Saints v blues team changes

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

nobhead
Club Player

Saints v blues team changes

Caminiti susp
Jones inj
Sharman inj
In king hill and heath
Webster cordy wilkie
Sinclair battle nwm
Hill owens wood
Billings king phillipou
Higgins heath butler
Marshall crouch steele
Windy clark byrnes stocker
Sub gresham

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints v blues team changes

nobhead wrote: Mon 31 Jul 2023 7:50pm Caminiti susp
Jones inj
Sharman inj
I have seen the first two confirmed today. Have not seen the third confirmed today. If a hamstring normally the scans would have been done and reported by now.

Anyone seen any reports?

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Michito was touch and go before the Hawks match. Used sparingly until the last quarter when we needed him. Let’s see how he pulls up

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote: Mon 31 Jul 2023 8:12pm Michito was touch and go before the Hawks match. Used sparingly until the last quarter when we needed him. Let’s see how he pulls up
Any word on Coops?

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

We need need Owens up and about. What a revelation he has been.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Absolutely brilliant first quarter. Team footy at its best. It's amazing what you can achieve when you have an attacking mind set. Loved the goal barrage

There probably needs to be a complete separate thread on that first quarter because we haven't had as good a 1st quarter like that since back in the GT days.

Percentage could play a big part in whether we make Finals. It was great seeing Gresh always looking to dish off to a team mate.

But...anyhoo...If you can't play team football and you want to be selfish then you shouldn't be in the team...

Next player that needs a lesson in being unselfish (as usual he's a goal hungry small forward) and that's Snags.

Higgins should be dropped for not giving the ball to 2 St Kilda players ahead of him that were miles in the clear. This was when there was 7 minutes left to play until the final siren.

The Hawks hadn't scored a goal yet in the last quarter, so it meant we would have continued our momentum. As it was, they kicked the last 2 goals of the game.

Higgins was one our lowest ranked players up until the stage where he kicked his first goal midway into the last quarter. The other junk time goal was due to our forwards (Caminiti in particular) bringing the ball down off a pack situation and handing him a gimme in the goal square.

Not forgetting...it was cocky Higgins who dropped the easy chest mark earlier this year that cost us against the Hawks. He could have iced the game back in Round 11, instead of his team getting embarrassed.

Saintmike65
Club Player

Why would you drop your leading goal kicker (Higgins)?

terry smith rules
SS Hall of Fame

saintsRrising wrote: Mon 31 Jul 2023 7:59pm
Jones inj
Sharman inj
I have seen the first two confirmed today. Have not seen the third confirmed today. If a hamstring normally the scans would have been done and reported by now.

Anyone seen any reports?
It looked like the ice was on the side of his leg, so hoping it was just a cork

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

tony74 wrote: Mon 31 Jul 2023 8:12pm Michito was touch and go before the Hawks match. Used sparingly until the last quarter when we needed him. Let’s see how he pulls up
Yeah - that was quite noticeable in game with his lower leg tightly strapped. Calf?

Go you red, black & white warriors
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Scollop wrote: Tue 01 Aug 2023 1:01am Absolutely brilliant first quarter. Team footy at its best. It's amazing what you can achieve when you have an attacking mind set. Loved the goal barrage

There probably needs to be a complete separate thread on that first quarter because we haven't had as good a 1st quarter like that since back in the GT days.

Percentage could play a big part in whether we make Finals. It was great seeing Gresh always looking to dish off to a team mate.

But...anyhoo...If you can't play team football and you want to be selfish then you shouldn't be in the team...

Next player that needs a lesson in being unselfish (as usual he's a goal hungry small forward) and that's Snags.

Higgins should be dropped for not giving the ball to 2 St Kilda players ahead of him that were miles in the clear. This was when there was 7 minutes left to play until the final siren.

The Hawks hadn't scored a goal yet in the last quarter, so it meant we would have continued our momentum. As it was, they kicked the last 2 goals of the game.

Higgins was one our lowest ranked players up until the stage where he kicked his first goal midway into the last quarter. The other junk time goal was due to our forwards (Caminiti in particular) bringing the ball down off a pack situation and handing him a gimme in the goal square.

Not forgetting...it was cocky Higgins who dropped the easy chest mark earlier this year that cost us against the Hawks. He could have iced the game back in Round 11, instead of his team getting embarrassed.
Funnily enough - our most entire attacking game was v the Dawks at the G last year when that fairy Will Day ran into Ryder and knocked himself out

Go you red, black & white warriors
older saint
SS Life Member

Out: Sharman (inj). Jones (inj), Caminiti (SUS)

IN: Gresham(sub), Hill, King,Membrey

Byrnes /stocker (sub)

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

I can't see King playing this week. I reckon he could be ready in 2 weeks.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Sharman didn’t look too worried about anything in his post game interview. My gut feeling is that he will be ok.

Think Ross was playing some mind games.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Tue 01 Aug 2023 12:22pm Sharman didn’t look too worried about anything in his post game interview. My gut feeling is that he will be ok.

Think Ross was playing some mind games.
Look, when you get so high ice naturally forms.

King Max
Club Player

We are challenging the Caminiti suspension.

saintbob
SS Life Member

Jones inj
Sharman inj
In king hill and heath
Webster cordy wilkie
Sinclair battle nwm
Hill owens wood
Billings king phillipou
Higgins heath butler
Marshall crouch steele
Windy clark byrnes stocker
Sub gresham
I would absolutely love to see Owens get a full game in the guts and I’d also love to see Heath get a crack at it.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Out:
Jones (knee)
Owens (calf)
Caminiti (susp)

In:

Hill
Bytel
Campbell

Other available players with sufficient fitness who could come in

Peris
Paton
Coffield (maybe)

I can't see Membrey or Hayes coming in because they have yet to play a full game at Sandy. I also doubt King will play

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Is Owens out or is this just speculation?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
TheGreatZacsby
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Tue 01 Aug 2023 1:01am Absolutely brilliant first quarter. Team footy at its best. It's amazing what you can achieve when you have an attacking mind set. Loved the goal barrage

Scollop mate, forward pocket is the lowest AFL ranking position to play period. I wouldn’t be going by AFL ranking points to grade Higgins game. Higgins kicked 2 goals 3 behinds and Gresh kicked only one. Gresh also attended more CBAs so his AFL ranking points are inflated with clearances and GAs.

I think Gresh is more of a selfish player than Higgins and has track record for it. Don’t think Higgins needs to be dropped. He’s a good player. Who do you want to bring in? Peris?

TheGreatZacsby
Club Player

Saintmike65 wrote: Tue 01 Aug 2023 11:35am Why would you drop your leading goal kicker (Higgins)?
Scollop comes up with some wild ideas mate. Higgins is in auto selection.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

I understand that Higgins is valued ( obviously he wouldn't have got a new contract if he wasn't) but he needs to change his selfish behaviour if we are going to be a successful team.

As soon as the team sheet came out last week and as soon as Gresh saw he had been dropped it sent a message to the WHOLE team.

Sometimes you have to do what's right for the team and you have to make an example of a player so that everyone understands and everyone stays disciplined

So...what was the outcome to Gresh personally.

He changed his behaviour. He was a team player for 100% of the time he was on the ground

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I don’t see any problems with Higgins I see problems with Gresham
I think we will miss Jones. He was good until injured.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Saintmike65 wrote: Tue 01 Aug 2023 11:35am Why would you drop your leading goal kicker (Higgins)?
To make him a better asset to the team.

This isn't a competition between Butler and Higgo to see who is going to end up with more goals at the end of the year (although Snags obviously thinks it is).

If there is an opportunity for a certain goal and you have 2 players ahead of you, then you must pass the footy.

If he doesn't practice being unselfish, he'll cost us percentage or at worse a spot in finals

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Tue 01 Aug 2023 2:25pm I don’t see any problems with Higgins I see problems with Gresham
Funnily enough I was about to say the opposite! After what I saw of Jones on the weekend I'd be happy if he was done at St Kilda. Poor skills, fumbles, poor decisions. Unfortunate for him with the injury, have we heard what it is exactly?

I wasn't overly impressed with Higgins either, blows so many opportunities that should be bread and butter for a small forward. The class difference between he and Butler in that position showed greatly IMO.

It's all moot anyway, I think Carlton are a long way ahead of us on current form, I actually don't see us getting another win this year as things are unfortunately.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Tue 01 Aug 2023 2:54pm
The Fireman wrote: Tue 01 Aug 2023 2:25pm I don’t see any problems with Higgins I see problems with Gresham
Funnily enough I was about to say the opposite! After what I saw of Jones on the weekend I'd be happy if he was done at St Kilda. Poor skills, fumbles, poor decisions. Unfortunate for him with the injury, have we heard what it is exactly?

I wasn't overly impressed with Higgins either, blows so many opportunities that should be bread and butter for a small forward. The class difference between he and Butler in that position showed greatly IMO.

It's all moot anyway, I think Carlton are a long way ahead of us on current form, I actually don't see us getting another win this year as things are unfortunately.
then we are totally opposed in our thought process. :)