Caminiti

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Banger9798
SS Life Member

Caminiti

Has pace and a tank
And a good dose of self - belief

We have found one here out of nowhere

The Artist formerly known as Fugazi
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Caminiti

I love his work rate. Presents and attacks the contest hard. Pbly still a ways away with his performance likely flattered a touch by our wins but I love the look of this kid so far

saynta
Saintsational Legend

He's an uncut diamond,a hidden gem and he is all ours.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Must be top in score involvements over the first 2 rounds. Will be between him and Wood.

Rubyjo
Club Player

Sharmen was going to be it but this guy is the new Fevola .

Rubyjo
Club Player

Sharmen was going to be it but this guy is the new Fevola .

Bruce G McAbee
Club Player

Just needs to improve his set shots.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Love his attack at the footy. Great hands as well. Exactly the two things you need as a key fwd. Teach him some smarts and a couple of pre seasons with the S&C coach and this kid is going to be star I reckon

saintkid
Club Player

Rubyjo wrote: Sat 25 Mar 2023 11:15pm Sharmen was going to be it but this guy is the new Fevola .
If he can improve his set shots to Fevola's level, he will truly be a fairy tale story for the club.

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Rubyjo wrote: Sat 25 Mar 2023 11:15pm Sharmen was going to be it but this guy is the new Fevola .
I trust you mean in ability, not brains?

Saint supporter since '62
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

?… toldyas

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Like him.

Key-position size and strength and has good footy smarts and a competitive streak.

I think 47 is a very high guernsey number.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Has very clean hands overhead

I think you all are putting way to much credence on his set shots atm - the first goal monkey seemed to be very big on his shoulders.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Caminiti had 3 dog players around him at most times because he is not only an aerial threat but he busts that pack around him on the way out and he has that nappy knack of seeing the ball fall to ground and continues his attack on it.

Now, if he and King are posted at the key positions and Caminiti leads one way and King the other and Membrey and Ross are left out to wander the wings, our running mods and Owens Phillipou Gresham and Higgins will start shredding defences apart everywhere and they will provide Steel and Windhager with a rest and we will loose nothing in structure.

If we don't move in this direction next year, I will be very surprised.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

I love how he and Pou took it upon themselves and had the confidence to have a shot from outside 50 when they were in good position.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Sun 26 Mar 2023 11:18am Caminiti had 3 dog players around him at most times because he is not only an aerial threat but he busts that pack around him on the way out and he has that nappy knack of seeing the ball fall to ground and continues his attack on it.

Now, if he and King are posted at the key positions and Caminiti leads one way and King the other and Membrey and Ross are left out to wander the wings, our running mods and Owens Phillipou Gresham and Higgins will start shredding defences apart everywhere and they will provide Steel and Windhager with a rest and we will loose nothing in structure.

When Skunk comes back in, Higgins might be playing at Sandringham....and perhaps with his other ex Tiger team mate

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sun 26 Mar 2023 11:32am
CQ SAINT wrote: Sun 26 Mar 2023 11:18am Caminiti had 3 dog players around him at most times because he is not only an aerial threat but he busts that pack around him on the way out and he has that happy knack of seeing the ball fall to ground and continues his attack on it.

When Skunk comes back in, Higgins might be playing at Sandringham....and perhaps with his other ex Tiger team mate

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sun 26 Mar 2023 11:29am I love how he and Pou took it upon themselves and had the confidence to have a shot from outside 50 when they were in good position.
Yeah, that speaks volumes.

It points out to the opposition that you aren't safe anytime and you better structure to actually defend and not 'pussy'- foot around in a blocking zone trying to intercept.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Sun 26 Mar 2023 11:37am
The_Dud wrote: Sun 26 Mar 2023 11:29am I love how he and Pou took it upon themselves and had the confidence to have a shot from outside 50 when they were in good position.

It points out to the opposition that you aren't safe anytime and you better structure to actually defend and not 'pussy'- foot around in a blocking zone trying to intercept.
Should Caminiti have dished it off to Gresh for that first goal of his, how do you think Lyon will have reviewed that? especially in the context of playing the percentages and he misses?

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Sun 26 Mar 2023 11:18am Caminiti had 3 dog players around him at most times because he is not only an aerial threat but he busts that pack around him on the way out and he has that nappy knack of seeing the ball fall to ground and continues his attack on it.

Higgins looks like he has been entrusted by Lyon to play multiple styles to keep the opposition guessing.

If you are holding an extra tall to try and bully us into a rebound defensive structure, he will break it by taking a tall out of the hot zone. He looks a lot fitter this year and is known to be a Lyon favourite.

Higgins wins low % possessions regularly and stretches defences, so we can structure to keep the ball in, but is also very capable going early when we have the run of the ball from defence. He and Gresham are red hot, jump starters and when eyes drop and ankles loosen, those lead up passes will start hitting him and guys like Hill, Stocker, Ross, NVM, Philipou, Caminiti and Owens can attack the goals on the run, coming passed.
We have a very dangerous forward line, the trick is, we can come at you in any necessary fashion because of the immediate profiles the chosen players present and they way they are being utilised, all you have to bewilling to take on yourself, is the necessary workload.

Having Membrey and Wood being able to work the square and provide marks both forward and back would be ideal and they can both run all day.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Sun 26 Mar 2023 11:43am

Should Caminiti have dished it off to Gresh for that first goal of his, how do you think Lyon will have reviewed that? especially in the context of playing the percentages and he misses?
I'm happy for a guy like Caminiti to back himself. Same with Pou and any first year player really.

The team aspect is something that comes along in time. These young blokes need to be backed in to try things and have confidence in their ability and talent. It builds self belief.

I remember Gresh in his early years kicking some miraculous goals by baulking and selling candy but what usually happens is that opposition teams learn to defend against it.

I agree that at some point when the selfish habits continue and mistakes are made, that players need to be pulled up.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Had every right to take that shot.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

CQ SAINT wrote: Sun 26 Mar 2023 11:52am

Higgins looks like he has been entrusted by Lyon to play multiple styles to keep the opposition guessing.

If you are holding an extra tall to try and bully us into a rebound defensive structure, he will break it by taking a tall out of the hot zone. He looks a lot fitter this year and is known to be a Lyon favourite.

Higgins wins low % possessions regularly and stretches defences, so we can structure to keep the ball in, but is also very capable going early when we have the run of the ball from defence. He and Gresham are red hot, jump starters and when eyes drop and ankles loosen, those lead up passes will start hitting him and guys like Hill, Stocker, Ross, NVM, Philipou, Caminiti and Owens can attack the goals on the run, coming passed.
We have a very dangerous forward line, the trick is, we can come at you in any necessary fashion because of the immediate profiles the chosen players present and they way they are being utilised, all you have to bewilling to take on yourself, is the necessary workload.

Having Membrey and Wood being able to work the square and provide marks both forward and back would be ideal and they can both run all day.
If Billings is fit and if Pou and Caminiti are fit, Higgins will be dropped. He hasn't got the talent or the tank to play midfield and he's currently not providing as much pressure as Butler.

Both Higgins and Butler failed to score goals last night but Butler sets up more inside 50's than Higgins and provides more tackles

Higgins will be surplus when Membrey is back. If Webster and Coffield and Bytel and Byrnes are fit, I think Higgins will be struggling to get a game unless he shows something in the next couple of weeks

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sun 26 Mar 2023 11:58am
Vortex wrote: Sun 26 Mar 2023 11:43am

I'm happy for a guy like Caminiti to back himself. Same with Pou and any first year player really.

The team aspect is something that comes along in time. These young blokes need to be backed in to try things and have confidence in their ability and talent. It builds self belief.

I remember Gresh in his early years kicking some miraculous goals by baulking and selling candy but what usually happens is that opposition teams learn to defend against it.

I agree that at some point when the selfish habits continue and mistakes are made, that players need to be pulled up.
In the context of his first goal I'm glad he had a crack too but you'd think most coaches would insist you dish it off to someone who can have a closer range shot and play the percentages. As we know Ross isnt a high risk gambling type but as I say in the context of a 2nd gamer and getting your first goal he'd be patting him on the back for sure.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Gresh was on the wrong side for a right footer and he was guilty of a few clangers before the Caminiti running long goal. He overestimates his capabilities at times

Gresh made a few selfish decisions in the first half which resulted in turnovers or wasted opportunities.

Gresh played better in the second half when he brought his team mates into the game.