Dumb pundits and opposition fans

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Dumb pundits and opposition fans

Has anyone noticed the level of hate for St.Kilda steadily increasing since Ratten’s dismissal? And now that RL will be appointed as Ratten’s replacement, it only seems like we’ll be despised by the plebs even more.

That’s fine with me! Being hated only suggests we are a threat to the AFL status quo. The AFL world was absolutely fine with St.Kilda being a struggling club for the last decade because we didn’t pose any sort of threat to their precious clubs with full trophy cabinets. As pundits like David King were always eager to punch down on us.

Well, times are changing and RL is about to bring our club some much needed respect. Can’t wait to rub some success in the faces of fans of the clubs who have been taunting us for decades on end.

🔴⚪️⚫️ 😇

UP THE MIGHTY SAINTS …and as our good friend the Jiggster would say: to hell with the rest!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dumb pundits and opposition fans

For any club that sacks a coach the standard generic response is that club is rabble

Of course we are seen as the biggest rabble due to our Premiership record therefore we get the biggest response

Easiest thing in the world is to stick the boots in ... takes no mental aptitude whatsoever

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

As I've said many times before , I don't think it's hate , it's just we are the media's favourite punching bag .
There's been a lot of BS this off season concerning many clubs , that's all swept away and forgotten when something happens at the Saints. The media can crow about how terrible we are , and boofhead opposition supporters go straight to the old " no wonder they've never won anything ! "

In red white and black from 73
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Damien Barrett is the one who’s got it in for us!!!

Has basically said we are s*** and can’t get better

We DID win 11 games this season
And if it wasn’t for a night to forget in front of goal for Max we’d have played finals!

Barrett carried on like we are worse than Fitzroy in 96

Club Player

Not sure if this is the right thread but I cannot believe it when a coach gets the boot. The hue and cry. How many people get the boot every day. Ivory towers.

Club Player

Not sure if this is the right thread but I cannot believe it when a coach gets the boot. The hue and cry. How many people get the boot every day. Ivory towers.

Banger9798
SS Life Member

I'm declaring a Fatwa on Barrett, any StKilda supporter who bumps into him needs to call him a C###.

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote: Wed 19 Oct 2022 3:03pm Has anyone noticed the level of hate for St.Kilda steadily increasing since Ratten’s dismissal? And now that RL will be appointed as Ratten’s replacement, it only seems like we’ll be despised by the plebs even more.

That’s fine with me! Being hated only suggests we are a threat to the AFL status quo. The AFL world was absolutely fine with St.Kilda being a struggling club for the last decade because we didn’t pose any sort of threat to their precious clubs with full trophy cabinets. As pundits like David King were always eager to punch down on us.

Well, times are changing and RL is about to bring our club some much needed respect. Can’t wait to rub some success in the faces of fans of the clubs who have been taunting us for decades on end.

🔴⚪️⚫️ 😇

UP THE MIGHTY SAINTS …and as our good friend the Jiggster would say: to hell with the rest!
Depends, if you call runners-up success then Lyon was successful.!

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

1971 wrote: Wed 19 Oct 2022 3:58pm Not sure if this is the right thread but I cannot believe it when a coach gets the boot. The hue and cry. How many people get the boot every day. Ivory towers.
Collingwood were savaged for sacking Buckley last year, now look at them.

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

All part of the circus. When a coach is on the ropes the media are the first to bay for blood -- they can't wait to notch up another kill.

When a coach is sacked unexpectedly they suddenly become great moralisers.

Yes, in the case of St Kilda I think this is exacerabted by an unspoken desire to keep us harmless.

Remember, when we up and running (under RL, ironically) the massive beat-up about the St Kilda Schoolgirl? Were there any apologies when it fizzled out? Of course not.

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

Agree on this, I try my best not to bite back at the opposition supporters and media, but cripes my patience is running thin with these utter clowns

The Club has a right to do what is best for the club, (and whilst Ratts's dismissal wasn't great, he's not the first coach to cop it in the neck from our board or any other football club for that matter. So I'm pretty sure the faux-anger will land at another Club's door soon)

What wears me down is the sooking up and the pile-on that's been happening.

How dare St Kilda (and North Melbourne) hire coaches that will make them better and improve pretty much straight away!

It's almost like we should sit down in the corner of the room and don't speak unless we're spoken to.

I'm pretty sure Dermott Brereton once said "you can't hate them if they're not relevant".

Well Dermott, let the hatred flow through you old boy.... we might just become relevant quite soon again

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Their attitude is "How dare St Kilda have the temerity to go out and get Ross Lyon? Don't they know their place?"

They're spitting chips because Lyon is choosing us over Carlton and Essendon.

The critics, who have been using the same cliches for 40 years, can all go to hell. Morons. The lot of them

We have been the media's punching bag for decades. Damian Barrett is a third rate fool who desperately tries to stay relevant, but fails miserably. The football media is full of sh*t bags

Barrett
Robinson
Brereton
Russell

My idea of hell would be stuck at a dinner table with that lot

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Wed 19 Oct 2022 3:41pm Damien Barrett is the one who’s got it in for us!!!

Has basically said we are s*** and can’t get better

We DID win 11 games this season
And if it wasn’t for a night to forget in front of goal for Max we’d have played finals!

Barrett carried on like we are worse than Fitzroy in 96
Barrett is just the King of AFL Gutter Journalism. And he’s also one of the least respected. Now sure how that guy gets so much oxygen. But I guess the AFL Boys Club hold him in high esteem lol

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

The only thing that bothers me about the sacking is the contract extension.

Outside of that… it’s very easy to make a case that he needed to be replaced or even that he deserved another season to turn it around.

All of it makes sense one way or the other depending on how you want to spin it…

That extension though… it reeked of poor decision making from the outset. That’s the part of the criticism that is deserved
Last edited by skeptic on Wed 19 Oct 2022 6:42pm, edited 1 time in total.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Get your own ideas.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Wed 19 Oct 2022 6:41pm Get your own ideas.

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Ross Lyon is like Vladimir Putin. He brings attention to an irrelevant country/club.

Is that a good thing? Is it good clubs will hate us more because we are coached by someone who answers questions with questions. Someone who is in a perpetual state of annoyance ? Ross Lyon.

More questions than answers at this stage.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote: Wed 19 Oct 2022 5:43pm
Barrett
Robinson
Brereton
Russell

My idea of hell would be stuck at a dinner table with that lot
You see I would kind of enjoy that dinner party cause it would give you a chance to call them out on all of their average shitful commentery face to face :lol: :twisted:

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote: Wed 19 Oct 2022 6:41pm The only thing that bothers me about the sacking is the contract extension.

Outside of that… it’s very easy to make a case that he needed to be replaced or even that he deserved another season to turn it around.

All of it makes sense one way or the other depending on how you want to spin it…

That extension though… it reeked of poor decision making from the outset. That’s the part of the criticism that is deserved
Not if the extension had clauses to say we could sack Ratten with a 6 month payout ..... as discussed in another thread Ratten was supposedly pushing hard for thr extension yo be finalised mid season after we were 8-3 .... I am guessing we hedged our bets in that we were happy to keep him on if the results kept going our way but put in a clause or at least made it clear that if we missed finals he was gone ..... we bet both ways and still came out winners

Killa
Club Player

Interesting is that Wilson, of Richmond, pans the financial position of St Kilda

I know a Richmond supporter who contributed significantly to “Save our Skins” mark 1 then 2 but refused to contribute to mark 3 because of the misappropriation of the mark 1 and 2 appeals

Richmond are a MCG Club

And that was their history

St Kilda were shunted to Moorabbin then Waverley then Seaford then Docklands (Docklands an albatross around the neck of the Club requiring 30,000 for St Kilda to see any match day contribution)

Wilson needs to be reminded of this

Anyone placing any reliance on what these media heads telling the uneducated what they do not know - and to boot not declaring their bias - should take time to stop, think and question

Media has the reputation it has for a reason

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Don’t remember us playing a game at Seaford?

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Shoot the messenger on Saintsational!

If you’re not 100 % behind us in everything you must be a troll or an opposition supporter.

Reminds me of the gay marriage debate, anybody expressing the slightest reservation or even asking a question was branded a bigot and a hater!

Things are not always black or white!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

When Bombers chased Lyon it was a “coup”
Saints get him “how dare they”
**** the lot of them - I do t even read them plus the 40-65 year old imbeciles that have taken over social media !!
Welcome to relevance land!!
People despise Saints????
Great

“Yeah….nah””
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Killa wrote: Wed 19 Oct 2022 9:06pm Interesting is that Wilson, of Richmond, pans the financial position of St Kilda

I know a Richmond supporter who contributed significantly to “Save our Skins” mark 1 then 2 but refused to contribute to mark 3 because of the misappropriation of the mark 1 and 2 appeals

Richmond are a MCG Club

And that was their history

St Kilda were shunted to Moorabbin then Waverley then Seaford then Docklands (Docklands an albatross around the neck of the Club requiring 30,000 for St Kilda to see any match day contribution)

Wilson needs to be reminded of this

Anyone placing any reliance on what these media heads telling the uneducated what they do not know - and to boot not declaring their bias - should take time to stop, think and question

Media has the reputation it has for a reason
Wilson’s hypocrisy is off the charts! It’s as though she thinks her s*** smells like talcum powder!

Munga
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Wed 19 Oct 2022 10:00pm When Bombers chased Lyon it was a “coup”
Saints get him “how dare they”
Same this with Bing and Rankine.
"Ben King can't be allowed to go to St Kilda! Someone must step in. How dare they even ask the question of Ben!"
"Rankine is going to SA, good for him!"

Muppets, the lot of them.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"