New appointment to the Board

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

New appointment to the Board

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Re: New appointment to the Board

Club statement includes something about her appointment will 'future-proof the board'.

Is that about gender equality?

Or...her experience in compliance being a guarantee that the board will tick every box on compliance and governance.

Remember years ago, Brown Paper Bags and Carlton self-reporting.
Essendope and 'governance'.

'Future-proof' might be a phrase ro placate sponsors like Pepper Money, RSEA, etc giving confidence that we're honest and transparent, not gonna embarrass them, etc

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

St Kilda Football Club has formalised the promotion of Sarah Lowe to the club’s Board.

A chartered accountant by background, Lowe has worked for almost two decades at global conglomerate EY (Ernst & Young Global Limited) and currently serves as Managing Partner, FSO Assurance, Asia-Pacific.

Along with her commitments as a club Director, Lowe will form part of a succession plan which will see her take on the full portfolio as Chair of the club’s Audit & Risk Committee by 2023.

So looks like she is there to make sure all the financial aspects are in order. Someone has to sign off on the beans being counted properly, and even moreso at present as we are a club that sails close to wind finance wise.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintly
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Thu 07 Apr 2022 5:06pm Club statement includes something about her appointment will 'future-proof the board'.

Is that about gender equality?

Or...her experience in compliance being a guarantee that the board will tick every box on compliance and governance.

Remember years ago, Brown Paper Bags and Carlton self-reporting.
Essendope and 'governance'.

'Future-proof' might be a phrase ro placate sponsors like Pepper Money, RSEA, etc giving confidence that we're honest and transparent, not gonna embarrass them, etc
Why do u have to see something sinister. In this.

sucession planning. She will take over from the guy

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

"Future Proof" are the funniest weasel words to infiltrate corporate speak in recent years. Only the most religious of believers would swallow it up in any context.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Thu 07 Apr 2022 9:51pm "Future Proof" are the funniest weasel words to infiltrate corporate speak in recent years. Only the most religious of believers would swallow it up in any context.
Agree
Right up there with
1. “Belief cloud”
2. “Training Services”
Or my favourite
3. “Exit Rob Harvey In”…

Just sayin Shiite really…

“Yeah….nah””
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Thu 07 Apr 2022 11:42pm
Vortex wrote: Thu 07 Apr 2022 9:51pm "Future Proof" are the funniest weasel words to infiltrate corporate speak in recent years. Only the most religious of believers would swallow it up in any context.
Agree
Right up there with
1. “Belief cloud”
2. “Training Services”
Or my favourite
3. “Exit Rob Harvey In”…

If I could "Future proof" anything I woulf be a billionaire living on my own tropical Island watching replays of St Kilda premierships...in colour.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Thu 07 Apr 2022 11:42pm
Agree
Right up there with
1. “Belief cloud”
2. “Training Services”
Or my favourite
3. “Exit Rob Harvey In”…

Training Services is my favourite.

GT had nearly everyone baffled when he trotted out that doozy. :lol:

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Isn’t she only a board member

Nothing to do with operations

happy feet
Club Player

This appears to be a good appointment. The Governance of a multi-million dollar entity is extremely important. When you get it right, everything sails along nicely. Get it wrong and it’s front page of the paper stuff. The most effective boards I have served on have good gender balance. The problematic ones tend to be full of old blokes like me.

Nothing to see here. This forum needs to concentrate on the footy.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Sarah Lowe wrote: I remember coming to Moorabbin as a young girl in very wet and windy conditions to watch the Saints play from the concrete bleachers. My dad was an avid St Kilda supporter and he’d be as proud as punch having me involved with the club.
This!!!!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

happy feet wrote: Fri 08 Apr 2022 8:24am This appears to be a good appointment. The Governance of a multi-million dollar entity is extremely important. When you get it right, everything sails along nicely. Get it wrong and it’s front page of the paper stuff. The most effective boards I have served on have good gender balance. The problematic ones tend to be full of old blokes like me.

I've had different experiences happy feet. Forget genders and agendas, it's the quality of the people on a Board that makes a good Board.

ctqs
Club Player

I don't know if this is a good appointment or not but as a matter of principle, is there any chance the members will ever get a say in who's appointed to the board?

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
happy feet
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Fri 08 Apr 2022 9:42am
happy feet wrote: Fri 08 Apr 2022 8:24am This appears to be a good appointment. The Governance of a multi-million dollar entity is extremely important. When you get it right, everything sails along nicely. Get it wrong and it’s front page of the paper stuff. The most effective boards I have served on have good gender balance. The problematic ones tend to be full of old blokes like me.

I've had different experiences happy feet. Forget genders and agendas, it's the quality of the people on a Board that makes a good Board.
There are certain qualities and qualifications that a company director is required to have, so in part I agree with your comments on the quality of the people. One of the worst boards I was on was dominated by silly old blokes that could not move with the times.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
saintly
Saintsational Legend

ctqs wrote: Fri 08 Apr 2022 6:37pm I don't know if this is a good appointment or not but as a matter of principle, is there any chance the members will ever get a say in who's appointed to the board?
Yes at the AGM, YOU get to vote.

saint6709
Club Player

happy feet wrote: Fri 08 Apr 2022 9:02pm

There are certain qualities and qualifications that a company director is required to have, so in part I agree with your comments on the quality of the people. One of the worst boards I was on was dominated by silly old blokes that could not move with the times.
Pretty basic stuff guys - the operational side of a multi million dollar entity doesn’t necessarily need to be managed and driven by male ex-football players

bangaulegend
SS Hall of Fame

Pick the right person that will fore fill the role they're employed to do . Male ,female,black,white doesn't matter IMO if they are the best applicant they get the job :wink: