A day in the life of my next favourite saints player

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

A day in the life of my next favourite saints player

silverhalo
Club Player

Re: A day in the life of my next favourite saints player

My wife went out for dinner with young Max's mum the other night and apparently he just loves being at the Saints! He comes from a great bayside family and just hope the young lad cracks it for a few games next year!

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

silverhalo wrote: Fri 18 Nov 2022 9:42pm My wife went out for dinner with young Max's mum the other night and apparently he just loves being at the Saints! He comes from a great bayside family and just hope the young lad cracks it for a few games next year!
Love this

We have spent a fair bit of time with him at various functions etc - he is easy to talk to - well spoken and can carry on a conversation - but the overwhelming feeling is that he love it in the RW&B

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
silverhalo
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote: Sun 20 Nov 2022 9:22am
silverhalo wrote: Fri 18 Nov 2022 9:42pm My wife went out for dinner with young Max's mum the other night and apparently he just loves being at the Saints! He comes from a great bayside family and just hope the young lad cracks it for a few games next year!
Love this

We have spent a fair bit of time with him at various functions etc - he is easy to talk to - well spoken and can carry on a conversation - but the overwhelming feeling is that he love it in the RW&B
His old man Nick is a really good bloke too, was on Fitzroy's list many moons ago but didn't quite crack it for a game. You can see where Max gets the height from, Nick is a big guy

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

I really like the boy, very competitive.
I reckon he's still a couple of seasons away from a game based on last years form, but you just never know when he may just kick on quickly.

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

He mighten play AFL this year, but when he does he is going to be a cracker. I havent been more excited about a young ruckman at the club since Spider Everitt, we just have to give him time to develop.

Marshall is a good ruckman, but I believe Max will go to another level.

loris
Saintsational Legend

There was an article written about him where Jarryn Geary was asked about Max Heath. He said words like “Be afraid, be very afraid when this young guy gets it all together. He has got the right attitude, just allow for his development..”
I thought the article was on Saints.com, but couldn’t find it.
Possibly it was on written SENs pages. I know it wasn’t in the newspapers. it was written about the time Gears announced his retirement & he was being asked where improvements could happen with Saints team in the future.

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Big call on Heath… Marshall from straight away looked a gun at VFL level. And was tearing it up at training.
Heath is raw, big and competitive in ruck contests. Lacks a bit around the ground.

Great litmus test for ruckmen
- would they be in the AFL if they weren’t 6’7”
Ie/are they good footballers or just good ruckmen?

Marshall is a good footballer, who finds the ball in general play, can play other positions and is skilful

Some ruck well - but aren’t necessarily good footballers.