Ins and outs v Giants

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Ins and outs v Giants

Presumably Webster comes straight back.

Zac Jones is a tough one whether to give him another week at Sandy. May depend on whether he feels he is up to it.

Vulnerable could include Windhager, Leinart, Paton. Probably others.

Thoughts?

SunnyErnie
Club Player

Re: Ins and outs v Giants

I think Jones for Windhager is a no brainer. Nothing against the kid but Jones is an automatic in if ready. The only other change I would consider is Highmore to replace Mason Wood. As far as Webster is concerned, right at this moment there is no spot for him. Unless there is an injury I can't see him back in any time soon. Imagine when Ryder, Billings, Hannebery and Clark are also available. How difficult will selection be then? Then there is our very promising youth that need games. Byrnes, Windhager, Bytel, Owens, Connolly and Sharman. They have no hope of playing unless injuries hit.

St Kilda should never trade with Essendon and Sydney ever again!!!

NeXus
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Out: Seb Ross
In: Owens

Apparently we’ll be a better side when he isn’t in it

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Sun 17 Apr 2022 1:08pm Out: Seb Ross
In: Owens

Apparently we’ll be a better side when he isn’t in it
LOL - dummy spit much

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Seriously though

Webster in
No brainer

Windhager Out

Long forward

Windhager Sub

dalboy
Club Player

Did Jimmy have covid? If not then straight back in.

Give Jones another hit out for Sandy.

Players in jeopardy - Wood, Lienert

Happiness is a warm pie!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

No way Leinart is out. He's a damn good player who knows how to hit a target. I can't understand how Port delisted him. They have no idea.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
spert
Saintsational Legend

I would keep Wood in and bring in Jones for Windhager- that's about it.

Sanctorum
Club Player

Gonna be hard to change a winning line-up because all of the above-mentioned listed as vulnerable did quite well: Wood, Lienert, Paton, Ross,even Windhager.

I like the look of Marcus, he appears to read the game well, hard as nails and accurate kick - like everyone else in the new look 2022 Saints he plays unselfish football and just as Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera has been persevered with and improves with every game, the same should happen with Windhager.

I say get games into the new recruits so if Zak Jones is to come into the team I'd do so at the expense of Seb Ross - even though he's having a much better year he's yesterday's hero.

Out with the old, In with the new!

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Sun 17 Apr 2022 4:08pm Gonna be hard to change a winning line-up because all of the above-mentioned listed as vulnerable did quite well: Wood, Lienert, Paton, Ross,even Windhager.

I like the look of Marcus, he appears to read the game well, hard as nails and accurate kick - like everyone else in the new look 2022 Saints he plays unselfish football and just as Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera has been persevered with and improves with every game, the same should happen with Windhager.

I say get games into the new recruits so if Zak Jones is to come into the team I'd do so at the expense of Seb Ross - even though he's having a much better year he's yesterday's hero.

Will never happen. Just wistful thinking on the part of some forumites.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Who played on Touk Miller in the second half as we took over the game?

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Sun 17 Apr 2022 4:08pm Gonna be hard to change a winning line-up because all of the above-mentioned listed as vulnerable did quite well: Wood, Lienert, Paton, Ross,even Windhager.

That’s harsh on Seb. Has been excellent the past few games. He looks fitter, runs all day, his disposal errors have diminished, is playing really well. Automatic best 22 at present.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Would be selected in the top 10 IMHFO.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Webster to give Paton a weeks rest.
Jones for Windhager if Jones is ready.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

bigcarl wrote: Sun 17 Apr 2022 12:27pm Presumably Webster comes straight back.

Zac Jones is a tough one whether to give him another week at Sandy. May depend on whether he feels he is up to it.

Vulnerable could include Windhager, Leinart, Paton. Probably others.

Thoughts?
Lienert stays in my opinion.
His cleverness and vigour, plus his size and accuracy, more than compensate for all of Dougal's shortcomings.

Jones needs another week in VFL.
Maybe Webster comes in for Paton, who some are saying seems off the pace

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Maybe, just maybe, Webster has lost his place and will need to come back via Sandy.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Long to play on Toby Green (if he doesn't come back through the reserves).

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Genuine pessure for places in the side is something we haven't had for sometime. It's a great sign for the club that things are going well.

It's a shame we don't have another FB to come in or put pressure on Howard as IMO he is struggling for form this year. Joyce seems to play only when Howard is not available and Highmore is probably a bit under sized. We bought in Adams last year but he will be a few years before he is ready, it's definitely a hole the recruiters need to fill at some point.
Last edited by Impatient Sainter on Sun 17 Apr 2022 6:44pm, edited 1 time in total.

DJ Higgins
Club Player

Webster in for butler possibly windhager out for Jones if Jones os match ready. Long would go back to forward as he deserves to keep his spot more than butler in my opinion. Nice problem to have

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Jones (if ready) for Windhager. Promising kid, who I think will make it as chances present themselves.

Webster (if fit) will come in. Not sure who to drop. Tough one for selectors, but they will have to omit someone to get him in.
Last edited by bigcarl on Sun 17 Apr 2022 7:16pm, edited 1 time in total.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

DJ Higgins wrote: Sun 17 Apr 2022 6:32pm Webster in for butler possibly windhager out for Jones if Jones os match ready. Long would go back to forward as he deserves to keep his spot more than butler in my opinion. Nice problem to have
Im glad you mentioned Butler, as gees he does some dumb things trying to be too smart. His forward pressure is important, but surely Ratts and co get sick of him trying to be too cute?

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sun 17 Apr 2022 5:18pm Would be selected in the top 10 IMHFO.
Thats correct Saynta. Most of them mids. But he isn't in the top 5 mids and younger ones are coming. Seb will answer the challenge I reckon but the pressure is on. As it should be in a club derious about September.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Thats correct Saynta. Most of them mids. But he isn't in the top 5 mids and younger ones are coming. Seb will answer the challenge I reckon but the pressure is on. As it should be in a club serious about September.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Sun 17 Apr 2022 7:24pm
Thats correct Saynta. Most of them mids. But he isn't in the top 5 mids and younger ones are coming. Seb will answer the challenge I reckon but the pressure is on. As it should be in a club serious about September.
Well, we can agree to disagree on this mate. However, I agree with you that Seb will continue to answer any challenge.

Who is in front of him as a pure mid who has been playing in that role in 2022?

Clearly Steele and maybe Crouch. Sinclair has been playing back and Gresh a bit forward and a bit mid.

So on my take Seb is in the top 3 mids.

It gets really boring seeing all the attempts to down grade a former acting captain, two times best and fairest, runner up a third time, and a player who has been a major contributor to our four wins this season.

Why, is it because some didn't accept or failed to recognise his early talent and skills and have been trying to justify their lack of football knowledge ever since? I think the answer to that is yes and i have been saying the same thing for years now.

I just hope that Seb has never heard of this forum or if he has , he just ignores the ill founded crap posted about him.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sun 17 Apr 2022 7:41pm
CQ SAINT wrote: Sun 17 Apr 2022 7:24pm
Well, we can agree to disagree on this mate.

Who is in front of him as a pure mid who has been playing in that role in 2022?

Clearly Steele and maybe Crouch. Sinclair has been playing back and Gresh a bit forward and a bit mid.

So on my take Seb is in the top 3 mids.

It gets really boring seeing all the attempts to down grade a former acting captain, two times best and fairest, runner up a third time, and a player who has been a major contributor to our four wins this season.

Why, is it because some didn't accept or failed to recognise his early talent and skills and have been trying to justify their lack of football knowledge ever since? I think the answer to that is yes and i have been saying the same thing for years now.

I just hope that Seb has never heard of this forum or if he has, he just ignores the ill founded crap posted about him.
We didnt downgrade him Saynta, the recruiters, the coaches, Steele and Crouch did. Bytel is waiting in the wings developing at Sandy. Windy and Owens have been blooded and at some stage the ball had to drop. It has dropped and Ross has responded. I hope he keeps it up.