The malignancy had 10 disposals!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

1965 Saint
Club Player

The malignancy had 10 disposals!

He who should be excised had a paltry 10 disposals. Apart from the lucky goal the ones I can recall either went out of bounds or to a Port player. I can’t even be bothered calculating what we’re paying him in terms of $/disposal. I’m sure the result would be obscene though. I lead a very highly engaged team and it’s all founded on respect that every team member has for everyone else’s commitment and contribution. What I’m observing is a team with a level of engagement at the other end of the continuum. That is: DISENGAGED. Once you’re down in those weeds it’s a long painful haul digging out of it.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Re: The malignancy had 10 disposals!

1965 Saint wrote: Sun 25 Apr 2021 11:09pm He who should be excised had a paltry 10 disposals. Apart from the lucky goal the ones I can recall either went out of bounds or to a Port player. I can’t even be bothered calculating what we’re paying him in terms of $/disposal. I’m sure the result would be obscene though. I lead a very highly engaged team and it’s all founded on respect that every team member has for everyone else’s commitment and contribution. What I’m observing is a team with a level of engagement at the other end of the continuum. That is: DISENGAGED. Once you’re down in those weeds it’s a long painful haul digging out of it.
Is it affecting the team, especially with the "he shall not be dropped" motto.

What a rabble.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
B.M
Saintsational Legend

What’s worse

His opponent had 26 in the first half

And another thing, he’s fat!

saintbob
SS Life Member

1965 Saint wrote: Sun 25 Apr 2021 11:09pm He who should be excised had a paltry 10 disposals. Apart from the lucky goal the ones I can recall either went out of bounds or to a Port player. I can’t even be bothered calculating what we’re paying him in terms of $/disposal. I’m sure the result would be obscene though. I lead a very highly engaged team and it’s all founded on respect that every team member has for everyone else’s commitment and contribution. What I’m observing is a team with a level of engagement at the other end of the continuum. That is: DISENGAGED. Once you’re down in those weeds it’s a long painful haul digging out of it.
Agree 100%

The worse thing is reading “Voldemort’s” body language, he has no inclination what so ever to want to even try and dig his way out of those weeds.

carn_sainter
Club Player

Anyone who really thinks one player is the problem is seriously deluded. Talk about missing the point!

If that were the case it only highlights more the fragility of the group as a whole and the system as a whole. Systems and organisations are supposed to be robust enough to handle one or two parts not performing well.

Even Tony Lockett at full forward would struggle to have an impact and make this a winning club at the moment. Even Lenny Hayes at centre bounces could do only so much.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

carn_sainter wrote: Sun 25 Apr 2021 11:52pm Anyone who really thinks one player is the problem is seriously deluded. Talk about missing the point!

If that were the case it only highlights more the fragility of the group as a whole and the system as a whole. Systems and organisations are supposed to be robust enough to handle one or two parts not performing well.

Even Tony Lockett at full forward would struggle to have an impact and make this a winning club at the moment. Even Lenny Hayes at centre bounces could do only so much.
He's the highest paid player, he is woeful and is undroppable, what affect does that have on team morale.

Let alone the 2nd highest paid player is a permanent spectator. We are a joke.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
carn_sainter
Club Player

Wayne42 wrote: Sun 25 Apr 2021 11:55pm
carn_sainter wrote: Sun 25 Apr 2021 11:52pm Anyone who really thinks one player is the problem is seriously deluded. Talk about missing the point!

He's the highest paid player, he is woeful and is undroppable, what affect does that have on team morale.

Team morale should be stronger than one player. This is the point...how weak is the group and the individuals that make it up that they lose motivation because one guy is underperforming? That's not the mind of an elite athlete or a high performing team. To think that elite athletes lose their competitiveness because of one guy...it's oxymoronic actually

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

carn_sainter wrote: Mon 26 Apr 2021 12:03am
Wayne42 wrote: Sun 25 Apr 2021 11:55pm

Team morale should be stronger than one player. This is the point...how weak is the group and the individuals that make it up that they lose motivation because one guy is underperforming? That's not the mind of an elite athlete or a high performing team. To think that elite athletes lose their competitiveness because of one guy...it's oxymoronic actually
But is it true, that's what i wonder ?

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

If Hill doesn't get dropped this week then Ratts needs to be sacked. It's that simple.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

And if Hill is injured then I want to hear Ratts say he would of been dropped anyway. It will be as week as piss to hide behind an injury.

And there are many others that shouldn't get a game but it starts with the Rock Star and probably bats at least 5 deep.

Carlisle
King
Lonie
Clark
Butter

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

To call one of our players a malignancy is pretty insulting. Poor form

Winmar7
Club Player

cwrcyn wrote: Mon 26 Apr 2021 12:11pm To call one of our players a malignancy is pretty insulting. Poor form
This guy is on a one man crusade to drive him out of the club...

outside66
Club Player

Inferring that someone is a malignant cancer seems a bit out of step for someone that claims to be leader of a highly engaged team founded on respect...blah-blah-blah. As a matter of fact, it makes you sound like a miserable c***. Our entire club is cooked at the minute so to single out 1 player doesn't make sense.

shadrock
Club Player

outside66 wrote: Mon 26 Apr 2021 12:46pm
Inferring that someone is a malignant cancer seems a bit out of step for someone that claims to be leader of a highly engaged team founded on respect...blah-blah-blah. As a matter of fact, it makes you sound like a miserable c***. Our entire club is cooked at the minute so to single out 1 player doesn't make sense.
But if thats not the most engaged Mcdonalds drive-thru team ever then i dont know what is...

SaintDippa
Club Player

You can't carry a bloke who will not tackle. If he's kicking 6 sure. And this myth of elite foot skills?? Ordinary by foot. Time for a rest. Don't mean to harsh, well maybe, but will not be missed on current output.

1965 Saint
Club Player

cwrcyn wrote: Mon 26 Apr 2021 12:11pm To call one of our players a malignancy is pretty insulting. Poor form
You all disliked cancer roo. What does it need to be: the beacon that’s been injected into our team that isn’t quite having the desired effect?

sks023
Club Player

Stop the Hill Bashing
You guys are f++++d

Look out kids, they keep it all hid
Laurie
Club Player

I think the recruiting dept needs the finger pointed at them for the decision to recruit Hannebery and Hill one was cooked before he arrived the other plays bruise free footy .

Hill must be dropped never seen such a soft effort from a guy on big coin.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Why didn’t he have these issues at other clubs?

He had played 8 years of AFL footy before we picked him up

And he was a genuine gun at both clubs

At StK
No confidence and no impact
And he’s not fit

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Instead of just being antagonistic towards posters Im just wondering what the Hill supporters see as his positives to the team ?
and please stop the mantra Elite Speed Elite skills those "attributes" left him last year

Seeya
sks023
Club Player

sunsaint wrote: Mon 26 Apr 2021 7:04pm Instead of just being antagonistic towards posters Im just wondering what the Hill supporters see as his positives to the team ?
and please stop the mantra Elite Speed Elite skills those "attributes" left him last year
Hill will most likely be at the club until the end of 2025. Why fight it ?

Look out kids, they keep it all hid
Gershwin
Club Player

sunsaint wrote: Mon 26 Apr 2021 7:04pm Instead of just being antagonistic towards posters Im just wondering what the Hill supporters see as his positives to the team ?
He was recruited to be the cream on the cake. The player that capitalised on the hard work done by the peons. Unfortunately the hard-workers aren't working hard enough and he has lost his purpose.

summertime and the living is easy ........
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Mon 26 Apr 2021 5:43pm Why didn’t he have these issues at other clubs?

At StK
And he’s not fit
Correct. This scapegoating of players is getting ridiculous.

We need to start developing players so that they can be better around the blokes we bring in to the club. I'll bet if he was to be honest he'd say that he's shocked by the helicopter kicks into the forward line, stray kicks out on the full time and time and time again.

Let's just be honest, we don't have a Rob Harvey on the list, we don't have a Lenny Hayes on the list, and we don't have a Jack Steven on the list any more. But we do have Jack Steele and with the right development he could be every bit as good as them. If Hannebery comes back soon, Steele will be even better this season.

So many players we recruited before 2019 have stagnated or gone backwards.

Part of it has to be our reserves.

Geelong, Hawthorn, Richmond and the 'Dogs all have on thing in common - a decent reserves side.

We can't blame the coaches anymore, they've all changed. A lot of the players have been turned over and many are prospering at other clubs, or at least getting regular senior games.

We matched the best sides in the league last year without the reserves. We get the reserves back this season, and hey presto! We suck again!

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Mon 26 Apr 2021 5:43pm Why didn’t he have these issues at other clubs?

At StK
And he’s not fit
Has the Messiah Syndrom had an unintended consequence.

Did you notice at any stage in the game where a player should have fed him the ball but didn't?

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Gershwin wrote: Mon 26 Apr 2021 7:27pm
He was recruited to be the cream on the cake. The player that capitalised on the hard work done by the peons. Unfortunately the hard-workers aren't working hard enough and he has lost his purpose.
as a winger the ball passes both ways attack & defence
his opposition just plays wide for a bruise free high possession game
If he does get the ball & under no pressure he neatly pops the ball OOF

Seeya