Could this be about Roo?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Could this be about Roo?

In the ‘Confidential’ section of the HS.
And yes, i know it’s a s*** paper and all that. But this article is verging on defamation. When I read it Roo sprang to mind as the high profile former footballer who has turned his back on a media career. And is known as a family man. Is Roo known for being prickly off camera. I’ve met him once before and he seemed like a genuinely nice guy. I’ve read his biography and obviously watched him closely during and post career. He seems popular with teammates as well as opponents which is normally a good indicator. Just can’t think who else they’d be referring to

Hmmm. How about the one about the former footballer who was enjoying a growing, stellar career off the field.

Headhunted and poached by TV networks, the post footy world was at his feet. Well, until it wasn’t.

While it’s always been known he was prickly at the best of times when the cameras weren’t filming, it’s no secret the so-called family man was not seen as a “great bloke” by the AFL boys club.

Which would be the reason why there was some glee, scrap that, jubilation, in the constant chatter about his shock decision to turn his back on the media landscape.

Turns out it was his extra-curricular activities off camera, with some rather choice words delivered to him behind closed doors, which was the real reason to pivot away from the shining showbiz lights.

More Coverage

Lindsay Fox won’t go Darryl Kerrigan in beach fight
Head rolls after AFL sex scandal
Because sometimes, just sometimes, showbiz is not all smoke and mirrors, with a very real reason behind all that chemistry

lewdogs
Club Player

Re: Could this be about Roo?

Yikes...

Moods
Saintsational Legend

The end of the article appears to infer he was either having an affair with a colleague or even making unwanted advances, whoever they’re referring to

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

I think its Wayne Carey?

frank

Could be Roo for sure, sounds real bad.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Shock, horror

Family man gets horny and wouldn't mind a bit on the side

Kath Loughnan is irresistible

Is Mark Howard quitting his media career?

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

According to my mail, Roo isn't known for being prickly off-camera.

He's more inclined to make clumsy attempts at humour which don't always come off.

I suspect it might be someone else, but of course i might be wrong.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Headhunted and poached by TV networks?

He has only ever been with Fox Footy

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

I think Roo is the Henry Rollins of the footy moronoscope .

He’s intense, because he needs that lighthouse bearing through the fog of all the who-har, the temperations..the dramas, . He’s a puritan who has got dirt on his skin, but not in his heart, and he looks for an elder only to find his elders are somewhat corrupted by the evil world.

So the fellas and blokes are gonna find him highly strung and intense. But on the other hand, he’s a Stella guy too, so it’s awkward. That’s my peanut POV…it’s not something I made up right now (like other posts ) it is something I’ve noticed across the arc of his career/stint in footy/ media. Just because eGarry Lyon worships you, don’t mean you gonna get love, and he knows it too.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote: Fri 03 Feb 2023 8:06pm I think its Wayne Carey?
Could be any of a number of ex players
Last edited by saynta on Sat 04 Feb 2023 11:06am, edited 1 time in total.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

frank wrote: Fri 03 Feb 2023 8:23pm Could be Roo for sure, sounds real bad.
:roll: :roll:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Don’t think Carey turned his back on media ….he was shown the door after his white zip lock bag debacle
Riewoldt had multiple channels chasing him and I’ve heard he can be pretty abrupt off camera
Sounds like smoke….but no real fire …
I did think his timing to just take off o/s was interesting
Maybe the misus put the foot down..

“Yeah….nah””
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Hun website has the image of a male silhouette in intimate distance of a female silhouette, ffs.

Hope this isn't some sleazy revenge piece.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Interesting

I was told by my butcher - yes my butcher!! In good authority that he was having an affair with his cohost - that skinny girl on fox
I bounced it past my mate who’s kids went to school with Roos kids and the wives are all friends, including Stewie Lowes wife
They all said it was malakies and roo and wifey were all ok

I just find it interesting that it seems like others have heard the same rumour

#1 Ryder fan
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote: Sat 04 Feb 2023 7:27am Interesting

I was told by my butcher - yes my butcher!! In good authority that he was having an affair with his cohost - that skinny girl on fox
I bounced it past my mate who’s kids went to school with Roos kids and the wives are all friends, including Stewie Lowes wife

Click click click.

Saints58
Club Player

Moods wrote: Fri 03 Feb 2023 7:18pm In the ‘Confidential’ section of the HS.
And yes, i know it’s a s*** paper and all that. But this article is verging on defamation. When I read it Roo sprang to mind as the high profile former footballer who has turned his back on a media career. And is known as a family man. Is Roo known for being prickly off camera. I’ve met him once before and he seemed like a genuinely nice guy. I’ve read his biography and obviously watched him closely during and post career. He seems popular with teammates as well as opponents which is normally a good indicator. Just can’t think who else they’d be referring to

Hmmm. How about the one about the former footballer who was enjoying a growing, stellar career off the field.

Headhunted and poached by TV networks, the post footy world was at his feet. Well, until it wasn’t.

While it’s always been known he was prickly at the best of times when the cameras weren’t filming, it’s no secret the so-called family man was not seen as a “great bloke” by the AFL boys club.

Which would be the reason why there was some glee, scrap that, jubilation, in the constant chatter about his shock decision to turn his back on the media landscape.

Turns out it was his extra-curricular activities off camera, with some rather choice words delivered to him behind closed doors, which was the real reason to pivot away from the shining showbiz lights.

More Coverage

Lindsay Fox won’t go Darryl Kerrigan in beach fight
Head rolls after AFL sex scandal
Because sometimes, just sometimes, showbiz is not all smoke and mirrors, with a very real reason behind all that chemistry

He was always going to move to Texas with the wife she put pressure on him to be home with family I was surprised he lasted this long in Australia.
Yes I read his Biography and its a very similar story to my own with our similar background and family saturations.
So guess we have lost father son prospects with his boys now can not see him coming back anytime soon.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote: Sat 04 Feb 2023 7:27am Interesting

That "skinny girl" on fox wouldn't hold a candle to Mrs Roo.

Sanctorum
Club Player

Message to Mods - I'm surprised you haven't shut this thread down, there are some very serious imputations being thrown around about media personalities that can be regarded as quite libelous!! I'm not sure what sort of protection the owners of this forum have to withstand legal action.....

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

While we girls are gossiping: I'd suggest N. Buckley fits the description.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Sat 04 Feb 2023 10:59am Message to Mods - I'm surprised you haven't shut this thread down, there are some very serious imputations being thrown around about media personalities that can be regarded as quite libelous!! I'm not sure what sort of protection the owners of this forum have to withstand legal action.....
Why? It was in the biggest paper in Victoria. People are allowed to use conjecture. I say the article is defamatory in that EVERYONE knows that Roo left Fox suddenly and he is known as a family man. So everyone will be drawing same conclusions even if it’s not Roo. So what I’m saying is that if it is referring to Roo, it’d want to be true otherwise he’s just be slandered. If it’s referring to another ex footy player then dreadfully unfair on Roo because he (Roo) is the obvious person 90% of people would be thinking of

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Sat 04 Feb 2023 10:59am Message to Mods - I'm surprised you haven't shut this thread down, there are some very serious imputations being thrown around about media personalities that can be regarded as quite libelous!! I'm not sure what sort of protection the owners of this forum have to withstand legal action.....
I don’t see much posting as fact here rather than hypotheticals or queries.

Legally speaking I think that’s ok

As far as the Texas thing goes… anyone who had a partner whose family is based overseas or is on that side of the ledger themselves knows that even if the new country is home… if you’re close with you’re family, it’s an eternal struggle.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Crickey! if the content of this thread is legally questionable then there are probably 10000 other posts that could be tested in court. Take for example the posts about Covid and AFL players on SS, Jack Darling of WestCoast is curretnly testing the legal waters and taking channel 7 to court over comments made about him and COVID vaccines.

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

HS should be rebranded as New Idea or Women’s Weekly.

It is full of rubbish from hacks such as Fiona Byre and Jackie Epstein who troll Instagram and repost what they read.

Absolute trash.
Makes the Truth look like hard hitting journalism.

I barely read it these days and only maintain the subscription due to reciprocal access to other stable papers.

Note said perpetrator remains nameless 🥺

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Sat 04 Feb 2023 6:18pm
I miss the Truth. Great racing guide & all you needed to know about relationships was in one easy to read section.

Stian
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Sat 04 Feb 2023 7:21pm
D.B.Cooper wrote: Sat 04 Feb 2023 6:18pm
I miss the Truth. Great racing guide & all you needed to know about relationships was in one easy to read section.
And the illustrations were very informative, too.