First cup of the season

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

First cup of the season

In fact first cup in decades! For those of you that like hard quiz the winner tonight was a young lady who had The mighty Saints as her topic!

Well done and go sainters! It’s a sign

Ps she said she drop it down to Moorabbin to help out the rather bare cabinet!

#1 Ryder fan
loris
Saintsational Legend

Re: First cup of the season

MC Gusto wrote: Wed 02 Mar 2022 8:46pm In fact first cup in decades! For those of you that like hard quiz the winner tonight was a young lady who had The mighty Saints as her topic!

Wasn’t Sarah great McGusto? Also a very lovely looking young lady with a keen sense of humour. She only got one question wrong on the Saints. I was surprised she didn’t know that part of our history re changing our colours, where Belgium was the country....... she said Germany. She also had a good general knowledge on other competitors subject.

I was pleased I only got one question on the Saints wrong myself. I couldn’t remember it was Tom Hickey who kicked the last goal on that massive comeback against Footscray. I thought it was Billings.

Those that didn’t see the show, it’s worth catching up with........ I’m sure you can see it on ABC Iview.

Actually she was way ahead of all the contestants throughout the show. However there is a sudden death shoot out on five questions between the leader and the person coming second. It became quite nail biting, Sarah had been leading the show by a big amount and I thought if its typical of Saints, she’ll have victory stripped off her in the final round. No she came through, maybe it’s an omen for the Sainters this year........... Onward and Upward Sainters :P

I hope someone from the Club, saw or heard about her being in the show & she gets a bit of recognition by them

Munga
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote: Thu 03 Mar 2022 12:04am re changing our colours, where Belgium was the country....... she said Germany.
That was the other fella who said Germany, facepalm moment that was :lol:

She smashed the quiz. I thought Hickey kicked the goal that got us going, I didn't remember that he put us in front too!

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
DJ Higgins
Club Player

I loved her answer regarding what to do with the trophy. Put it in our trophy case at Moorabbin so it looks less empty. Brilliant

St Plugger
Club Player

loris wrote: Thu 03 Mar 2022 12:04am
MC Gusto wrote: Wed 02 Mar 2022 8:46pm In fact first cup in decades! For those of you that like hard quiz the winner tonight was a young lady who had The mighty Saints as her topic!

Wasn’t Sarah great McGusto? Also a very lovely looking young lady with a keen sense of humour. She only got one question wrong on the Saints. I was surprised she didn’t know that part of our history re changing our colours, where Belgium was the country....... she said Germany. She also had a good general knowledge on other competitors subject.

I was pleased I only got one question on the Saints wrong myself. I couldn’t remember it was Tom Hickey who kicked the last goal on that massive comeback against Footscray. I thought it was Billings.

Those that didn’t see the show, it’s worth catching up with........ I’m sure you can see it on ABC Iview.

Actually she was way ahead of all the contestants throughout the show. However there is a sudden death shoot out on five questions between the leader and the person coming second. It became quite nail biting, Sarah had been leading the show by a big amount and I thought if its typical of Saints, she’ll have victory stripped off her in the final round. No she came through, maybe it’s an omen for the Sainters this year........... Onward and Upward Sainters :P

I hope someone from the Club, saw or heard about her being in the show & she gets a bit of recognition by them
Good synopsis. Watching, I too had the fear of dread that comes over we of the faith! But Sarah was strong in character [and knowledge] when the going got tough and was a run away victor! Congratulations to her for her win and for showing St Kilda in such a positive light.
Last edited by St Plugger on Thu 03 Mar 2022 11:57am, edited 1 time in total.

Sanctorum
Club Player

loris wrote: Thu 03 Mar 2022 12:04am

I never watch this show but for some reason while flicking through channels I stumbled on it - Sarah was really outstanding, hope she does put it on display at Moorabbin!

https://iview.abc.net.au/video/LE2131V005S00

"To do good is noble. To tell others to do good is even nobler and much less trouble.."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist