You heard it here first. <Treloar rumour 0/3>

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPelican66
Club Player

You heard it here first. <Treloar rumour 0/3>

After 5pm on Wednesday when the trade for Crouch has gone through we will be turning our attention full on to Treloar.
What I am hearing is if Collingfilth pay $200,000 per year for the full 5 years we will offer them our first pick. It is currently 17 but will most probably end up around 21 after all the F/S and Academy compensations.

Are we happy with this? I am.

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Re: You heard it here first..................

Yep, I'm up for that.

Only issue is the requirement for using first round picks, I think its a minimum of 2 in a 4-year period. If we trade out this year's, we might be locked into using one in 2021, which is pretty restricting if something opportunistic comes up (ie. Ben King wanting to come home)

SinCitySainter
Club Player

I would be absolutely ecstatic if they could do that.
Treloar and Crouch added to our midfield gives us a seriously strong midfield combination.
Treloar is a midfield beast he runs all day non-stop.
Him, Jones and Hill as the running machines would be really hard to stop.
Crouch and Steele for the in and under stuff allows us to slowly blood Bytel.
Add the class of Billings, Clarke and Hannebury rotating through.
Then with a little X-factor from Gresham and Higgins (assuming we get him as well) rotating through mid/forward that is pretty compelling.

While I would really love this to be true I just can't see it happening.

SaintPelican66
Club Player

St Chris wrote: Mon 02 Nov 2020 3:56pm Yep, I'm up for that.

Only issue is the requirement for using first round picks, I think its a minimum of 2 in a 4-year period. If we trade out this year's, we might be locked into using one in 2021, which is pretty restricting if something opportunistic comes up (ie. Ben King wanting to come home)
I would still do it. With the additian of Crouch and Treloar we would have the best midfiekld in the comp. With a little luck we would win the flag in 2021 and then bring in Bing in 2022 by trading out a player(s).

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Collingwood are just going to hand over $1M from their salary cap?

And if they're so desperate to get rid of him, doesn't that have you wondering why?

Not sure how well he'll go next year being away from his family, and there sounds like more must be going on behind the scenes.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Good point however there is some ambiguity around the rule and if Ben was on offer next year (trade 2021) we will have used 3 X first round picks in the previous 4 years drafts, if Ben is 2022 we would need to use the 2021 first round pick.

The only exception to that is where a club has applied for and received special permission, with the AFL weighing up the age of the players brought in and other draft selections used in that time.

Min 2 X first round picks in previous 4 years

2021 -
2020 - 0 (Treloar)
2019 - 0
2018 - King
2017 - Coffield/ Clark

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Starting midfield
Crouch, Treloar, Steele
Hill, Jones, Hannerbery
Clark and Ross

Gresh and Billing’s rotating through the FP

That seems pretty strong

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Mon 02 Nov 2020 4:08pm Starting midfield
Crouch, Treloar, Steele
Hill, Jones, Hannerbery
Clark and Ross

Gresh and Billing’s rotating through the FP

That seems pretty strong
And what about Jack Higgins?

You'd think one or two decent players would need to be traded out to fit Treloar in.
Ross is an obvious choice as he should have market value and though a good player one we could lose without great impact IMO.

Trades that may have some value: Lonie, Carslile, Ross & Dunstan.
2 more years at least from Hannebery, unless he retires, he is one I'd be happy to see go.

Webster, Roberton, Hind, McKenzie & Kent all look surplus to needs but would get little in return.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
ace
Saintsational Legend

That's a rolling 4 year.
So if you want to trade away your current year and future first round pick, you need two consecutive years before and two consecutive years after the future year when you use the first round pick at the draft.
Means you can only trade out two first rounders in a single year once in 6 years.
You can secure a first rounder to get around using your own picks.
End of first round compensation picks do not count but middle of first round to count.
For example you may be able to sell all your current year second, third and fourth round picks to buy a late first round pick to use.
But if you constantly go into future pick debt like St Kilda you can't be doing that.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
ace
Saintsational Legend

In 2019 St Kilda split pick 6 into 12 and 18 in but we used both of those in the Paddy Ryder/ Dougal Howard deal.
However that deal netted pick 10 but that pick was used in securing Brad Hill.
So St Kilda did not use a first round pick in the 2019 draft.
Result St Kilda must use 2 first round picks at the draft of 2020, 2021 & 2022.
Unless St Kilda we can bring in another first round pick in those years St Kilda can not sell 2020 and 2021 drafts picks if we want to buy Ben King with 2 first round picks in 2022.
Can't be done in 2021.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Treloar won't be in a good space next year. As good as he is I'd prefer Higgins.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Yeah I'm calling bullshyt.

You heard it here first.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

We need some proven ITK clarification.

Ted can you confirm?

damienc
Club Player

Didn’t Lethlean rule Treloar out as a trade target? What’s changed? Genuine question.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Mon 02 Nov 2020 5:11pm We need some proven ITK clarification.

Ted can you confirm?
If Ted is not sure then i'll wait for Gags to strut his stuff, when he's finished at the end of trade week, all the bulldust will be mute.
Last edited by Wayne42 on Mon 02 Nov 2020 5:57pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Why do people even bother posting this crap?

I'm all up for a joke and some banter, but this just shows a total lack of respect for genuine information and discussion.

Poster has been part of the SS community for years as well.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
remboy
SS Hall of Fame

damienc wrote: Mon 02 Nov 2020 5:24pm Didn’t Lethlean rule Treloar out as a trade target? What’s changed? Genuine question.
Somebody posted something on a football forum. Seems to be as accurate as most of the stuff that ends up in the media.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
HarryM
Club Player

bigred wrote: Mon 02 Nov 2020 5:00pm Yeah I'm calling bullshyt.

You heard it here first.
I'm with you bigred....

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Mon 02 Nov 2020 5:33pm Why do people even bother posting this crap?

I'm all up for a joke and some banter, but this just shows a total lack of respect for genuine information and discussion.

Poster has been part of the SS community for years as well.

damienc
Club Player

remboy wrote: Mon 02 Nov 2020 5:35pm
damienc wrote: Mon 02 Nov 2020 5:24pm Didn’t Lethlean rule Treloar out as a trade target? What’s changed? Genuine question.
Somebody posted something on a football forum. Seems to be as accurate as most of the stuff that ends up in the media.
Not quite. Lethlean said it on trade radio. It is on the public record that we are not chasing Treloar. Hence my question, what has changed?

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

damienc wrote: Mon 02 Nov 2020 6:00pm
Not quite. Lethlean said it on trade radio. It is on the public record that we are not chasing Treloar. Hence my question, what has changed?
Pure speculation, but perhaps a lack of suitors for Treloar has meant Collingwood is more open to stumping up his wage and lowering their expected return.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

straight trade for our cheapest player - to alleviate their salary issues and help them put $200k towards his salry at the saints. we have to be fair minded for clubs in trouble!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
SaintPelican66
Club Player

What's changed is we know the Crowlice were bluffung now and we are getting Crouch as a Free Agent. We suspected that would be the case but didn't know for sure until today. I'm just the messenger. Make of that what you will. Don't shoot the messenger.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Nah I mean no disrespect.

I just dont believe it will happen.

Not enough cap space. Not enough future cap space.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
damienc
Club Player

SaintPelican66 wrote: Mon 02 Nov 2020 6:55pm
What's changed is we know the Crowlice were bluffung now and we are getting Crouch as a Free Agent. We suspected that would be the case but didn't know for sure until today. I'm just the messenger. Make of that what you will. Don't shoot the messenger.
Not shooting the messenger at all. Lethlean also said we couldn't afford Treloar. Just asking the how question.