Well, apart from the result.........

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Well, apart from the result.........

YES! a bloody awful result. However, how great to be involved in September action again! Quite simply, GWS had the measure of us pretty much all game, such is (footy) life! The sun came up today, life goes on! Yesterday was brilliant for me in SO many ways: meeting up with pals at The Duke pre game, chatting and enjoying each others company, walking with the thousands of others to the mighty MCG! Sitting among fellow Sainters in M35 and getting to hear that mighty roar that greeted each Saints goal! Standing up and chanting "St KILDA! St KILDA!!!" Jeez, is there a better feeling than being at the footy???

Apart from the result of course! :wink:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Re: Well, apart from the result.........

Well said Jiggster!
Need more of your positivity on here.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote: Sun 10 Sep 2023 12:30pm Well said Jiggster!
Need more of your positivity on here.
Thank you whiskers3614! Look Colleague, I was GUTTED in the immediate aftermath of yesterday's game :( But ultimately, its a football result! is ALL! (in the scheme of things!) Geelong, Richmond, Adelaide, The Dullbogs, ALL would have swapped positions with us at the conclusion of the H&A season!
The point of my post, is NOT to be some some sort of "happy clapper" "Kumbayah chorus leader" at losing, but rather to highlight something that folk often forget, and that is the simple joy of "going to the footy".......... maybe getting back to THAT has helped me get my head straight about supporting this lovely, crazy old club!!

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Yeah comrade. I enjoyed the year

I feel a bit sorry for the ones who sprouted negativity all season though

Looking forward to 24

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Sun 10 Sep 2023 1:04pm Yeah comrade. I enjoyed the year

Looking forward to 24
Mate, losing bloody well HURTS!!! I guess I'm just an old fool who actually enjoys going to the footy with my grandkids and my pals, and at my age (78) I've decided to get back to basics, and just LOVE the game and being there! ...with ALL its joy and pain!

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote: Sun 10 Sep 2023 1:11pm
The Fireman wrote: Sun 10 Sep 2023 1:04pm Yeah comrade. I enjoyed the year

Looking forward to 24
Mate, losing bloody well HURTS!!! I guess I'm just an old fool who actually enjoys going to the footy with my grandkids and my pals, and at my age (78) I've decided to get back to basics, and just LOVE the game and being there! ...with ALL its joy and pain!
Lol there is no doubt the older you get the less the angst

I would get extremely angry after a loss. Not anymore, it hurts but I manage to get over it quicker

Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Good post Jigster.

I had been prodding the minds of forumites recently about how serious our membership was about atteng our games and supporting our team. My doubts were erased by the 69 and a half thousand at the 'G yesterday. I cannot recall a more vocal pro-Saints crowd in recent decades. Players mentioned after the match how positively the crowd's support spurred them. Collingwood players commented after Thursday's game how their supporters give them an advantage over their opponents and I hope the spirit among our supporters does not wane over the summer.

Our younger players and midfield were overpowered by a highly skilled team with brilliant execution yesterday. I reckon the Giants might inflict the same pain on Port Adelaide next week. While I am disappointed with the not unexpected result I was pleased I was pleased by the determination of the team to keep going to the pressure going until the final siren. The same level of effort that kept us in the top eight all year.

Bring on 2024!

Saint supporter since '62