Are Port now our biggest nemesis?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Are Port now our biggest nemesis?

All throughout the week, I felt an uneasiness about going into last night’s game. That whole Horny Frank media beat up over booing that petulant little flog felt particularly foreboding. Not to mention, our record against Port in the last 12 years has been utterly atrocious (1 win during the lockdowns of 2020). I can’t even remember the last time I attended a St.Kilda 🆚 Port Adelaide game that we actually won. It almost feels like playing Carlton back in the 1980s.

Not only that, their pigman of a coach seems to relish playing us. Most worryingly, he just may have exposed a weakness in our game plan in employing a one-on-one defensive strategy (virtually no zoning from Port after quarter time). How is that Kenny Krinkley Pigman never seems to exploit weaknesses for other teams? Does he have a mean hard-on for St.Kilda, after he didn’t get the nod after applying for the coaching gig years ago. Or does he have some insider information on our club. It is confounding how he always finds a way for his players to put us to the sword.

Ugh! I really, really dislike Port Adelaide. Their fans are parochial ferals; their colours make them look like Smurfs; their club song sounds like it was performed by the Wiggles on too much red cordial and that INXS thing their fans do is one of the biggest cultural cringes in the history of the game. Ugh! I just want to see a Saints team annihilate those pricks in a game that really matter. Maybe a preliminary final (2004 still hurts). Or even better, we could break our horrendous premiership drought by blowing them out of the water. Oh, what a golden day that would be!!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Re: Are Port now our biggest nemesis?

On twitter, their 💩 club posted a pic listing the most recent defeats.
They forgot the 2020 game, of course.
Despite the different coaches, players, etc- we are still their bunnies.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Bruce G McAbee
Club Player

Out of 31 games since the year 2000, we've only won 7.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.
Premium89
Club Player

Sainternist wrote: Sat 29 Apr 2023 2:02pm All throughout the week, I felt an uneasiness about going into last night’s game. That whole Horny Frank media beat up over booing that petulant little flog felt particularly foreboding. Not to mention, our record against Port in the last 12 years has been utterly atrocious (1 win during the lockdowns of 2020). I can’t even remember the last time I attended a St.Kilda 🆚 Port Adelaide game that we actually won. It almost feels like playing Carlton back in the 1980s.

Not only that, their pigman of a coach seems to relish playing us. Most worryingly, he just may have exposed a weakness in our game plan in employing a one-on-one defensive strategy (virtually no zoning from Port after quarter time). How is that Kenny Krinkley Pigman never seems to exploit weaknesses for other teams? Does he have a mean hard-on for St.Kilda, after he didn’t get the nod after applying for the coaching gig years ago. Or does he have some insider information on our club. It is confounding how he always finds a way for his players to put us to the sword.

Ugh! I really, really dislike Port Adelaide. Their fans are parochial ferals; their colours make them look like Smurfs; their club song sounds like it was performed by the Wiggles on too much red cordial and that INXS thing their fans do is one of the biggest cultural cringes in the history of the game. Ugh! I just want to see a Saints team annihilate those pricks in a game that really matter. Maybe a preliminary final (2004 still hurts). Or even better, we could break our horrendous premiership drought by blowing them out of the water. Oh, what a golden day that would be!!
Awesome song choice! Love the gimmes

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

We’re their bitches.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Well, you’re obviously someone’s little bitch eg tyrannical boss, complaining partner ect and this is your outlet.

Sad and pathetic.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Belief. Port players always believed that they would beat us. Unfortunately.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Take your pick of the sides below - all have been teams which we have struggled to beat from 2012 (post-Lyon era) onwards:

North - 4 wins since 2012
Sydney - 3 wins since 2012
Adelaide - 2 wins since 2012
Port Power - 1 win since 2012
Geelong - 2 wins and a draw since 2012
Eagles - 3 wins since 2012
Collingwood - 3 wins since 2012

We stumbled against Collingwood and Port Power but hopefully we can steady the ship by beating North Melbourne and Adelaide the next two games. Remember we have been playing without a Full Forward or a true Centre Half Forward for the first seven games (and this won't change for a while yet) so we need to be fair to the players who are out there. The type of game plan we have really requires a genuine spearhead playing out of the goal square and we haven't really had that so far this year. Caminiti has done a great job so far, we will miss him this week against North.

To be honest it means more to me when we beat the traditional clubs anyway, so as long as we beat North Melbourne comprehensively (preferably a bit more than comprehensively) Friday night's loss will be somewhat redeemed in my eyes.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

We’ve just been lulling them into a false sense of security…softening them up for the kill….
We got ‘‘em right where we want them….
Come back and fight ya cowards …we’ll have ya

“Yeah….nah””
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Bruce G McAbee wrote: Sat 29 Apr 2023 9:54pm Out of 31 games since the year 2000, we've only won 7.
Which would mean, our overall record against Port (they joined the comp in ‘97) must be about 9 wins from around 35 games :(

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Premium89 wrote: Sat 29 Apr 2023 10:33pm
Awesome song choice! Love the gimmes
Cheers mate! I’m not crazy about them but that INXS cover makes me laugh. I wish someone would play that rendition at a Port home game to annoy all their gronk supporters lol

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote: Sun 30 Apr 2023 12:08pm Take your pick of the sides below - all have been teams which we have struggled to beat from 2012 (post-Lyon era) onwards:

North - 4 wins since 2012
Sydney - 3 wins since 2012
Adelaide - 2 wins since 2012
Port Power - 1 win since 2012
Geelong - 2 wins and a draw since 2012
Eagles - 3 wins since 2012
Collingwood - 3 wins since 2012

We stumbled against Collingwood and Port Power but hopefully we can steady the ship by beating North Melbourne and Adelaide the next two games. Remember we have been playing without a Full Forward or a true Centre Half Forward for the first seven games (and this won't change for a while yet) so we need to be fair to the players who are out there. The type of game plan we have really requires a genuine spearhead playing out of the goal square and we haven't really had that so far this year. Caminiti has done a great job so far, we will miss him this week against North.

To be honest it means more to me when we beat the traditional clubs anyway, so as long as we beat North Melbourne comprehensively (preferably a bit more than comprehensively) Friday night's loss will be somewhat redeemed in my eyes.
Well said! That’s nuts how 7 clubs have had the absolute wood over us in the last 11 years. We couldn’t get a win over the Filth after that GF loss for 6 years. That really was salt in the wound stuff. The Swines have given us nothing but headaches since that EF loss in 2011. Oh man, it has been over a decade of pain after Lyon’s first tenure. We need to win that elusive premiership pretty soon to redeem all of this. Well, that would be ideal. If that doesn’t eventuate, then we’ll just have to keep hanging tough, I guess 😬

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Don't we get royally nemesised as a matter of course at Geelong, Adelaide Oval, Gabba, Sydney and most social cause themed games.

Its hard to rank the plethora of rogerings.

I am hoping Ross and the boys can mitigate all that.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I usually watch the opposition press conferences even after a loss but on this occasion I was unable to bring myself to watch the smug and nauseating Kent Hinkley.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Mon 01 May 2023 7:52pm I usually watch the opposition press conferences even after a loss but on this occasion I was unable to bring myself to watch the smug and nauseating Kent Hinkley.
Yeah, I can relate to that. I didn't watch it either but I hear the turd had a whinge about the maggots as did that Sth Aussie clown Cornes .

Fancy a Sth Aussie complaining about the maggots.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Ken Hinkley vs St Kilda

12 games

Hinkley
11 wins
One coach

St Kilda
1 win
4 coaches

We have a much better and thoroughly superior Coach-to-win ratio.

They are hurting.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Mon 01 May 2023 7:52pm I usually watch the opposition press conferences even after a loss but on this occasion I was unable to bring myself to watch the smug and nauseating Kent Hinkley.
I can’t stand that pigman Kenny Krinkle. On the other hand, I don’t think Port Adelaide supporters like him much, either. Here’s to hoping he signs on with them for another 5 years! :mrgreen:

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Mon 01 May 2023 9:23pm
Yeah, I can relate to that. I didn't watch it either but I hear the turd had a whinge about the maggots as did that Sth Aussie clown Cornes .

Fancy a Sth Aussie complaining about the maggots.
Even the Filth got reamed by the maggots in front of an Adelaide crowd on Sunday. I was actually hoping for the Filth to break their hearts as I don’t want to see the Adelaide Crows getting too good any time soon haha

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Would take a bit to get ahead of Geelong, collingwood, adelaide.