Ladder predictor

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Ladder predictor

The august pundits at afl.com.au have us finishing 11th.

I think that means they expect us to lose all four of our remaining games.

Time to show these "gurus" a thing or two, lads.

1. Collingwood
2. Port Adelaide
3. Melbourne
4. Brisbane
5. Carlton
6. Greater Western Sydney
7. Western Bulldogs
8. Geelong

9. Adelaide
10. Richmond
11. St Kilda
12. Sydney
13. Essendon
14. Gold Coast
15. Fremantle
16. Hawthorn
17. North Melbourne
18. West Coast

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

Re: Ladder predictor

I can't see us winning more than Richmond ...but maybe Geelong if we are super skilled on the night...

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

We'll beat Carlton Sundee.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Good.

Takes the external pressure off at least.

Hopefully, acts as a motivating factor.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Robbo & Geraldo were rudely dismissive of our win Sunday and finals prospects when interviewing RTB.
Ignorant rude opinionated tossers, on a good day.
Although Geelong and Essendon both got done so they might have been mourning.

BadRossco
Club Player

Even if we win two, which is very unlikely, our impact in finals would be minimal. I would be happy finishing 11th and hopefully using the draft pick wisely.

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

BadRossco wrote: Tue 01 Aug 2023 11:14pm Even if we win two, which is very unlikely, our impact in finals would be minimal. I would be happy finishing 11th and hopefully using the draft pick wisely.
Making finals is good for morale and makes us more of a destination club. Languishing in no-man's land for years just makes us have to pay massive overs for free agents.

Besides, being in the top eight all year only to slip out on the eve of the finals is cruel on fans -- even fans used to uncommon cruelty.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

BadRossco wrote: Tue 01 Aug 2023 11:14pm Even if we win two, which is very unlikely, our impact in finals would be minimal. I would be happy finishing 11th and hopefully using the draft pick wisely.
I beg to differ. Sides won't want to play us. Check out Sundays Q1 & Q4, how we pushed Naarm or whatever Gawn's team is called. As Alan Kohler might say, our underlying fundamentals are strong, reinforcements have arrived, coaching has been damn good recently.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

If we win on Sunday, it’s going to make a lot of experts look very stupid.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

We could win all
We could lose all
Just depends which team turns up
The 🍾🌟 or the 💩

In red white and black from 73
StPeter
Club Player

We are irrelevant to most of the footy media and fraternity.

I watched several of the programs post last week's round like On the Couch and AFL 360 and St Kilda didn't rate a mention.

Every other team in the running for finals, even those with virtually no chance, were talked up.

Caroline Wilson, who is a journalist I generally respect, has little time for the Saints,

and tips against us almost every week both this season and for a long time. She has maybe tipped us to win only two or three times this year.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Sadly I would agree with them, I don’t see us winning another game with our current form.

Would love to be proven wrong tho 👍

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

mr six o'clock wrote: Wed 02 Aug 2023 12:39am
Just depends which team turns up
Both us and the opposition.

If you look at Geelong they have been just as variable as we have been.

Also the Tigers, and Blues.

Lions as well, but not as much. Plus they are much better at the GABBA.

Cats are definitely beatable if we play smart and fast football for long enough. AND DO NOT JUST ROOST IT TO STEAWART AND DK. (ie That is how Freo beat them).

If we play stop and prop football and go missing for half the time, then no chance.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Tue 01 Aug 2023 10:27pm Robbo & Geraldo were rudely dismissive of our win Sunday and finals prospects when interviewing RTB.
The nerd and the fat f*** drunk. Who gives a f*** what they think. They have never been fans. :evil:

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

StPeter wrote: Wed 02 Aug 2023 12:40am We are irrelevant to most of the footy media and fraternity.

I watched several of the programs post last week's round like On the Couch and AFL 360 and St Kilda didn't rate a mention.

Every other team in the running for finals, even those with virtually no chance, were talked up.

Caroline Wilson, who is a journalist I generally respect, has little time for the Saints,

and tips against us almost every week both this season and for a long time. She has maybe tipped us to win only two or three times this year.
5th, in the 8 all year. That's not irrelevant by a long shot. Commentators are in denial. Can't cope with Geelong (Whateley), Richmond (Wilson) and Sydney (AFL) being outside the finals group. New coach at St Kilda succeeds, youngsters going ok is not the narrative they fed into ChatGPT.

older saint
SS Life Member

Robbo is like a ember in a fire pit trying to stay relevant, first smashes Gary Lyon for making a joke and now this. He may potentially kill the show unless he is moved on.
Like the fact not rated or respected - Carlton will be tough although due for a down one after being up so long, richmond hate Marvel and Geelong potentially no Stewart, Blicavs and Hawkins or combination of suddenly aren't as scary at marvel.

Making the finals would be great even if dont win one just for the experience and taste the young players will get. Of recent times we have drafted better when the pick is 6-12 so that cant be considered.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

StPeter wrote: Wed 02 Aug 2023 12:40am We are irrelevant to most of the footy media and fraternity.

Respect that Kero Caro? Well everyone is entitled to their opinions.

I have never seen anything that I have read with her poisen pen name under it, that I have found truthful or factual.

You are right that she doesn't like or respect the Saints though.

She tipped us to be bottom four and we are showing her up for her lack of footy smarts, hence the hate.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 02 Aug 2023 11:07am
Yorkeys wrote: Tue 01 Aug 2023 10:27pm Robbo & Geraldo were rudely dismissive of our win Sunday and finals prospects when interviewing RTB.
The nerd and the fat f*** drunk. Who gives a f*** what they think. They have never been fans. :evil:
Ouch!

😆

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 02 Aug 2023 11:19am

Respect that Kero Caro? Well everyone is entitled to their opinions.

I have never seen anything that I have read with her poisen pen name under it, that I have found truthful or factual.

You are right that she doesn't like or respect the Saints though.

She tipped us to be bottom four and we are showing her up for her lack of footy smarts, hence the hate.
You said Caro never pens anything truthful or factual.

She's into gossip and politics. She's clueless when it comes to on field football or players or predictions

The only stuff she gets correct (like the recent sacking of Stuart Dew) is when she has a source who leaks information to her.

The other way a few journalists operate is when they hack people's emails or tap their phones. It's not journalism. It's espionage. Their employers have been taken to court when they get caught out.

And on the subject of bugs and phone tapping. There's always commercial interests at play too

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-06-06/ ... ou/4737644

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

At the start of the year 10 AFL Journalists, (term used very loosely), predicted how the ladder would look at the end of the year.

All 10 had us in the bottom 6, and 7 had us in the bottom 4. More than half picked StKilda to be the biggest slider for the year. Barrett had us higher than anyone in 13th.

With a new coach and no loss of significant players it's hard to fathom. It's just a complete disdain and lack of respect for our club. It's up to us to change it.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

We are the Rodney Dangerfield of the AFL. No respect.

Saint supporter since '62
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Squiggle has us 8th.

https://squiggle.com.au/ladder/

0.2 games between 5th and 8th we could finish anywhere. Cant see us lower than 9th.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Trev from the Bush wrote: Wed 02 Aug 2023 7:34pm We are the Rodney Dangerfield of the AFL. No respect.
I am more hoping that we are the Steven Bradbury of the AFL...

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Saint2
Club Player

Selhurst Saint wrote: Wed 02 Aug 2023 7:04pm At the start of the year 10 AFL Journalists, (term used very loosely), predicted how the ladder would look at the end of the year.

All 10 had us in the bottom 6, and 7 had us in the bottom 4. More than half picked StKilda to be the biggest slider for the year. Barrett had us higher than anyone in 13th.

With a new coach and no loss of significant players it's hard to fathom. It's just a complete disdain and lack of respect for our club. It's up to us to change it.
Not sure about some of these journos and their football knowledge, is their background football, or gardening or maybe travel or motoring?

The G Train Legacy
Club Player

SAINT-LEE wrote: Tue 01 Aug 2023 9:04pm I can't see us winning more than Richmond ...but maybe Geelong if we are super skilled on the night...
If Brisbane aren't playing for anything in that last game because their ladder position is settled and won't change regardless of the result. Then we win, almost certainly. Even West Coast could beat them in that circumstance as the cue will be in the rack.

If Geelong lose the next two, Port and Collingwood, then they'll be out of Finals contention when we play them. They will likely then put the cue in the rack.

Whatever happens we will be in Finals contention until the second last round at least.