Caminiti in line for round 1 debut

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Caminiti in line for round 1 debut

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Caminiti in line for round 1 debut

He's about the only tall forward with a pulse.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Saintmike65
Club Player

One of my favourite sayings is timing is everything..this certainly applies to young Caminiti.
Firstly for getting on the list in the first place, then doing a Stephen Bradbury & being virtually last man standing in our tall forward stocks!

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Saintmike65 wrote: Tue 14 Mar 2023 10:17am One of my favourite sayings is timing is everything..this certainly applies to young Caminiti.
Firstly for getting on the list in the first place, then doing a Stephen Bradbury & being virtually last man standing in our tall forward stocks!
There's one other that can still stand isn't there? I think it was only a couple of weeks ago you you were saying he was lock for round 1, what's changed your mind Mick?

Banger9798
SS Life Member

Twin towers of Sharman and Caminiti

Freo must be excited

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Banger9798 wrote: Tue 14 Mar 2023 1:09pm Twin towers of Sharman and Caminiti

Freo must be excited
salivating at the prospect

Sanctorum
Club Player

Based on what I saw when Sharman was on the field in the last 3 periods of the practice match against Essendon, I'm not sure that he will be named on Friday.

I've got Caminiti, Cordy and Owens as forward talls in my side against Freo, with Mason Wood to rotate in attack as well. And of course Rowan Marshall will drift forward at times as well.

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910) American writer and humorist
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Tue 14 Mar 2023 1:41pm Based on what I saw when Sharman was on the field in the last 3 periods of the practice match against Essendon, I'm not sure that he will be named on Friday.

I've got Caminiti, Cordy and Owens as forward talls in my side against Freo, with Mason Wood to rotate in attack as well. And of course Rowan Marshall will drift forward at times as well.
I agree I think that's probably the most likely outcome based on current availability and praccy match form

evo
Club Player

Vortex wrote: Tue 14 Mar 2023 2:20pm
Sanctorum wrote: Tue 14 Mar 2023 1:41pm Based on what I saw when Sharman was on the field in the last 3 periods of the practice match against Essendon, I'm not sure that he will be named on Friday.

I agree I think that's probably the most likely outcome based on current availability and praccy match form
Sharman did not play against Essendon!!

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

evo wrote: Tue 14 Mar 2023 6:18pm

Yeah I'd say Ross didn't see enough of what he's expecting in Sharman's 3 phases against the Dees

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Of course you would.

But labouring the point suggests you haven't convinced yourself.

Sanctorum
Club Player

Sharman didn't play in the 'official' 4 periods against Essendon that were shown on Fox 504, but when I played the recording later on there were 3 additional periods in some of which Sharman did in fact play, but he looked a bit 'out at sea' and certainly nowhere near as good as Caminiti.

"I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."

"Life would be infinitely happier if we could only be born at the age of eighty and gradually approach eighteen."

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Wed 15 Mar 2023 4:31pm

Sharman didn't play in the 'official' 4 periods against Essendon that were shown on Fox 504, but when I played the recording later on there were 3 additional periods in some of which Sharman did in fact play, but he looked a bit 'out at sea' and certainly nowhere near as good as Caminiti.
Ummm, Melbourne I think Sancto.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Tue 14 Mar 2023 10:55pm Of course you would.

But labouring the point suggests you haven't convinced yourself.
I let go long ago, maybe there's something in that for all of us.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Sanctorum wrote: Wed 15 Mar 2023 4:31pm

As I've been saying for a while, he's way off the pace, strange things happen though and it's a long season ahead.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I think there’s a time for Sharman as that Fritz type lead up option …I haven’t given up and we know he can convert something many of our other forwards battle with

“Yeah….nah””
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Possibly the one who has his papers stamped given his lack of game time and the personnel currently out of the team.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

No one has had their papers stamped........yet.

DJ Higgins
Club Player

Baptism of fire coming up. Good news is that he and the pou will have had their first game. They like Sharman are going to make mistakes which they will learn from so hopefully us fans give them a break

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Last night on Footy Classified, one of the things that Ross said was that he’s changed. He implied that he’s not exactly Cuddly Ross as has been suggested, but that he will try and develop relationships with his players. In the past he said there was more of a ‘wall’ between coach and player.

In a way, that can be a good thing in that you build trust and you show faith in someone and then they reward you with great effort.

Perhaps at some stage the player rewards the team down the track with an important win, but in another way it means that maybe you’re personal feelings might get in the way of making tough decisions on players or maybe you lose a player you haven’t given enough opportunity to, because you’ve been favouring others.

At the moment, with our injury toll, it seems Ross has no choice and it makes the selection committees job easy to pick a team. When it’s a choice between Sharman vs Caminiti or Sharman vs Hayes or Sharman vs Pou or Sharman versus a small nimble forward, that will be when we learn what they really think of Coops

Sanctorum
Club Player

Ghost Like wrote: Wed 15 Mar 2023 6:26pm Ummm, Melbourne I think Sancto.
My wrong....you're absolutely correct, it was Melbourne, so not getting any game time against Essendon suggests Sharman is unlikely to play this Sunday.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

4 debutants according to RTB. Phillpou and Caminiti, plus two from other clubs, Stocker and Cordy.

spert
Saintsational Legend

I think we'll struggle to kick 6 goals sadly

B.M
Saintsational Legend

One thing I really like about Caminiti is the was he presents himself physically

He is a specimen with no body fat!

Lean and shredded

Means he takes diet and fitness seriously and acts how a pro athlete should - let’s just hope he can play

Some who have been in the AFL for 5-6 years are not even remotely similar.

Highly paid pro athletes - with nothing better to do than train - should present like elite athletes!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Thu 16 Mar 2023 12:12pm Last night on Footy Classified, one of the things that Ross said was that he’s changed. He implied that he’s not exactly Cuddly Ross as has been suggested, but that he will try and develop relationships with his players. In the past he said there was more of a ‘wall’ between coach and player.

In a way, that can be a good thing in that you build trust and you show faith in someone and then they reward you with great effort.

Perhaps at some stage the player rewards the team down the track with an important win, but in another way it means that maybe you’re personal feelings might get in the way of making tough decisions on players or maybe you lose a player you haven’t given enough opportunity to, because you’ve been favouring others.

At the moment, with our injury toll, it seems Ross has no choice and it makes the selection committees job easy to pick a team. When it’s a choice between Sharman vs Caminiti or Sharman vs Hayes or Sharman vs Pou or Sharman versus a small nimble forward, that will be when we learn what they really think of Coops
That’s actually not at all remotely like what he said OR implied
What he said was in the past he’s built that wall between club and at times fans….this time he wants St Kilda fans to be part of the journey….especially in our 150th year he suggested
IF Ross Lyon has done 1 thing well he has ALWAYS been able to build strong relationships with his players - see Freo/Saints players of past years who still speak so highly of him and his previous internal “bubble” approach
The wall had nothing to do with his player relationships

“Yeah….nah””