Fire in the belly

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Fire in the belly

I watch the 7 guys inducted into the Hall of Fame last night and while they all had admiral claims I couldn't help wondering if Rooey didn't have a greater claim than either Bartel or Enright.

The three were all from the same era and while Rooey lacked any premiership medals he was a long serving Captain of our club and at least the equal of the two Geelong players.

I was also greatly impressed by Choco Williams who still possessed something our last three saints coaches including our current one,have sadly lacked. Fire in the belly.

Makes one wonder what could have been as he at least was/is a Premiership coach.

He was an overlooked applicant in the past. Lyon didn't have any opposition this time around

But, in addition to that premiership, fire in the belly wins hands down over being "cuddily", IMHFO.
Last edited by saynta on Wed 28 Jun 2023 7:49pm, edited 1 time in total.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Re: Fire in the belly

viewtopic.php?t=106282

Apparently offered it this year but couldn't make it

ace
Saintsational Legend

Rooey was admitted this year but as he is presently in the USA and could not attend he could not be formally inducted this year.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Thumbing his nose at the AFL a bit, Rooey?

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

When you ave committed yourself to something like Riewoldt did, and then serve the media for money to secure your families future, I can understand how something like appearing to get another award, that isn't actually a premiership medallion, would take the back seat to uninterrupted time with the family, which he announced he was committed to. Its a great honour, but it can wait, he owes the AFL nothing.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

He did come back a few weeks ago for some shindig in Cobram with Garry Lyon and others.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote: Thu 29 Jun 2023 7:57am He did come back a few weeks ago for some shindig in Cobram with Garry Lyon and others.
Are you talking about his paid 'shindig' as the Brand Ambassador for Cobram Estate. Haven't you heard, Roo is also a masterchef. He has a contract to fulfill.