Footy Classified

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Footy Classified

Caro claimed that Simon Lethlean has been offered the CEO's job at Hawthorn.

She also said Lethlean and Ross Lyon don't get on.

She rang Lethlean and he admitted the Hawthorn approach but denied there was a rift between him and the Supercoach.

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Re: Footy Classified

See how on field performance isn't rated/discussed. Not a mention on the On the Couch show either. Us and Suns. Memorable match.

I imagine Pres. Bassett remembers Simon's board presentations when SL was footy boss. Can't imagine the club trying to persuade him to stay.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Couldn’t see these 2 bulls getting on in the back paddock

“Yeah….nah””
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

No issue with me as I don't rate Lethers. Who comes in? Don't say Misson.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Otiman wrote: Tue 18 Jul 2023 1:34am No issue with me as I don't rate Lethers. Who comes in? Don't say Misson.
I don't know anything about Lethlean, except his alleged dalliance with Madi Blomberg, partner of Kurtley Beale...
And also, he was quoted as saying he would feel great if he helped us to our second 🏆 as our fans deserve it...
But he can go to the Hawks, no problem.
CEO does admin stuff, not sure how it affects on-field

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

I hear Lethlean is a top bloke. No opinion on this except to say that the Hammebury deal was arguably the worst in club history and Brad Hill has been massively overpaid to boot (though I doubt RTB agrees with the latter statement).

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Four Pillars my arse!

Only ever been two pillars

Ross answers to no one except Bassett

That’s how ego Mania works

If this turns pare shape it will be spectacular

Captains picks rarely workout

ACTSAINTER
Club Player

RTB did say this was an exploratory year. I don't think he confined that comment just to the playing group. The administration needs to be "explored" as well

"Oh I do love to be beside the sea side..........................................."
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Didn’t seem to be much in this but not surprised if they don’t get along.

I don’t think RTB covered himself in any glory at the beginning of the year. Who knows what impact this audio leak had on the morale of the playing group but it wouldn’t have been good.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Tue 18 Jul 2023 9:45am Didn’t seem to be much in this but not surprised if they don’t get along.

I don’t think RTB covered himself in any glory at the beginning of the year. Who knows what impact this audio leak had on the morale of the playing group but it wouldn’t have been good.
I wonder if our chaps, although highly tuned highly paid professional athletes, are deep down sensitive flowers. So its hard to broach things like skill errors, poor positioning, stupidity in the workplace, seagulling. They might not get the use of allegories to highlight what happens when you turn the ball over in the defensive 50 or 5 guys have worked there bums off to get the ball to f50 to see it gaily butchered and come straight back.
Photo on AFL site today is captioned Saint Kilda players leave field dejected. I found that so sad, poignant. Its like on the train ride home, I feel their pain.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Tue 18 Jul 2023 4:42am Four Pillars my arse!

pear. ffs.

The G Train Legacy
Club Player

And that's the way I like it. Bassat and Lyon are the most accountable, so they should be the major decision makers.
Management by committee is a sure fire path to failure.

older saint
SS Life Member

Maybe SL got the s***s that RL said the list needed an overall considering he had a large say in putting the list together.

Caro being Caro - by the way took attention away from Dusty getting gifted a fine. Richmond must really have something on Christian as Cotchin and Dusty more fines for punches and elbows than any before

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 18 Jul 2023 11:10am

pear. ffs.
his chatbot doesn't have auto correct.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Wilson said that internally they think the playing list nowhere near it.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

And that's the way I like it. Bassat and Lyon are the most accountable, so they should be the major decision makers.
benevolent dictatorship needed

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

I'm surrprised that anyone still watches that crap show .

I stopped earlier this year. Nauseating actually.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

older saint wrote: Tue 18 Jul 2023 12:04pm Maybe SL got the s***s that RL said the list needed an overall considering he had a large say in putting the list together.

Caro being Caro - by the way took attention away from Dusty getting gifted a fine. Richmond must really have something on Christian as Cotchin and Dusty more fines for punches and elbows than any before
One of my mates said that Toby Green would have got 2 weeks . I said Steven Baker would have got 6 weeks

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Tue 18 Jul 2023 2:30pm I'm surrprised that anyone still watches that crap show .

I stopped earlier this year. Nauseating actually.
ditto

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

The G Train Legacy wrote: Tue 18 Jul 2023 12:01pm

I couldn't agree more, it's why China has become the world superpower.

Having said that though, a centralised management system in an elite sporting organisation might work if the supreme leader welcomes feedback and is flexible when better ideas come along.

The G Train Legacy
Club Player

Vortex wrote: Tue 18 Jul 2023 6:43pm

Having said that though, a centralised management system in an elite sporting organisation might work if the supreme leader welcomes feedback and is flexible when better ideas come along.
Are you comparing an Organisation of about 70000 members, with about 70 or 80 employees and an annual turnover in tens of $millions to a nation of 1.5 billion? By the way China does rule by committee and will be a failed state within 10 years, more a paper superpower.

Are you also suggesting that Ross doesn't listen to Hayes, Enright or Harvey? And why would he listen to anyone else but them?

And in regard to "...welcomes feedback and is flexible when better ideas come along" HR wank-speak! Better ideas according to who?

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

The G Train Legacy wrote: Tue 18 Jul 2023 8:03pm

Are you comparing an Organisation of about 70000 members, with about 70 or 80 employees and an annual turnover in tens of $millions to a nation of 1.5 billion? By the way China does rule by committee and will be a failed state within 10 years, more a paper superpower.

Are you also suggesting that Ross doesn't listen to Hayes, Enright or Harvey? And why would he listen to anyone else but them?

And in regard to "...welcomes feedback and is flexible when better ideas come along" HR wank-speak! Better ideas according to who?
All I'm saying is I admire the communist system, especially China's model, they get stuff done and make heaps of really cool stuff cheap. Don't be closed to the idea, the Chinese are proving what can be a achieved when you don't have to negotiate your ideas.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Cons :Communist system is great if you don’t mind loss of free speech, periodic bouts of starvation
And yearn for austerity

Pros: dims sims

The G Train Legacy
Club Player

Vortex wrote: Tue 18 Jul 2023 8:09pm

All I'm saying is I admire the communist system, especially China's model, they get stuff done and make heaps of really cool stuff cheap. Don't be closed to the idea, the Chinese are proving what can be a achieved when you don't have to negotiate your ideas.
I'm not surprised that you do.

By 2030 China will have more retirees than workers. Don't need to be an economist to know that means they're f***ed and completely so. And by the way, nowadays they are more fascist than communist, not that there's a lot of difference between the two.

Regardless, your China comparison is completely irrelevant. We're talking about a Footy Club and Football Dept, not a nation. Who should Ross be taking advice from? Lethlean? The Media Guy? Saynta? I actually have no doubt that he's picking brains all the time and loves a good idea. Trouble is, everyone is full of ideas, only a few of them are ever good.

If a Coach has to negotiate his ideas, then you've got a dysfunctional footy dept.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

The G Train Legacy wrote: Tue 18 Jul 2023 8:54pm
Vortex wrote: Tue 18 Jul 2023 8:09pm

I'm not surprised that you do.

By 2030 China will have more retirees than workers. Don't need to be an economist to know that means they're f***ed and completely so. And by the way, nowadays they are more fascist than communist, not that there's a lot of difference between the two.

Regardless, your China comparison is completely irrelevant. We're talking about a Footy Club and Football Dept, not a nation. Who should Ross be taking advice from? Lethlean? The Media Guy? Saynta? I actually have no doubt that he's picking brains all the time and loves a good idea. Trouble is, everyone is full of ideas, only a few of them are ever good.

If a Coach has to negotiate his ideas, then you've got a dysfunctional footy dept.
Of coarse we are talking about a footy club but I’m thoroughly enjoying the in-depth exploration of the intersection of Maoism and Rossism and the 13th rule for the new world order.