Saints vs Tigers, early this season

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Saints vs Tigers, early this season

Free to Air TV having hours and hours of boring repetitive rubbish over some 96 y.o. lady's passing...
I watched a replay of our game against Tigers early this year.

We had scrappy skills, but somehow managed to outscore them in the second half by 12 goals to 2.
There was something like 58 points to us, with no goals to them.

I can't understand what went right for us, except a few times we found King against Tarrant, and he was accurate. He did miss 2 that he could've got.
Gresham made a difference with his running, but in later games he's been guilty of trying to do too much.
Wood did ok, a lot of hard running, competed well, but it was obvious he's not best 22 in a top 4 side.
McKenzie did some nice things.
Hayes was strangely quiet, didn't have much impact- 11 touches until his goal late in the game.
He wasn't near the contest often enough, didn't get his big body into the contest- judgement off? Had a bad day?

I wonder why we fell away while the Tigers stayed in the 8.
I think our standards dropped a lot since then, but the Tigers regained their style and form.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
spert
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints vs Tigers, early this season

WellardSaint wrote: Sun 11 Sep 2022 2:06am Free to Air TV having hours and hours of boring repetitive rubbish over some 96 y.o. lady's passing...
I watched a replay of our game against Tigers early this year.

We had scrappy skills, but somehow managed to outscore them in the second half by 12 goals to 2.
There was something like 58 points to us, with no goals to them.

I can't understand what went right for us, except a few times we found King against Tarrant, and he was accurate. He did miss 2 that he could've got.
Gresham made a difference with his running, but in later games he's been guilty of trying to do too much.
Wood did ok, a lot of hard running, competed well, but it was obvious he's not best 22 in a top 4 side.
McKenzie did some nice things.
Hayes was strangely quiet, didn't have much impact- 11 touches until his goal late in the game.
He wasn't near the contest often enough, didn't get his big body into the contest- judgement off? Had a bad day?

I wonder why we fell away while the Tigers stayed in the 8.
I think our standards dropped a lot since then, but the Tigers regained their style and form.
The Tigers were not in peak form and we had a few good passages of play and got momentum. As the season went on, we were found out, as our playing style is predictable and hit&miss. Hayes had one good game and was just serviceable for the others, and there's no saying he would have kept a spot in the seniors- next year will tell. The Tigers are a well-drilled disciplined team.. we're not.

Royston
Club Player

With a new fitness guy at the helm l think our early season fitness was in front of some of our opponents.
Keen to put his stamp on our program l reckon we ran out games stronger than our opposition.
This differential narrowed as the season went on until it wasn't relevant. Other clubs also play the long game, with eyes fixed on September action......Geelong, Richmond, Melbourne et al....
Just a contributing factor to our early season form l think.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

4 points in it at 3 quarter time, then how many did King kick in the last?

Match winner.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.