been Saints.
His son is in the father son program.

One year will be our year
longtimesaint
Club Player

Meant Spida

One year will be our year
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Worst decision of the GT era was moving Spida on when he did...
Everite didn’t do himself any favours in his last year or so but he really was the missing ingredient in 04

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Thu 01 Oct 2020 7:10pm Worst decision of the GT era was moving Spida on when he did...
Everite didn’t do himself any favours in his last year or so but he really was the missing ingredient in 04
Didn't he ask to be traded?

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote: Thu 01 Oct 2020 7:14pm
skeptic wrote: Thu 01 Oct 2020 7:10pm Worst decision of the GT era was moving Spida on when he did...
What I thought too.
Mind, hard to tell, being encouraged to leave vs wanting to anyway.

I blame Paul Salmon

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Thu 01 Oct 2020 7:28pm
What I thought too.

I blame Paul Salmon
Not many articles remain from that period but found a little snippet

"We have always said, whether Spider stays or goes, we would be in a better position," Thomas said. "He didn't want to be at our club and whether we find new players or draft new players, we will have people who want to be at our club."

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/eve ... duq8s.html

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote: Thu 01 Oct 2020 7:43pm
What I thought too.

I blame Paul Salmon

"We have always said, whether Spider stays or goes, we would be in a better position," Thomas said. "He didn't want to be at our club and whether we find new players or draft new players, we will have people who want to be at our club."

Well, I accept that on face value but might add, (Spiders don't like being told to play boy scouts) and (fashionable at the time skip over to a Hawthorn, Collingwood or Carlton)

supersaints2
Club Player

Is he selling raffle tickets????

I used to be supersaints but after 16 years my profile dissapeared... ??? if I make any reference to past posts .. it will be under supersiants.. glad to be back on line
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

What I thought too.

I blame Paul Salmon

Interesting.

Don’t know why I always thought he was moved on under the guise of improving the team culture.
Perhaps they didn’t try too hard to encourage him to stay?

Either way, was a bad outcome for both parties

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Thu 01 Oct 2020 8:20pm
Don’t know why I always thought he was moved on under the guise of improving the team culture.

Just another of a long list of myths given manure by you...tabloid level.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

It looks like I'm taking a pot shot at him, but there was a game vs Doggies where we had been leadimg and the Dogs were making a late charge- after a Doggies goal, Spida dragged his feet to the centre bounce with shoulders slumped like 'we're gonna lose'

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Bowey Boy
Club Player

Who was ruck in 2004 and 2005?

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Thu 01 Oct 2020 10:40pm It looks like I'm taking a pot shot at him, but there was a game vs Doggies where we had been leadimg and the Dogs were making a late charge- after a Doggies goal, Spida dragged his feet to the centre bounce with shoulders slumped like 'we're gonna lose'
Are you thinking of the infamous Max Hudghton tears game in 2000 after we gave up a 5 odd goal lead?

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Thu 01 Oct 2020 10:58pm
WellardSaint wrote: Thu 01 Oct 2020 10:40pm It looks like I'm taking a pot shot at him, but there was a game vs Doggies where we had been leadimg and the Dogs were making a late charge- after a Doggies goal, Spida dragged his feet to the centre bounce with shoulders slumped like 'we're gonna lose'
Are you thinking of the infamous Max Hudghton tears game in 2000 after we gave up a 5 odd goal lead?
We cried for Maxy that day. How we needed that win after such a terrible season. How close we were and denied. Love Maxy and he is higher than mortal men. Lyon dropping him just orrible.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Thu 01 Oct 2020 10:30pm

Another contribution that no one knows which way you swing. Was Spider moved on or did he want to leave? Read again, those quotes by GT & tell me how you interpret them, knowing the person if you actually do.

oboe
Club Player

Glad he was moved along - disgusting individual who ended up stuffing Hawthorn as well. Don't care how talented somebody is or was, he was a bogun that was involved in a nasty dirty situation. Now, how come we have not been involved in any Covid Breaches this year - unlike most other clubs? Answer - no nobs like Everitt anymore. Great Player, crappy team mate and human being.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Thu 01 Oct 2020 11:40pm
Vortex wrote: Thu 01 Oct 2020 10:30pm

Another contribution that no one knows which way you swing. Was Spider moved on or did he want to leave? Read again, those quotes by GT & tell me how you interpret them, knowing the person if you actually do.
I'm an unabashed GT fan and don't think I've ever posted about this before. And regardless of whether Spider was pushed or jumped, the club facilitated moving him on. We would have kept him if we wanted to. The emphasis of the time was all about positive culture and youth. I don't think GT was a big Spider fan

Very weird response... smacks of emotion. Kind of like when he swore last year that we would make the finals and Richo's contract was going to be extended. Some of us make observations based on what we see or results... others feel the vibe of personal preferences is equally as good

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

What I thought too.

I blame Paul Salmon

Interesting.

Perhaps they didn’t try too hard to encourage him to stay?

Either way, was a bad outcome for both parties
He was. Spider - by his own admission - was out of control in his last season. So was Barry Hall. They both played their last game v the Dawks where Hall kicked one late to win it for us. They spent the night by themselves in the corner of the old Moorabbin Social Club whilst the rest of the team got amongst it.

Go you red, black & white warriors
saynta
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Thu 01 Oct 2020 11:02pm
skeptic wrote: Thu 01 Oct 2020 10:58pm
We cried for Maxy that day. How we needed that win after such a terrible season. How close we were and denied. Love Maxy and he is higher than mortal men. Lyon dropping him just orrible.
Yep, cost us big time. :cry:

The Craw
Club Player

Everitt's effort in Stewie Leowes farewell game was a dead set disgrace.

Disrespected one of the icon's of the club .... unforgivable.

Not Craw, CRAW!
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Think Everitt and Carlisle might be very similiar in personality - selfish....

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Peter was a great player, not too dissimilar to Rowan with his ability to take the centre knockout and then sprint into the forward arc ready to be a tall in a subsequent marking contest. He was a very accurate kick for goal with 61% accuracy - as good as almost all. He and Lazar were the perfect combo - whereas Peter ran forward, Lazar ran back and became our 'loose man in defence' and took many contested marks, then moved it on quickly and the attack was off. When Stan has been asked about the loss of Peter in the 1st semi costing us the flag, he has always said, it wasn't the loss of No 10, but the loss of No 9. Both went down in the space of less than 30 minutes - Lazar in the last 5 minutes of the final H&A game against Port and Peter in the first 15 minutes of the very next game, the 1st semi. Unbelievable.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The Craw wrote: Fri 02 Oct 2020 12:00pm Everitt's effort in Stewie Leowes farewell game was a dead set disgrace.

Disrespected one of the icon's of the club .... unforgivable.
What did he do?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote: Sat 03 Oct 2020 12:42pm Peter was a great player, not too dissimilar to Rowan with his ability to take the centre knockout and then sprint into the forward arc ready to be a tall in a subsequent marking contest. He was a very accurate kick for goal with 61% accuracy - as good as almost all. He and Lazar were the perfect combo - whereas Peter ran forward, Lazar ran back and became our 'loose man in defence' and took many contested marks, then moved it on quickly and the attack was off. When Stan has been asked about the loss of Peter in the 1st semi costing us the flag, he has always said, it wasn't the loss of No 10, but the loss of No 9. Both went down in the space of less than 30 minutes - Lazar in the last 5 minutes of the final H&A game against Port and Peter in the first 15 minutes of the very next game, the 1st semi. Unbelievable.
I was a big fan. Remember seeing him play in a reserves final out at Waverley in 1992, the day we played the dogs in the seniors.

Miserable wet day too, as I remember.