Damian Hardwick’s remarkable recovery…

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Damian Hardwick’s remarkable recovery…

…from utter ‘burnt-outed was’ !!

Wow

Do you believe he was burnt out?

Do you think a little birdie tapped on his window?

I am now shamelessly hoping for a devastating wooden spoon three-peat for Gold Coast.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Rubyjo
Club Player

Re: Damian Hardwick’s remarkable recovery…

Honestly he has runs on the board and now has the ability to call the shots where ever he goes ...he has achieved the pinnacle of afl footy ...good luck to him he deserves it no matter what any one thinks of him..

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

It’s interesting that he can bail on Richmond mid-season on the grounds of exhaustion, and be patted on the back and all and sundry are duly congratulated for ‘handling it so professionally’.

Ross the boss in the other hand, is the devil incarnated for leaving seasons end.

Rubyjo
Club Player

shanegrambeau wrote: Fri 25 Aug 2023 11:01pm It’s interesting that he can bail on Richmond mid-season on the grounds of exhaustion, and be patted on the back and all and sundry are duly congratulated for ‘handling it so professionally’.

Ross the boss in the other hand, is the devil incarnated for leaving seasons end.
He didn't bail on Richmond...his time was done ...it's as simple as that ..how can you bail after 3 premierships ...he deserves to go out on his terms ..and choose what he likes ..he has earnt the right to write his own cheque book...hate him or love him ..he earnt it

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Rubyjo wrote: Fri 25 Aug 2023 11:16pm
shanegrambeau wrote: Fri 25 Aug 2023 11:01pm It’s interesting that he can bail on Richmond mid-season on the grounds of exhaustion, and be patted on the back and all and sundry are duly congratulated for ‘handling it so professionally’.

He didn't bail on Richmond...his time was done ...it's as simple as that ..how can you bail after 3 premierships ...he deserves to go out on his terms ..and choose what he likes ..he has earnt the right to write his own cheque book...hate him or love him ..he earnt it
That’s legacy talking.
Not in the moment.
They will pay..

But no doubt, he owes them nothing.. three flags..who would have thought. In early2017, they were basket cases.

But I hope Gold Coast goes to the turds now…I was kind to Dew and their unfortunate Frankensteinian mold. No more.. Mercy free.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

He’s a grub

“Yeah….nah””
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

While I think Hardwick is a great get for GC, I’m not convinced that this will just be a simple plug and play and finals are guaranteed. Like everyone else, I will be watching with interest.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Waiting for Essendon to ask for a priority pick and an assistance package. That will shuffle all the Suns first round picks backwards.
Looking forward to Clarkson and Scott arguing their respective clubs are the bigger basket case. Scott knows from his time as Operations Mgr how to frame the case but Clarko is developing his victim impact statement quite nicely.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

It's amazing how much mythology builds around coaches who have had a premiership with an outstanding playing list with a host of superstars.

The way the media slobber and and grovel around Hardwick is embarrassing. The endless fawning is nauseating, especially from the likes of Gearard Whately, whose flowery language and faux intellectualism combine to produce a bile inducing soliloquy every time he speaks about Hardwick. Pass me the bucket.

Have people forgotten how he played his football? I haven't. It's my view that the way people play their football is a reflection of their core character. Nasty piece of work was Mr Hardwick.

And now the AFL have handed him their golden child. All others were sacrificed for this moment. All the heartache, the hard slog, the list building was done by others, and now he walks in like the Emperor with a pile of talent amassed before his arrival. No doubt the AFL will do everything in their power to provide every privelege possible for Emperor Hardwick.

wally
Club Player

I think the writing was on the wall and he probably was burned out trying to get the playing group to improve.
I think it was the right call and handled really well.
I tried to remember the last time StKilda FC parted ways with the coach in a civilised/amicable way, the best I could do
was Tim Watson, from memory it was ok

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

If he was burned out before, he'll be burned out again in a year.

There are two alternatives, the burnout was bulls*** or he will sit back and cruise a bit more at GC.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

The plan for him going to Gold Coast was set in motion before he left the Tigers for sure

Hey Damien ..... we are looking replace Stewie and have you earmarked for the job on a very nice package but how do we get you out of the Tigers ...... sounds great .... let's say I cite exhaustion and quit and then head overseas after which you can come over for a couple weeks of European summer sun and fun and I can be magically refreshed and say I am ready to go again ..... can't be harder than leaving my wife and family for some young floozie ..... let's do this!!

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Gone to a club which will challenge in the near future

They are bursting with talent

They have incredible depth - VFL side dominates

I predict within 3 years they win a flag

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

With all the concessions they have been given they have heaps of talent and should be in contention over the next few years.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote: Sat 26 Aug 2023 5:54am It's amazing how much mythology builds around coaches who have had a premiership with an outstanding playing list with a host of superstars.

The way the media slobber and and grovel around Hardwick is embarrassing. The endless fawning is nauseating, especially from the likes of Gearard Whately, whose flowery language and faux intellectualism combine to produce a bile inducing soliloquy every time he speaks about Hardwick. Pass me the bucket.

Have people forgotten how he played his football? I haven't. It's my view that the way people play their football is a reflection of their core character. Nasty piece of work was Mr Hardwick.

And now the AFL have handed him their golden child. All others were sacrificed for this moment. All the heartache, the hard slog, the list building was done by others, and now he walks in like the Emperor with a pile of talent amassed before his arrival. No doubt the AFL will do everything in their power to provide every privelege possible for Emperor Hardwick.
Excellent summary. Love your work and it's all so true. 8-) :o

I could never stand the guy. Always had a silly smirk on his quite ugly face.

Maybe all good coaches are also pricks. Scott is as another example, The filth coach is an exception I think.

darylcowie
Club Player

cwrcyn wrote: Sat 26 Aug 2023 5:54am It's amazing how much mythology builds around coaches who have had a premiership with an outstanding playing list with a host of superstars.

Hardwick and Lyon had mongrel in common as players and that is what helps to drive them both as coaches who demand crrtain standards are met by their players.

its time to make a name for yourself like you've never made before!
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

totally agree, a coach is nothing without a list chock full of stars.

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

Devilhead wrote: Sat 26 Aug 2023 9:59am The plan for him going to Gold Coast was set in motion before he left the Tigers for sure

Hey Damien ..... we are looking replace Stewie and have you earmarked for the job on a very nice package but how do we get you out of the Tigers ...... sounds great .... let's say I cite exhaustion and quit and then head overseas after which you can come over for a couple weeks of European summer sun and fun and I can be magically refreshed and say I am ready to go again ..... can't be harder than leaving my wife and family for some young floozie ..... let's do this!!
I can tell you that is not true.
I am very close with a current plus a past board member at the Suns.

The Suns were targeting Hinkley, been told that by both board members.
When Port started performing and Hinkley became less likely, along with Harwick leaving the Tigers, the focus changed.

The AFL were very heavy in directing & assisting the Suns to secure Hardwick.

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
D.B.Cooper
Club Player

wally wrote: Sat 26 Aug 2023 8:35am I think the writing was on the wall and he probably was burned out trying to get the playing group to improve.
I think it was the right call and handled really well.
I tried to remember the last time StKilda FC parted ways with the coach in a civilised/amicable way, the best I could do
was Tim Watson, from memory it was ok
The Richo exit was pretty well handled IMO.

Regardless of what has been achieved, there comes a time where the desire is not what it was, the work ethic drops marginally and what was working well goes cold. It's time to move on.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Sat 26 Aug 2023 12:06pm
Devilhead wrote: Sat 26 Aug 2023 9:59am The plan for him going to Gold Coast was set in motion before he left the Tigers for sure

When Port started performing and Hinkley became less likely, along with Harwick leaving the Tigers, the focus changed.

yup, was hearing the same thing from connections through one of their major sponsors.

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

Vortex wrote: Sat 26 Aug 2023 12:09pm
D.B.Cooper wrote: Sat 26 Aug 2023 12:06pm

yup, was hearing the same thing from connections through one of their major sponsors.
Going to the Gabba today Vortex?

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

I always love the references to being close to someone who has great integrity, like a board member, past board member or a sponsor.

Then in the next line, we strip off the integrity and say, cause I'm close to them and trusted, I can announce that they have great integrity and that statement above isn't true.

I wish I had connections to people of great integrity. I'd tell everyone too. Lol

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 26 Aug 2023 12:23pm I always love the references to:
Being close to someone who has great integrity, like a board member, past board member or a sponsor.

Then in the next line, we strip off the integrity and say, cause I'm close to them and trusted, I can announce that they have great integrity and that statement above isn't true.

I wish I had connections to people of great integrity. I'd tell everyone too. Lol
I assume you refer to my post and that of Vortex.

Not sure why you inserted the word integrity?
Most board members I am associated with (outside of the NFP sector) would never use that word when describing themselves, I also would not use that term to describe myself.

Perhaps credibility is the word you were seeking?

Definitely quoting board members past and present could be deemed to be validating the credibility of the information source.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Sat 26 Aug 2023 12:30pm
Being close to someone who has great integrity, like a board member, past board member or a sponsor.

Most board members I am associated with (outside of the NFP sector) would never use that word when describing themselves, I also would not use that term to describe myself.

Definitely quoting board members past and present could be deemed to be validating the credibility of the information source.
No. Board members are trusted to have integrity. Your mates clearly don't.

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

CQ SAINT wrote: Sat 26 Aug 2023 12:39pm
D.B.Cooper wrote: Sat 26 Aug 2023 12:30pm

No. Board members are trusted to have integrity. Your mates clearly don't.
You haven’t spent too much time on Boards I take it 😉